Liquor Store walking distance from WDW?

raven

By the way, in CT we tend to call them "package stores" but I thought "liquor store" was more common. We don't actually like liquor much. Just looking for a few Budweisers before bed, so apparently the gas stations will do just fine. Thanks!
And in some northern states they are called a "Party Store." Seems appropriate. :)

beertiki

$18 for a 6 pack of beer. $6.50 for a 16oz bud lt. I have packed beer in my luggage and did not make the amateur mistake of not putting it in a large plastic bag. Pad it with some clothes and it will be fine. Being an alcoholic, my math works like this - just the taxi ride to the store and back will cost about a 6 pack. So just buy one at the resort and enjoy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We will be staying on the resort without a car. Is there a liquor store walking distance from Disney World that we can go to without paying an arm and a leg? We aren't looking for any expensive liquor, just a six pack of beer to have in the room along with a midnight snack.

Don't forget that Disney property is not very walkable with the exception of the few places where there are dedicated walking paths. Very few of the roads have sidewalks so trying to walk from pretty much any resort to a location off property would be difficult and dangerous.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That is not true. All walmarts, walgreens, etc. do not sell alcohol. You can get wine and beer anywhere; but hard liquor you have to go to a liquor store. And even then, if its at a walmart or publix, its attached not inside the actual store.

In Illinois, I can buy tequila anywhere. I can even get it at the drive through on 95th stony island

Every Walgreens sells alcohol ;)

upload_2017-3-19_8-47-13.png

yedliW

Yeah when visiting some parts of Texas we noticed this. Texas has stricter laws on alcohol and liquor sales than some other states in the south. Some of northern Louisiana has some different local laws too on alcohol sales on Sundays etc. ;)

You want to see some messed up alcohol laws.. come to the Peoples' Republic of NY.. only beer can be sold in grocery stores.. anything else has to be sold in liquor stores, and they can't sell anything else.. a local one got sued by the state AG for selling wine gift bags.. and no alcohol can be sold before noon on Sundays.. including at restaurants.. so no mimosas with brunch.. They've tried to change it, but I don't think it went through..

mergatroid

Seeing this thread title on here really makes me smile. I'm sure it's not the case at all but I get the image of some scruffy alcoholic staggering around World Drive shouting obscenities at passing cars waving an empty bottle :hungover:

mouse_luv

Can we start a thread in chit chat now since the OP's question has been answered and this thread just won't die otherwise with all the half relevant chit chat. It doesn't really have to do with WDW Gen discussion anymore. Thanks.

@wdwmagic @The Mom

Last edited:

Figments Friend

That's nice, but they only sell beer and wine. Now THIS is living...
a2aa463f5b7fd5b3e564a4f289ba0220.jpg

The Drive-Thru Daiquiri Store.

:eek:

( crackling microphone sound )
"Welcome to Drive N' Daiquiri....can I take your order..?"

( me, looking at the menu board shown in the photo above )
"Yeah, I'll take a large 'Wild Screw' and a gallon sized 'Sex On The Beach', please.
Do you except Disney Gift Cards by the way....?"

( silence from behind the window )

:p

-

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

You want to see some messed up alcohol laws.. come to the Peoples' Republic of NY.. only beer can be sold in grocery stores.. anything else has to be sold in liquor stores, and they can't sell anything else.. a local one got sued by the state AG for selling wine gift bags.. and no alcohol can be sold before noon on Sundays.. including at restaurants.. so no mimosas with brunch.. They've tried to change it, but I don't think it went through..
It went through. Law has been changed. See below:
http://pix11.com/2016/06/19/new-york-liquor-law-will-allow-sunday-boozing-with-brunch/

beertiki

About 15 years ago on a drive from Florida to Maryland we stopped to spend the night in Georgia. I went to buy a 6 pack to take back to the room and was told that they don't sell beer on Sundays. I swore to never spend another night in Georgia again, and have even gone as far as to making sure I have enough gas to drive through the state without stopping.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
About 15 years ago on a drive from Florida to Maryland we stopped to spend the night in Georgia. I went to buy a 6 pack to take back to the room and was told that they don't sell beer on Sundays. I swore to never spend another night in Georgia again, and have even gone as far as to making sure I have enough gas to drive through the state without stopping.
It also changes from county to county in some states so some parts of Georgia might sell it on Sunday but it also may be the whole state. Just like in Louisiana we have some completely dry counties/parishes that never sell alcohol on any day in the Bible Belt area. :)

Last edited:

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
If you're wanting some food items, Garden Grocer also will deliver beer and wine with your order. Prices beat buying from the hotel.

Phonedave

Come over the river to NJ. WE have some strange laws over here too. Some grocery stores sell alcohol, but a chain can only have 3 stores that sell alcohol in the entire State (but ShopRite is a coop and it's store are independently owned, so there are more than 3 ShopRites that sell alcohol)

In Begren County NJ it is illegal to sell clothing, lumber, electronics, and assorted other items on a Sunday - but you can buy alcohol after noon. That's right, on a Sunday, entire shopping malls are closed, but liquor stores are open after lunch.

When we were staying in AKL, my brother took a bus over to Disney Springs (DTD at the time) and bought two 12 packs of beer from the Speedway (Hess at the time). He then rode the bus back to AKL with them. He had people offering to buy them off of him.

We usually place an order with garden grocer when we go. We also order food because we are in a DVC unit with a kitchen, but we throw some beer and wine on the order as well. They do make water (liquid) proof bags meant to pack things like alcohol in. It does not so much protect from breakage, but contains the liquid if it does break. I had a bottle of rum break in my bag once on the way back from the Caymans. That bag smelled really good for quite a while.

-dave

JimW

Premium Member
Here in St Pete, there's an app called Drizly that will deliver hard liquor, as well as beer and wine. Looking at their website, it would appear that they also deliver in the WDW area. Has anyone used them at the resorts before?

Movielover

Oklahoma is even worse, You cant buy beer or liquor on Sundays (although this may change soon due to a new law). and you cant buy liquor after 9pm Monday through Saturday. All beer sales stop at 2am and bars have to close at 2 as well. Plus you can only buy high point stuff at Liquor stores.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Come over the river to NJ. WE have some strange laws over here too. Some grocery stores sell alcohol, but a chain can only have 3 stores that sell alcohol in the entire State (but ShopRite is a coop and it's store are independently owned, so there are more than 3 ShopRites that sell alcohol)

In Begren County NJ it is illegal to sell clothing, lumber, electronics, and assorted other items on a Sunday - but you can buy alcohol after noon. That's right, on a Sunday, entire shopping malls are closed, but liquor stores are open after lunch.

When we were staying in AKL, my brother took a bus over to Disney Springs (DTD at the time) and bought two 12 packs of beer from the Speedway (Hess at the time). He then rode the bus back to AKL with them. He had people offering to buy them off of him.

We usually place an order with garden grocer when we go. We also order food because we are in a DVC unit with a kitchen, but we throw some beer and wine on the order as well. They do make water (liquid) proof bags meant to pack things like alcohol in. It does not so much protect from breakage, but contains the liquid if it does break. I had a bottle of rum break in my bag once on the way back from the Caymans. That bag smelled really good for quite a while.

-dave
New Jersey. Good old New Jersey. Especially Bergen County (where I live) We love to hold on to backwards laws longer then anyone else in this great union. Self serve gas? NAH!!! Beer for sale in C-stores and Super-markets? NAH!!!! Shopping on Sundays? DON'T YOU F-ING DARE!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom