Passholder discounts Summer 2017

21stamps

Original Poster
I think you're being sarcastic. Have you never seen entire families piling plates with appetizers? How about the adults who fill their resort mugs to the top with wine or Courvoisier? The "backpack" families?
No! I don't stay club level. Only years ago at GF. I don't think I noticed it back then.

I guess it makes sense though.. I've read enough crazy threads to see that as a probability.lol

MySmallWorldof4

@MySmallWorldof4 here's Poly right now for July.

Their price points are so strange to me. Why would anyone choose GV club level over Standard TPV?
Or maybe that's just my own weirdness...lol

View attachment 195055 View attachment 195054
If you can save money on food and soda's/drinks by staying club it can work out. If we didn't have kids it would be a no brainer. I could have eaten all my meals in the lounge. But, with kids, no way. Picky, picky, picky. ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
If you can save money on food and soda's/drinks by staying club it can work out. If we didn't have kids it would be a no brainer. I could have eaten all my meals in the lounge. But, with kids, no way. Picky, picky, picky. ;)
My main reason for booking AKL Club Level pre cruise was for the food options.lol. I didn't want to do a table service meal just before embarkation.. but I wanted to try samples from Boma!
Wow, I cancelled so much last Fall.lol

But, for Poly, the view is more important to me. And I am no way in heck paying theme park view club level rates. Even with 30% off.

MySmallWorldof4

My main reason for booking AKL Club Level pre cruise was for the food options.lol. I didn't want to do a table service meal just before embarkation.. but I wanted to try samples from Boma!
Wow, I cancelled so much last Fall.lol
Couldn't do Boma. Picky, picky, picky kids. Plus paying adult price for Mr. Picky not happening. :p We did the quick service there( name escaping me now), and everyone was happy. It had a nice view of the pool.

21stamps

Original Poster
Couldn't do Boma. Picky, picky, picky kids. Plus paying adult price for Mr. Picky not happening. :p We did the quick service there( name escaping me now), and everyone was happy. It had a nice view of the pool.
I had looked at that menu when I had reservations there. It looked like it had great options. I think it was called Mara

21stamps

Original Poster
It is definitely one you should resort hop to.
I never have time! I always hear and read about people resort hopping and even park hopping and I just don't understand how there is enough hours in the day lol. I can resort hop to the monorail resorts if I'm staying on the monorail but that's about all we have time for. I wanted to walk over to POR while we were staying at POFQ.. two resort/Disney springs days and still didn't have time

MySmallWorldof4

I never have time! I always hear and read about people resort hopping and even park hopping and I just don't understand how there is enough hours in the day lol. I can resort hop to the monorail resorts if I'm staying on the monorail but that's about all we have time for. I wanted to walk over to POR while we were staying at POFQ.. two resort/Disney springs days and still didn't have time
You fly in. We drive so we have our car for resort hopping. We usually leave a park around noon or after, after doing an early morning. Kids are overheated and tired of walking anyway. Instead of eating at a park we will choose a different resort to eat at. Usually a quick service so we don't worry about reservations. We got to see resorts we never stayed at and it is fun to wander around. We only started doing this 2 years ago. We realized there was more to Disney than just the rides we had been on numerous times. Think it makes a trip more relaxing and getting away from crowds is a bonus.

MySmallWorldof4

Well 2 days is not enough time to take time out to resort hop. I think it would be fun to just go once maybe with no tickets and do everything you can do at Disney that doesn't require them. Hard to do that with kids though. I think our next trip we may take the boat from POFQ and take it to DS. That is something we never did.

p.a.m.

Nothing yet. Last year the rates came out the end of February for days through July 31, so I am a bit confused. :confused: But current offers don't end until March 30. So I guess it will be a daily check thing now. I have your back @21stamps .;)
Are you waiting for summer general public offers, or passholder offers? The current passholder offers can be booked until June 9 and apply to dates up to June 10. I think it's way too early for more passholder offers because they don't generally overlap all that much. Granted I've only had an AP since last summer so I haven't been tracking all that long. I'm guessing a bit here but I think I booked our July trip last summer with a passholder offer that came out in late April. I wish I could tell when I bought (as opposed to activated) our APs because I bought them to get the room discount.

MySmallWorldof4

Are you waiting for summer general public offers, or passholder offers? The current passholder offers can be booked until June 9 and apply to dates up to June 10. I think it's way too early for more passholder offers because they don't generally overlap all that much. Granted I've only had an AP since last summer so I haven't been tracking all that long. I'm guessing a bit here but I think I booked our July trip last summer with a passholder offer that came out in late April. I wish I could tell when I bought (as opposed to activated) our APs because I bought them to get the room discount.
I am looking for passholder but will book a general discount if that cones first and then change rates. Last year the AP rates for summer through July 31 came out 2/26/16.

p.a.m.

I am looking for passholder but will book a general discount if that cones first and then change rates. Last year the AP rates for summer through July 31 came out 2/26/16.
Oh Wow! I was way off. Thanks for correcting me. Like I said in a post a couple of pages back- I was paying rack rate for way too long. I was definitely late to the discount game.

MySmallWorldof4

Oh Wow! I was way off. Thanks for correcting me. Like I said in a post a couple of pages back- I was paying rack rate for way too long. I was definitely late to the discount game.
Somebody I think earlier in this thread posted a link to mousesavers. They have a page with all past discount release dates. That is why I am confused about early summer rates not getting released yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom