News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

EricsBiscuit

Only during busy periods. And only for quick food.

It used to be a sit down dinner show attraction.
No that is not true it is exactly like the Liberty Tree Tavern. I can guarantee you that. Just look at the app. It doesn't say open seasonally.

Edit: but the menu is slightly different from the LTT. It still is open year round now. Check the menu too- it's not quick food.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No that is not true it is exactly like the Liberty Tree Tavern. I can guarantee you that. Just look at the app. It doesn't say open seasonally.

Edit: but the menu is slightly different from the LTT. It still is open year round now. Check the menu too- it's not quick food.
Apologies. It's changed since last time we ate there.

But still. It's a shadow of its former self.

BenJacobs

I think it should something like Soarin' over the Uk(heaps of landscapes and sights), or a similar idea if that would be too costly.

Epcot shouldn't have a roller coaster, as it doesnt go with Epcot's ideologies and the fact that you don't feel like youre in a theme park when youre there, but something more. If they added a roller coaster, or another type of normal seeming ride, it would take away the feeling that Epcot is more than just a theme park, which Disney shouldn't take away - the only possible exception would be a Matterhorn Bobsleds coaster like in Disneyland.

You can still create thrills and a great day out with fast paced dark rides(like test track) or amazing attractions(like Soarin', they should create more fast paced dark rides though.

BenJacobs

Tony Baxter's fantastic ride concept related to Mary Poppins sure would be a great addition to the UK Pavilion at Epcot.

Tony's 'Jolly Holiday' concept, as told ( and shown ) by the man himself.

Exactly the type of unique , engaging, and timeless Attraction that could enhance the Guest experience.

:)

-

I don't think that this would work as a ride, as it doesn't properly portray the UK correctly, and that I think nobody would be that interested with it(Person1: "Do you wanna go on the Mary Poppins ride?" Person2: "Really...?").

I think the UK pavillion needs something like Soarin'(probably way too expensive), or a boat ride showing some of many landscapes and sights in the small Nation.

EricsBiscuit

I think it should something like Soarin' over the Uk(heaps of landscapes and sights), or a similar idea if that would be too costly.

Epcot shouldn't have a roller coaster, as it doesnt go with Epcot's ideologies and the fact that you don't feel like youre in a theme park when youre there, but something more. If they added a roller coaster, or another type of normal seeming ride, it would take away the feeling that Epcot is more than just a theme park, which Disney shouldn't take away - the only possible exception would be a Matterhorn Bobsleds coaster like in Disneyland.

You can still create thrills and a great day out with fast paced dark rides(like test track) or amazing attractions(like Soarin', they should create more fast paced dark rides though.
I disagree. As long as it has some educational part after the ride or in the pavilion to draw people in to learn, I am fine with it. Roller coasters are fun and can be used to draw people into a pavilion to learn. It's not about the ride teaching all the time IMHO bc there is only so much you can teach in a given timeframe. The pavilion is really where you can give lot's of information. While I loved World of Motion and other rides (I was 8 I think when it closed yet it still is impressed in my mind) of that sort, I think the people who will not want to learn won't have to while the people who do can have a whole pavilion to do so. I hope I elaborated enough to get my point across.

BenJacobs

I disagree. As long as it has some educational part after the ride or in the pavilion to draw people in to learn, I am fine with it. Roller coasters are fun and can be used to draw people into a pavilion to learn. It's not about the ride teaching all the time IMHO bc there is only so much you can teach in a given timeframe. The pavilion is really where you can give lot's of information. While I loved World of Motion and other rides (I was 8 I think when it closed yet it still is impressed in my mind) of that sort, I think the people who will not want to learn won't have to while the people who do can have a whole pavilion to do so. I hope I elaborated enough to get my point across.
A well reasoned argument, let's just agree to disagree.

rd805

A quick commentary on the possibility of a Poppins ride in the UK (that I can neither confirm nor deny as being most likely, as I simply do not know the specifics of the themes being considered). I get that it takes place in London, and Frozen takes place in a Norway-ish country, but that still does not change the fact that it is a bit hypocritical to praise the concept of Poppins and bash on Frozen. Poppins by no means centers around English culture (unless you count accents & tea), while still having slight inspirations, akin to Frozen. I would deem it a worse fit in WS that Rat, as far as IPification goes. Ultimately, I am just a concerned that the prospect of a practically perfect Poppins ride, is blinding us from seeing how this could damage a bit of the integrity of EPCOT. Now, having said that, seeing as EPCOT is going down this road, be it with or without Mary, I would personally advocate for it as a best case, especially since EPCOT Center is dead.

Because Poppins is "classic" Disney -- even the IP haters will EAT IT UP.

Sir_Cliff

Should have a 'Benny Hill' themed attraction. Classic British comedy from the 70's. Have Benny been chased by underwear clad ladies whilst he slaps a little old bald bloke repeatedly on the head :)
If this is really just a small addition, I could totally see a Benny Hill carousel along those lines. The cast members may need the same airport worker-style ear protection to avoid madness from that music playing over and over again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom