Team Mist: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Seven Open Brainstorming

kmbmw777

If we do the boat ride water coaster thing. Maybe the Hobbit would be a better focus. The queue and facade could be lake town with the actual show building being the Mystic Mountain. We get an exciting encounter with Smaug inside the Mystic Mountain, a flume splash into a flaming lake, the guy with the special bow shoots Smaug, and we ride past Smaug's body with the special arrow sticking out before the exit.

That is our basis from the movie for the town and mountain.

Now, are we thinking loading in the mountain or in the town.

Queue could take us from town to mountain. We get some scenes of the dwarve happiness at finding their treasure. Then the dragon awakens and flys away. Back to flamin version of town. Arrow shot. Bam

kmbmw777

So it seems it is time
to divvy up the chores
We have the queue, the ride
And the good old Lore!.

Since we are doing poems
for our presentation
I do not think a website
will be a necessary creation.

Personally I feel, the document
should be typed in word,
with an old style font.
This would be preferred

The doc could be screenshotted
and posted here.
It would look so cool!
We'd be like Shakespeare!
I am also gonna bring this idea back

Magic Feather

Agree with that. Also, like kmbmw said, we need to start working on this. @kmbmw777 and @Pionmycake , you seem to have the best handle on the ride, so I highly suggest that one of you (or both) do the ridethrough. @Snoopy , you seem keen on the intro for realism, would you want to do that? @mickeyfan5534 , since you are great with the facts, would you like to put in a bit as to how this would add to the lore, and maybe include a queue and exterior description? I can work on the map, and placement. Lastly, what if we did a splashdown into an exterior lake. That could be interesting and provide a small thrill.

kmbmw777

Agree with that. Also, like kmbmw said, we need to start working on this. @kmbmw777 and @Pionmycake , you seem to have the best handle on the ride, so I highly suggest that one of you (or both) do the ridethrough. @Snoopy , you seem keen on the intro for realism, would you want to do that? @mickeyfan5534 , since you are great with the facts, would you like to put in a bit as to how this would add to the lore, and maybe include a queue and exterior description? I can work on the map, and placement. Lastly, what if we did a splashdown into an exterior lake. That could be interesting and provide a small thrill.
I assume this would be behind the ride and out of site from the viewers.

Also it sounds like the direction we are going is more Thirteen Dwarves Mine Boats than a retelling of the battle against Smaug.

Also @Magic Feather, what were your thoughts on the presentation style I proposed

kmbmw777

@Pionmycake and I can make a PM and discuss the ride ideas.

Also just a rough outline of my idea for the ride. It is not the plot of the movie per say, but it is more easily conveyed in a ride form

-Entrance of Lonely Mountain
-Dwarves and Hobbit exploring the mountain and marveling at the gold
-Dwarves drunkenly singing
-Frodo exploring for Thorin and bam he finds and awakens dragon.
-Dragon attacks Frodo and Dwarves and drives them out of Mountain (Drop)
(Time for Screenz!)
-In the distance (after the drop), Smaug can be seen flying about the town of Lakeview and destroying it slowly.
-A dwarf with a telescope on the boat narrates the events. "Holy carp! That guy just shot an arrow at Smaug and slayedhim! We are saved!"
-Return to the Mountain and more singing

Magic Feather

I'd say that hiw you deal with Smaug can be very interesting. Maybe silhouette projections (ala splash) when being thrown out of the mountain. A dome, Shanghai Pirates esque screen when smaug flies above. Then a final dead smaug figure?

kmbmw777

@Pionmycake and I can make a PM and discuss the ride ideas.

Also just a rough outline of my idea for the ride. It is not the plot of the movie per say, but it is more easily conveyed in a ride form

(Time for Screenz!)
-In the distance (after the drop), Smaug can be seen flying about the town of Lakeview and destroying it slowly.
-A dwarf with a telescope on the boat narrates the events. "Holy carp! That guy just shot an arrow at Smaug and slayedhim! We are saved!"
-Return to the Mountain and more singing
OR
(Time for Screenz!)
-We land in the town, and Smaug is attacking the town. Lake on fire
-Bard slays Smaug
-Everyone returns to mountain for feast with singing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom