Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I wanted to go see it again too! It was soooo good! I honestly went in with low expectations because the original is my favorite and sometimes new versions don't always live up but I walked out so happy! :happy:

I loved the live action Cinderella but I wasn't blown away by it the way I was Beauty and the Beast. Maybe I'm biased because Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite. :rolleyes::inlove: It was just as amazing the second time as the first.. I picked up on things this time around that I missed the first time too so that was fun!

Emma Watson was the most perfect Belle. And Josh Gad as LeFou! It was amazing!!!!

YES! She knocked it out of the park! I was honestly kind of disappointed when they initially announced that she was Belle and went in with low expectations. But she completely surprised me! Josh Gad is phenomenal. There were times that I couldn't help but picture Olaf saying his lines though. :hilarious:

gdisneyfans

I was thinking of waiting until the movie came out on DVD, but all of your reviews are making me want to see it now!! I'm a little hesitant because of the Beast, but you've all convinced me otherwise! My daughter really, really wants to see it so I think a trip to the movie theater is in order this weekend:joyfull: Thanks for the reviews!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I was thinking of waiting until the movie came out on DVD, but all of your reviews are making me want to see it now!! I'm a little hesitant because of the Beast, but you've all convinced me otherwise! My daughter really, really wants to see it so I think a trip to the movie theater is in order this weekend:joyfull: Thanks for the reviews!!

I never go to the theater because it's so expensive but this one was completely worth it (both times)! Lol. My sister in law just took my 4 year old niece on Friday and said she loved it so you should be good to go! :)

amjt660

Premium Member
I never go to the theater because it's so expensive but this one was completely worth it (both times)! Lol. My sister in law just took my 4 year old niece on Friday and said she loved it so you should be good to go! :)
My DW and I saw it last night
For the most part I loved it.
Emma Watson was a good choice for Belle for everything except her voice.
She does fine on the "may be something " song but her voice is not strong enough for the opening number
My daughters are convinced that they auto tuned her throughout the movie
And that the reason Home was not included in the movie as a song (it was in the score if you listen closely) was because she could not do the song justice

Like I said I was pleasantly surprised by the music and singing (the Jungle Book was really bad for this)
Gaston was by far the star of the show

Max

blreinsel

Original Poster
My DW and I saw it last night
For the most part I loved it.
Emma Watson was a good choice for Belle for everything except her voice.
She does fine on the "may be something " song but her voice is not strong enough for the opening number
My daughters are convinced that they auto tuned her throughout the movie
And that the reason Home was not included in the movie as a song (it was in the score if you listen closely) was because she could not do the song justice

Like I said I was pleasantly surprised by the music and singing (the Jungle Book was really bad for this)
Gaston was by far the star of the show

Max

I thought Emma was great and brought somewhat of a twist to Belle's character. I was pleasantly surprised by her! I was really disappointed that Home wasn't included.. I heard the music for it in the bedroom scene and even said to Dylan, "Oh I love this song!" Overall, they did an awesome job with casting!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Well done! I want those for my next birthday!!
My daughter, my sister and I are going to see the movie on Thursday. I can't wait! So happy that everyone has been so positive about it. I don't love the look of the Beast, though.

Honestly, I was really disappointed with the Beast's look prior to seeing the movie but once I saw it.. HOLY MAN. :inlove: He's dreamy! Lol

blreinsel

Original Poster
GUYS.... I GOT A JOB!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

And if you think THAT'S great... It's in Osceola County which means DISNEY WILL BE LITERALLY IN MY BACKYARD!!!!! :D:D:D:D

But wait.. THERE'S MORE! The district wanted to secure my employment so badly that I was able to get them to offer Dylan a job as well! The recruitment team was fantastic and spent so much time with us. They're working to place us in buildings that are close to one another so that we can find a place to live that doesn't require a long commute for either of us. I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

On another note... @prfctlyximprct @Doc Disney I had a dream last night that the three of us were eating at Be Our Guest and you were secretly working to help Dylan propose to me in the restaurant. It was absolutely perfect! :inlove: So if you guys could actually make that happen in June I'd be extremely appreciative. ;):p

amjt660

Premium Member

And if you think THAT'S great... It's in Osceola County which means DISNEY WILL BE LITERALLY IN MY BACKYARD!!!!! :D:D:D:D

But wait.. THERE'S MORE! The district wanted to secure my employment so badly that I was able to get them to offer Dylan a job as well! The recruitment team was fantastic and spent so much time with us. They're working to place us in buildings that are close to one another so that we can find a place to live that doesn't require a long commute for either of us. I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

On another note... @prfctlyximprct @Doc Disney I had a dream last night that the three of us were eating at Be Our Guest and you were secretly working to help Dylan propose to me in the restaurant. It was absolutely perfect! :inlove: So if you guys could actually make that happen in June I'd be extremely appreciative. ;):p
Major league congratulations my friend
I wish both you and Dylan the best of luck in the new opportunity
Weekly Trip Reports by blgauger!!!
And I have someone to golf with when I come to Florida

Score!!

Max

WDWDarling

Yayyyy!!!! Congratulations! Have to admit I'm a little jealous but so excited for you!!!

So happy everything is falling into place! It'll be moving time before you know it! :happy:

blreinsel

Original Poster
That's awesome news! Congrats to the both of you on the new jobs AND incredible location!! Dreams can come true...sending you some pixie dust. ;)

Thank you! It's an incredible opportunity for both of us! :) Pixie dust is much needed for a smooth move!

Major league congratulations my friend
I wish both you and Dylan the best of luck in the new opportunity
Weekly Trip Reports by blgauger!!!
And I have someone to golf with when I come to Florida

Score!!

Max

Thank you! The weekly trip reports are a definite go! ;) Dylan will be more than happy to golf with anybody who wants to go! :)

Yayyyy!!!! Congratulations! Have to admit I'm a little jealous but so excited for you!!!

So happy everything is falling into place! It'll be moving time before you know it! :happy:

Thank you!! It's insane how quickly the move is coming! We'll be home from our trip and have only a few weeks to get packed and back to the sunshine state permanently! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom