Spring Training, with a dash of Disney. Live.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I work for a builder, I get the whole low-flow shower head/low-flush toilet thing. I really do.

But when it takes an extra five minutes just to get my hair wet enough to lather, an extra five minutes to rinse out the shampoo, and another extra five minutes to rinse out the conditioner ... did we really save any water? Did we?
Same goes for thin single-ply napkins and TP ~ if we need to use twice as much, are we saving trees? (Even more important ~ is the proprietor (restaurant or hotel) really saving money by providing the "cheap stuff" if customers are consuming 2-3 times as much?)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
If we ever get back to the hotel room (ugh, the traffic!), we are having a nap.

After that, we will finalize dinner plans, but it's looking like Longhorn's Steakhouse or Culver's, each of which is near to the hotel.

There's something to be said about planning your Disney ADR's 180 days out. There's none of the last minute scrambling. "Where do you want to eat?" "I dunno, where do you want to eat!" "I don't care, it's all good, just pick somewhere." "Doesn't matter to me, you pick." "No, you pick." :facepalm:

PUSH

If we ever get back to the hotel room (ugh, the traffic!), we are having a nap.

After that, we will finalize dinner plans, but it's looking like Longhorn's Steakhouse or Culver's, each of which is near to the hotel.

There's something to be said about planning your Disney ADR's 180 days out. There's none of the last minute scrambling. "Where do you want to eat?" "I dunno, where do you want to eat!" "I don't care, it's all good, just pick somewhere." "Doesn't matter to me, you pick." "No, you pick." :facepalm:
My family always struggles to figure out where to eat... except at Disney. We don't book our entire vacation full of ADRs, most is QS, but we all have our favorite restaurants down there.

trr1

I'm curious about the sign--it just said church service, but what religious denomination? For some odd reason, the sign seemed unusual to me, I guess. (Oh believe me, I'm no saint--I was just curious, that's all. ;) )
A harbinger of things to come ... dessert spoons.

View attachment 194880

Hubby's dessert:
Coconut-Lime Quattro Leches
sponge cake soaked with four milks topped with whipped cream, toasted coconut, fresh blackberries, and lime zest (contains gluten, dairy, seeds)
$9.00
View attachment 194881

Mine:
Pecan Pie Bar
with Mexican vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
$9.00
View attachment 194882

Close-up:
View attachment 194883

Go big or go home ... I hate half of it! Not half of the ice cream though, 'cause generally I could take it or leave it.

You know who does like ice cream though.
why did you hate it?

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Same goes for thin single-ply napkins and TP ~ if we need to use twice as much, are we saving trees? (Even more important ~ is the proprietor (restaurant or hotel) really saving money by providing the "cheap stuff" if customers are consuming 2-3 times as much?)

HELLO!! That's one of my pet peeves, too! No exaggeration--you do end up using twice as much of the product; hence no $ savings, but a ton of aggravation! :banghead:

The cheapo toilet paper in the bathrooms at work ticked off one of my bosses so much, that the maintenance dept. was told to purchase "regular" toilet paper, to replace the useless kind--just for us. :p So, everyone on our floor (all business offices--card-swiped locked, no public entry), are keeping this a secret--that we have the only bathrooms in the entire hospital complex, that have 2-ply toilet paper! :D :hilarious:

NYwdwfan

HELLO!! That's one of my pet peeves, too! No exaggeration--you do end up using twice as much of the product; hence no $ savings, but a ton of aggravation! :banghead:

The cheapo toilet paper in the bathrooms at work ticked off one of my bosses so much, that the maintenance dept. was told to purchase "regular" toilet paper, to replace the useless kind--just for us. :p So, everyone on our floor (all business offices--card-swiped locked, no public entry), are keeping this a secret--that we have the only bathrooms in the entire hospital complex, that have 2-ply toilet paper! :D :hilarious:
My building was just sold and I think the new owners are using thinly shaved pieces of concrete in lieu of toilet paper.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
What to do for dinner? We were thinking Outback (because we don't have those at home anymore), but we just had steak yesterday; and we're at 'Ohana tomorrow.

Can you really have too much steak though?

I'm probably too late to chime in (but I will do it anyway), if you don't get steak at Outback I enjoy the Alice Springs Chicken. I get mine without fungus (mushrooms). I see @Eric1955 recommended it too.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm probably too late to chime in (but I will do it anyway), if you don't get steak at Outback I enjoy the Alice Springs Chicken. I get mine without fungus (mushrooms). I see @Eric1955 recommended it too.
We are here.IMG_2416.JPG
1.8 miles from the hotel ... vs 19 miles for the Outback.

Apps:
IMG_2412.JPG

I'm getting the T-Bone. Hubby hasn't decided.
IMG_2413.JPG

I'm going to have to upgrade to asparagus, 'cause I could take or leave broccoli. Or, maybe a second side for Hubby, and I'll just have the salad that's included.

Decisions, decision.
IMG_2414.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Unsweetened iced tea for me. Hubby's looks the same, but it's white peach.
IMG_2418.JPG

I DO like fungus! A lot. With cheese, without cheese ... fungus makes me happy.
IMG_2419.JPG
(Two for me, four for Hubby.)

No bread for me, but yikes it looks good.
IMG_2417.JPG

Calling it now - if Hubby gets dessert, he's getting the Apple Goldrush.
IMG_2415.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom