The conundrum of missing WDW

Graham9

When I'm between Disney trips - that is to say I have nothing planned to visit WDW, I cut off all and everything Disney. I really don't want to see or hear from the place on the basis I really want to go there and at the moment, I can't and don't want reminding of the place.

Once a trip is booked....that's a different matter. Out comes the photos and vids.

Raineman

That's not quite as pathetic as watching other peoples' home videos on YouTube... living vicariously through their trips to WDW.
I do that, but I do something that's probably even more pathetic-watching the "walkarounds" people have done in each of the parks. No shots of attraction interiors, just showing the entire park. It has been coming in handy, now that I have a trip booked-but it's 8 months away and I want to go right now.

Zipadeelady

I take as many soaps as I can when we're there and will use one every once in awhile at home. The scent always takes me back to our vacation..... And the little Mickey face on the soap always makes me smile. :oops:

danyoung56

... I do something that's probably even more pathetic-watching the "walkarounds" people have done in each of the parks.

I just watched a couple of those yesterday! I think the guy's name is iThemePark, and he has a really high quality camera and a Steadi-cam device that makes his videos very smooth. Now, from the standpoint of a video editor of many years, he does some very strange transitions from shot to shot. But the video images themselves are really excellent, and make for a fun view.

Kenny1132

160+ days out... Friday's are the worst because I'm one of the only people in the office so my mind wanders to Disney...Good side, I can blare my Disney music which is great because "Be Our Guest" has been stuck in my head for a couple weeks now

admiral-ari-x

I only have 14 more days left until we depart for Disney! Currently booking fastpasses and listening to old parade music... I can't wait to dash into the parks like a madman once again :D

nickys

Premium Member
I do 2 things.

I read the forum pages and news sites, and I look at the videos, especially on the ears site, of the resorts and stuff. I can then at least pretend I am coming back soon and immerse myself in all things Disney.

Well, it's good to keep up with what's happening, for when I really am coming back, right?

Maerj

I play the music in the car and watch the Resort TV videos at home. When we get really hard up, my daughter and I sniff sunblock and watch Martin's videos.

matt clark

Im going through it bad right now.
#1. I am set to buy tickets for mickey's not so scary when they go on sale in May.
#2. I am buying annual passes for the family as a gift for christmas.
#3. I am not rich so I will be trying to pre-book a night during the weekend right before new years at Animal kingdom Lodge I will be trying to book in late May.
and then #4 I just helped my buddy plan his 4 day Florida Resident ticket vacation that he is going to go to in May.

So I am constantly plotting and planning and paying for Disney and I cant even get a taste until LATE SEPTEMBER :(
at the very least I have my universal studios a.p.'s. It helps a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom