Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phroobar

Original Poster
In a latest podcast, Jim Hill said that the highly successful Shanghai Tron Coaster might be a possibility for the Tomorrowland Speedway. Tomorrowland would become kind of a gateway to other worlds such as Wreck-it-Ralph and Tron. Of course, if they could ever get Tron 3 off the ground, the coaster might become a reality. Would you give up the Tomorrowland Speedway for the Tron coaster?

jt04

Love that Tomorrowland is getting the nod in the short term. Obviously the MK needs something before the 50th. Just hope the priority of upgrading the other 3 parks does to get slighted. They should be the priority even with such a major milestone. IMO.

dmatt87

Why? Tron is a Disney home grown IP. Do we really need stinky gas powered cars with very little scenery vs a state of the art coaster with amazing lighting effects?
I like Tron, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I want to see another coaster - not everybody enjoys them. I get motion sickness in coasters but driving little cars is just plain old classic fun for the whole family. But I would love to see a Tron themed ride eventually at WDW.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I love this!!

Is the Tomorrowland Speedway leaving for certain? If so, when?
Just a rumor. It would probably be years from now. Simulated hover cars (landspeeds) would be pretty cool. Just make them electric and take away the bar on the track. The cars should be smart enough to not let drivers leave certain lanes.

21stamps

Just a rumor. It would probably be years from now. Simulated hover cars (landspeeds) would be pretty cool. Just make them electric and take away the bar on the track. The cars should be smart enough to not let drivers leave certain lanes.

Whew, ok good! I happen to enjoy the Speedway. If it has to be replaced then I would love to see it become an electric hover car/spaceship experience.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The Shanghai Tron coaster is very popular that is why Disney seems to be looking at it again. They could put it in without Tron 3 being made. They just need a way to get people to buy lots of Tron merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom