Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

TiggerDad

Enchanted Tales (or at least the original incarnation of it) has a bit of a sweet spot in my heart. Back in the olden days of 199something, my family went on a trip, went to the original version of Enchanted Tales (where Merida is now), and one of my favorite Disney memories was created. While my sister and I weren't chosen to be a part of Belle's story, my dad was chosen to be the Beast. We have it on film somewhere, but he got really into the part.

I think it's nice to have a variety of things to do at Disney (rides, shows, interactions like this), and at least this is more entertaining than waiting in a 3 hour line to meet Cinderella.

In full agreement about the DHS shows. Idk why BatB isn't getting a movie-esque update, or an enclosed theater to do a longer show. A 45 minute, detailed musical a la Aladdin or Frozen is needed at that park. Little Mermaid should definitely bow out for Tangled or Moana.
My girls love Enchanted Tales. The Merida interaction was significantly pared back on our last trip. That also has been a highlight for years, but it seemed like they were just going through the motions this time.

Magenta Panther

Belle should've just been stuck in at Fairytale Hall with the other Princesses or had a much smaller scale M&G like Ariel's. There's no reason to waste so much space on M&Gs. Kids like your daughter eventually grow up and as Walt said, "you're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are just kids grown up anyway." A ride is something the whole family enjoys together for the majority. A M&G is something people would draw straws on to see who's the unlucky SOB that has to sit through it with little Susie while everyone else enjoys the park. Or everyone is forced to do it and stay together as a family whether they want to or not. It's also my opinion that after NFL both the Mermaid and B&tB shows in DHS should've been closed and replaced with newer offerings, one of them Tangled.

Have you seen the new TV movie "Tangled: Before Ever After"? If not, look it up. It's amazing. The animation, done in 2D, is even more dazzling than the movie's CGI. Great story too. I liked it better than the movie, frankly. Great stuff.

Magenta Panther

Count me in a small minority, but I don't think they need a ride in order to do BatB justice. I love Be our Guest and Gaston's is a great little nook in NFL and we eat there every time we are in MK. I love the look of Belle's cottage and eating at Be Our Guest. I feel like the movie is well-represented. And yes, I fully understand why many adults would hate on Belle's M&G and bemoan the use of space, but if you ask my three-year-old daughter, meeting Belle and acting in that skit for her was the highlight of her trip. I like that not everything is a ride. I think by giving us the music in Philharmagic, the food options in NFL, a show in DHS, and the meet and greet, BatB has excellent representation. Wouldn't a ride just repeat the same scenarios? Of look, we ride in a teacup and get to look at the ballroom scene or ride past Gaston's (oh wait, that is literally around the corner). What can they represent that they have not already done so? What other iconic moments do you want to experience? Or does it only count if you are siting in a vehicle and driving past such scenes in an omnimover? I haven't ridden the new ride yet, obviously, but I firmly believe their are multiple ways to represent and do justice to a film and I think a ride is simply one of the ways.

Just had a thought: One of the coolest things about Hogwarts at Universal is the queue, with the appearances of Harry and Company, Dumbledore, and the Sorting Hat. It'd be cool if we got the Beast's Castle where we walked through it and were treated to appearances by Cogsworth and Lumiere and Mrs. Potts during our journey. Then we'd get in a ride vehicle and eventually be confronted by the Beast ("There is a stranger here!") and we'd be whisked away to a scene where Belle is in the tower talking to her imprisoned father, with the Beast lurking nearby. Then the rest of the ride would continue to tell the "tale as old as time". I wonder if such a ride could be done in a smaller version in a manner similar to Peter Pan's Flight (with major upgrades). Again, just a thought, but I would love this.

rushtest4echo

A ride is something the whole family enjoys together for the majority. A M&G is something people would draw straws on to see who's the unlucky SOB that has to sit through it with little Susie while everyone else enjoys the park .

There's plenty of space for both elaborate M&G's and new rides at MK though. While I don't overly enjoy Storytime with Belle, it's the only M&G I've personally ever seen as a guest besides walking past them. As far as the parents and/or teens being "unlucky SOB's", they probably feel that way when they're on Pooh, or Small World, or TTA anyway if that's their point of view/attitude. A lot of people hate the Animals at AK and think Epcot is boring too but I'm glad they've chosen have offerings like that despite the vocal minority that don't want those things. Meet and greets are clearly in demand, and I'm very pleased to see stuff like Storytime with Belle and Mickey's new digs. Those things are awesome improvements to the park, they just probably shouldn't stand in for new attractions or expansion.

As far as parents and Storytime with Belle, they're probably more excited to do Storytime with Belle in the end than the kids themselves. It's showed in every show that I've gone to on that particular attraction. I'd guess that most parents leave that attraction happier than the kids to be honest.

rushtest4echo

Enough BatB in the parks already. Give me something new, like Ratatouille.

No :hungover:

BatB trackless in France FOR THE WIN. Needs to be done. I love Rat, but it's sort of in the middle of the pack of "good but not great" Pixar films. BatB is one of Disney's crowning achievements and deserves a ride of its own. Besides, the show at DHS has got to end at some point and then the NFL offerings would end up being the only stuff they have for BatB. Frankly, as much as I love the store, Be Our Guest, and the tavern, i'd love to see them become something else Princess related if it meant we could move some of that stuff to Epcot along with a proper ride. I'd love to see another ride in the showcase in either case, but I'd vastly prefer BatB even if it's not period appropriate (I can already hear the gnashing of teeth over that if a BatB ride is built).

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's plenty of space for both elaborate M&G's and new rides at MK though. While I don't overly enjoy Storytime with Belle, it's the only M&G I've personally ever seen as a guest besides walking past them. As far as the parents and/or teens being "unlucky SOB's", they probably feel that way when they're on Pooh, or Small World, or TTA anyway if that's their point of view/attitude. A lot of people hate the Animals at AK and think Epcot is boring too but I'm glad they've chosen have offerings like that despite the vocal minority that don't want those things. Meet and greets are clearly in demand, and I'm very pleased to see stuff like Storytime with Belle and Mickey's new digs. Those things are awesome improvements to the park, they just probably shouldn't stand in for new attractions or expansion.

As far as parents and Storytime with Belle, they're probably more excited to do Storytime with Belle in the end than the kids themselves. It's showed in every show that I've gone to on that particular attraction. I'd guess that most parents leave that attraction happier than the kids to be honest.

I, and my adult friend have attended Belle's Enchanted Tales several times without any children of our own. It's fun to watch, just like Jedi Academy or Turtle Talk.

Unnamed source

Joe B. Driver

Rodan75

Put me in the camp for Rat over BaTB. At some point if you IP everything, you can't IP everything with the same IP. WDW can't become Star Wars, Frozen, what Marvel we can squeeze in and BaTB World. Disney has a wealth of IPs and it is better to spread them out than to overhype and burn some out while ignoring others.

I'm okay with them going with some diversity of IPs here and it would maintain at least some thematic unity with what exists today.

aladdin2007

Put me in the camp for Rat over BaTB. At some point if you IP everything, you can't IP everything with the same IP. WDW can't become Star Wars, Frozen, what Marvel we can squeeze in and BaTB World. Disney has a wealth of IPs and it is better to spread them out than to overhype and burn some out while ignoring others.

I'm okay with them going with some diversity of IPs here and it would maintain at least some thematic unity with what exists today.

this!! it is possible to over saturate, I feel toy story, star wars, and BaTB are already being over used or at the enough point.

willtravel

No CGI. All shot the old fashioned way.

Go see it again. The digital projection is stunning.
That is good to hear. Then I think they should keep this one for quality purpose. I am not trying to derail a thread but when I saw the new Soarin' Around the World, for me I was not impressed. Too much CGI or to looked like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom