Splash Mountain fall refurbishment 2017

dreday3

We will be there end of October/early November - I'll be disappointed, but one less fast pass to get!

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

It's starting to almost turn into an annual refurb, lol.

Maybe there SHOULD be an annual extensive refurb. Maybe it makes sense to do this on a rolling basis for each of the big attractions. If TDO wants to schedule the refurbs away from peak demand, sounds exactly like the kind of data that magicbands were supposed enable being captured. Then the attractions may last at least until the 50th. On second thought, nah, makes to much logical sense to ever be considered.

mousehockey37

Maybe there SHOULD be an annual extensive refurb. Maybe it makes sense to do this on a rolling basis for each of the big attractions. If TDO wants to schedule the refurbs away from peak demand, sounds exactly like the kind of data that magicbands were supposed enable being captured. Then the attractions may last at least until the 50th. On second thought, nah, makes to much logical sense to ever be considered.

That's the problem. People demand that the ride be open. So Disney is between a rock and a hard place. They do what they need to and open the ride back up. But as someone else said, they recently did a refurb on it that took it out of use for quite a good bit of time.

This is just one of the issues with having a theme park that is open all year round. There's no "good" time to refurb most rides.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Unusual timing for this refurb. Usually it takes place early January through mid-March. VERY unusual.
I have theories as my friend who told this to me also found this highly unusual. 1. It's in dire need of one? Or 2. Something extensive will be happening to another major attraction jan-March that would mean splash would need to be open to pick up the slack.

mousehockey37

I have theories as my friend who told this to me also found this highly unusual. 1. It's in dire need of one? Or 2. Something extensive will be happening to another major attraction jan-March that would mean splash would need to be open to pick up the slack.

Splash's annual refurb is that time though due to the lower temps. So don't count on Splash picking up extra business in the "cold" season.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm getting word that splash is slated for a hefty refurb this fall from August-November.
Is this from a bus driver?
The time frame is the interesting part. Refurbs for the attraction are usually jan-march. Makes me curious as to why it's early in the fall...
Unusual timing for this refurb. Usually it takes place early January through mid-March. VERY unusual.
Yeah, unless there's some real issues with the ride I don't see them closing it during the heat of the end of summer. If it's an extensive refurb I would expect it to start right after the Christmas holiday period when it's too cold to ride some days anyway.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Is this from a bus driver?

Yeah, unless there's some real issues with the ride I don't see them closing it during the heat of the end of summer. If it's an extensive refurb I would expect it to start right after the Christmas holiday period when it's too cold to ride some days anyway.
Hardly :rolleyes: Refurb schedule went out today to certain cast. Believe it or don't. But it's happening. There is a reason they are not doing it in the holiday period which is why I made the thread. Something curios is afoot.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hardly :rolleyes: Refurb schedule went out today to certain cast. Believe it or don't. But it's happening. There is a reason they are not doing it in the holiday period which is why I made the thread. Something curios is afoot.
Well unless there's a serious problem (which can wait until August but not until January) that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not saying it won't happen.

dreday3

October isn't really slow anymore, is it?

So it seems this is real. Bummer. Well, hopefully this will be it in October for the "big" rides...

mousehockey37

October isn't really slow anymore, is it?

So it seems this is real. Bummer. Well, hopefully this will be it in October for the "big" rides...

There is no slow time anytime of the year really anymore. People have more money now after the recession, Disney keeps adding events, etc... Food and Wine starts at the end of August now. The new Arts festival in January looks like it will be back next year (probably expanded knowing Disney).

And before anyone starts quoting the crowd calendars, remember, those are made using historical data and predictions. Also, what a 7 crowd looks to one person will be a 4 to another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom