The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

So we saw Beauty and the Beast this afternoon, it was hub, me and a friend of mine. It was pretty fantastic. I think I liked it better than the remake of Cinderella. It was pretty true to the animated feature but there were quite a few differences as well, there was even a reference to a version of the Beauty and the Beast story I read as a child before the Disney version was even made. My friend is not as up on her Disney movies (although I try through movie nights) really liked it as well, she said she was in suspense for a lot of it. She hadn't watched the animated one before.:eek: So I highly recommend it!

A funny thing though, before the movie started there was a preview for Pirates coming out in May and my friend turned to me and said "Pirates is a Disney movie?" I was like :eek:! How are we even friends!?!?!
Well, theres people who had no clue Marvel was a thing before they were bought by Disney.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't even think it's in the budget WITHOUT kids. Though we also have international flights to get there, which is insane. That's why we need to win the lottery. MAYBE I'll be able to convince hubby to stay there in 10 years for our 25th anniversary.

The nicest things about SOG walking to Poly and price:joyfull:

I've been doing a great deal of skimming the last few weeks-but didn't I just read that a great chunk of rooms are being dedicated over to DVC at the Poly. It would have been in the last week or so. From what I'm gathering the Poly has been so wildly popular as a DVC point venue, it is going to be more a DVC than a resort....again I skimmed the thread and I could be wrong....

Gabe1

Stayed at the Poly once. We had a reservation for POFQ, but got a call saying they needed to rebook us because they were doing a renovation of it. Think this was in '03 because we just had the one DD. For like an extra maybe $20 a night they were offering us the Poly or for our rate another moderate. I jumped at the chance at the Poly. Loved it! But that was the last time we stayed there :(

I love when things like this happen. We got bump'd out of POR right as AKL was Grand Opening. We did so well. The phone offer to our Travel Agent was bump to AKL and $400 in Disney Dollars upon check in. Of course we took the bump. It was a trip that included the 4th of July so the pool was a bonus there as the resort was far from full unlike POR. Upon check in they could not find the $400 in Disney Dollars but the notes were in our reservation. So they just whipped out $400 in Disney Dollars and bump'd us up to a pool view room with a balcony along with a queen bed and bunkbeds for the kids. Score! The next day on our table was the then 'found' $400 in Disney Dollars from Walt Disney Travel Corp. I went down to the desk (honest person I am) and they said there was nothing they could do with them as they were issued by WDWTC and told me to enjoy. So an overbooked POR on a Holiday weekend, bump'd to brand new AKL and $800 in Disney Dollars = Wondrous vacation though aliabet hot.

Gabe1

My daughter saw it Friday. She loved it. She is going back to see it with me tomorrow. I asked her how they handled the gay aspect. She replied, "What gay aspect?".

My favorite reviewer of movies said it was there and it was a big nothing. He was a bit ticked off at the 'calls for boycott.' He found it funny that this tiny addition was worth a boycott call to action but in the same realm how would that few seconds me worse than the implications and leaning towards beast****** of the animated Disney Version. It gave me a moment to pause and giggle. I was like, hey he is right. Guess my brain just doesn't look for 'all that' to be read into movies. I go for the entertainment vs the controversy.

Hmpf: fixed that the best I could. Didn't think that would be censored. ooops

Last edited:

Gabe1

We don't have an official Spring Break this year, our school does it every other year. We did have a Friday off the first week in March, I guess to compensate for our two late nights of parent-teacher conferences so that is why hubs and I took a quick trip to WDW. I also took my other personal day to extend the weekend. Also this year we have Good Friday off (as always) but also Easter Monday (which we don't always have off, so I am taking a solo trip to Disneyland. I'm being a bad pastor's wife and skipping Easter at our church this year. Perhaps I might find a service out there, but it might be tricky as I won't have a car and I would have to give up park time.

I was thinking about Easter and your hubby being a pastor, no judgement, we all know I'm less than a stellar Catholic these days...I was more admiring your Chutzpah being the Pastors wife and flying off to Disneyland and bolting. In my little Hamlet the town would be a-buzz talking about your absence lol. Good for you.

And I about spit my Coke with your giving up park time. Too funny. IF you really had the desire to hit up a service, there should be one Disney official resort that will hold services that morning. They are usually held in a Conference or Banquet room.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I've been doing a great deal of skimming the last few weeks-but didn't I just read that a great chunk of rooms are being dedicated over to DVC at the Poly. It would have been in the last week or so. From what I'm gathering the Poly has been so wildly popular as a DVC point venue, it is going to be more a DVC than a resort....again I skimmed the thread and I could be wrong....
I think @StarWarsGirl and @Tuvalu may be the experts in how many rooms the Poly lost to DVC

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Not that the Poly is my "go to" resort or anything, but I'm really struggling with all the DVC retrofits there and in so many other resorts at WDW--especially at WL. Obviously, the DVC business model must be some sort of cash cow for WDW with all that's going on. Guess it must work for many families as well, so there's no turning back.

Guess my main issue with all of this goes back to when they first started converting some hotel rooms into DVC. I prefer full service hotels, and had this idea in my mind that a DVC room would not be up to par with a traditional resort room. For whatever reason, it just seemed to me to cheapen the quality of the resort. The concept of a new, separate building of DVC (such as Bay Lake Tower--even though I think that's ugly) was somewhat better received by me, than some weird retrofit of existing rooms to DVC in a resort hotel.

My biggest fear is that down the road, they'll just make all the resorts into DVC and people like me who would pick an on-site, full-service hotel (for the convenience to the parks via Disney transportation), would be locked out.

Songbird76

We have tried to go once a year since 2002. We skipped 2007. We have gone more than once during some years. It does help when you just have to go in your car and drive as opposed to needing plane tickets. ;) Maybe your DH needs a transfer to The States. :)
Ha! We tried to live there for the first year of our marriage, but he couldn't find a job in his field. The company he works for here is unfortunately not international, so getting transferred is probably not going to happen. I just need to win the lottery!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom