Club 32 Lounge

MonorailRed

Applebees
I always like the talking flowers portion and seeing all of the unique animals in Tulgey Woods. My absolute favorite parts. Maybe the guests can take the place of Alice and have a different Wonderland experience.

Not sure about this as Disney tried to do this before with Snow White and didn't work out so well. :confused:
The Tugly woods could be the main draw. @spacemt354 do you still have the full gryffindor fantasyland project?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Also I should add @Tony the Tigger 's awesome drawings from the Alice in Wonderland project as well!:)
full

full

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Oh yes I remember -- this was one of the best and most detailed queue's ever written by @Tony the Tigger :D

Words first. Artwork later. This proved more tricky than my initial conception, which I didn't realize didn't completely make sense until I started to flesh it out. A refresher of the movie storyline helped, as well as the knowledge of what is already being done to the surrounding area and the ride itself. This is the queue for the Alice ride:

The line begins in the same general area as where the line for IASW now begins. The entrance to the queue is marked on either side by graduated, brightly colored (Alice's blue, white and yellow) pots containing live, well-manicured hedges/topiaries trimmed into funky, Wonderlandesque shapes (to include an occasional rabbit shape.) The first pots are small and the foliage low to the ground, each one gradually getting taller. As you turn the first corner, they become uniform, straight-trimmed hedges and quite tall (at least 6'5") losing the pots, and you realize you are in a mini-maze-like atmosphere (although still in an orderly line.) This second row of hedge (visible behind the shorter first row) will have red hearts hanging on them in an even pattern (think the way netted Christmas lights wrok) making this queue very attractive and also funky-looking to passersby. The line will meander rather than follow the typical pattern (hello, it's Wonderland) without sacrificing efficiency of space.

The mouth and eyes of the Cheshire cat will occasionally light up in spots along the way. Hidden speakers will play the Alice In Wonderland Theme, punctuated by statements taken from both the animated and live-action films. "You're as mad as a hatter," "Off with your head!" etc.

This foreshadows the ride to come (with the foliage in the front row going from small to large as did Alice) as well as foreshadowing the full-sized labyrinth afterwards. (I imagine the ride will end with a choice between going one direction to exit through the gift shop, or the opposite direction to enter our full maze, which then ends in the same gift shop.) The tall hedge will provide some shade for guests while waiting in line (except at high noon.)

Eventually you come to what is made to look like the base of a giant tree, with a rabbit hole in the bottom, large enough for an adult to walk through. A cast member dressed as a resident of Wonderland ushers the allotted number of guests into the room as you hear an instrumental intro loop of the Jefferson Airplane "White Rabbit" classic (now featured in the trailers for the new film.) The cast member directs the guests to wait in the center of the room a la the Haunted Mansion stretching room but elliptical rather than round, and the music gets distorted.

[The room, as seen from the front entrance, has a large, floor to almost ceiling, curved movie screen on either side, for the length of each wall. The one on the left is fairly close to the doorway.]

Simultaneously, the music stops and the lights dim.

The grin of the Cheshire Cat appears on the screen and then disappears, only to reappear in another spot, quickly joined by the eyes, and then the entire cat. Cheshire cat welcomes our guests, and while still disappearing and reappearing in different spots, warns about flash photography, and about chasing rabbits. He vanishes.

Flash of a realistic darting rabbit on one screen - then the other, with the sound of a rabbit's feet running. Then an upright rabbit in a waistcoat appears at the opposite end of the entrance, shouts, "I'm late I'm late I'm late" and runs out an animated doorway projected onto the wall. That doorway then goes dark.

Enter a life-sized Alice from the left side of the left screen (as if she just walked in the entrance behind you.

"Did you see him? Did you see the white rabbit?" she asks, when she gets about a third of the way in. She faces the audience, walks a little further, and addresses the guests again, "Did you see where he went? The white rabbit in the waistcoat? He was so curious!"

(continued in next post...)
(continuing...)

Alice continues walking towards the exit door. As she gets closer to it, we all realize she is too big to go through it. As she reaches for the doorknob, it speaks to her. "You'll never fit through that doorway. You have to get smaller!" "How can I do that?" she asks. "You see that bottle?" Alice picks up the bottle marked "DRINK ME" and holds it up so everyone in the room can read it. She asks the guests what do they think? Should she drink it?

Then she does.

As she shrinks, the panoramic background makes the guests feel like they are shrinking, too. The ceiling goes up, revealing even more of the screens that were previously obscured, and enhancing the effect, much like the haunted mansion. Building on that concept, the floor also goes down about a foot. The door now appears to be much taller than we are. Alice jumps but can't reach the doorknob. She turns to us: "Oh, no! What shall I do?"

A familiar grin lights up just behind Alice, and we notice a cake with the words "EAT ME" on it. As the grin disappears, Alice turns around abruptly as if thinking, "What was that?" and sees the cake. She reads it, she looks at us, she ponders...she eats it.

And bam! She grows larger. As she does, the floor comes back up to the starting position. The ceiling comes down lower than it was at the starting position. The panoramic animation shows all the background items appearing to get much smaller, making us feel like we are getting bigger along with Alice.

Alice starts to cry giant tears, which quickly flood the room. She floats near the table and sees the "DRINK ME" bottle on top of it and drinks it, making her start to shrink again. The doorknob, underwater, relents and the door opens - with a real splash of water and mist from the ceiling - and as the water begins to rush out the door, the bottle falls off the table, into the water. Alice lands in the bottle, and floats with the rushing water through the doorway, yelling, "Help!"

Cast member ushers guests through the real doorway, now well-lit and obvious, and guests board their own bottle-shaped vehicles and begin their own water ride.
Ride
"Alice's adventures down the rabbit hole"-Rough Draft

This is a dark, water ride attraction, with an outside exterior.
The seating is in a bottle, like in the movie that Alice falls into with her "tears", with two rows that can fit up to 4 people max in each. The ride is ongoing with a track underneath the bottles, but is a water ride like in "It's a small world". This will be through Alice's point of view, until the last scene. As you enter the room to ride, you hear Alice talking over the speakers, saying
"As you enter your tea cup, make sure hands, arms, and legs are inside until the end of your journey through wonderland. You wouldn't want things to get too mad throughout your journey!"

*Scene one*
You are entered in a room with signs, these signs say things like, "up", "down", "sideways", "here", "there", "this way", that way", "anywhere". Throughout this scene, the signs will face and say different things, each time your bottle reaches a different sign, the light will shine on the sign until you transition onto the next sign.
images

*Scene two*
The signs lead you into a room where your bottle will start floating and turning different directions. On one side there will be tweedle dee, and when the teacup turns there will be tweedle dumb on the other side. Throughout this room, your bottle is moving in different directions to find tweedle dee and tweedle dumb. At the end of the scene, tweedle dee and tweedle dumb will come out together, blocking your way into the next room, but before you hit them, they move out of the way.

*Scene three*
This occurs outside, and even though it is on the outside, there is a glass tunnel surrounding it(so the ride can function within rain). The tunnel will be pink and purple flashes, with hearing things from the Cheshire cat himself. Saying things like "do de do de do", humming, and saying things like "miss, are you lost?", "you seem to have lost your way", "You have been here before I'm sure."

*Scene four*
As you enter inside the building again, your bottle stops as you see the Cheshire Cat on top of a tree, saying, "Ah! It is you! Looks like you have lost your way, where are you headed? Ah, you don't know? Then it simply doesn't matter where you go! If I give you a secret passage way..that is sure to make things go smoother on your journey. Here, take my shortcut. But be aware, this won't happen again". At the end of the Cheshire Cat talking, the light will move forwards a small door in between the tree which will be your door into the next scene.
images

*Scene 5*
You will enter another hallway like tunnel, but this will have cards on either side of you, leading your way down to the end of he tunnel. In the background, you'll hear the song "Painting the roses red in the background" until you exit the tunnel, which will have a card flipped over the door as you enter the next scene.
images

*Scene 6*
Your teacup enters a room where you see the red queen playing croquet, hitting hedgehogs with flamingos, and just as the queen is about to "hit" the hedgehog, your bottle will move in a different direction, this happens in different directions throughout the scene, until you finally reach the end of switching and turning to see a very angry red queen as you exit the scene.
images

images

*Scene 7*
You enter another tunnel, but this tunnel is curved on the top, with black and white horizontal lines turning, as your tea cup heads in a straight direction. You hear the red queen and others chasing after you it feels like, when you hear the sounds, "off with your head!", "Off with her head!", "Track her down!", "don't let her get away!"

*Scene 8*
After you exit the tunnel, you will come in a small, black room able to fit two bottles, these will have teacup pictures on the sides of the walls, and fallen teacups falling off, while you wait to go to the next scene.

*Scene 9*(Final scene)
You enter a room with your bottl, your bottle spins forwards a large table, where you see the door mouse, March hare, Alice, and the mad hatter all sitting at the table enjoying tea. You see a banner that says "Celebration calls for tea!" And the mad hatter says before you leave, "No worries, dear, we're all mad here in wonderland! And the red queen is gone!*everyone shouts hooray*" "This calls for a celebration of tea!"
March hare:"Oh tea, yes indeed!"
Mad hatter:"CLEAN CUP, MOVE DOWN!"
images

images

As you exit the attraction, you will get off in the same direction you came on, and signs that say "this way", "move forward", "come along", "almost there", will lead you out the exit of the attraction building.​

FigmentPigments

Alice doesn't really have a strong plot. Going with the wacky visuals is the best direction to go, although I believe that it should have some of the movie scenes, with maybe some new book related scenes as well.
What kind of book scenes were you thinking? :bookworm: very interested to know since I havent read the book in a very long time. Just as devils advocate, most people only really know the Disney movies people might get confused if say we had a jabberwocky in there.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Oh gosh how has this not come up! It's off-topic of Alice, but

@Fox&Hound did such a neat redo of PhilharMagic in that project too:bookworm: (btw hope you've been well Fox!)

Mickey’s PhilharMagic: Re-Imagined

-GR-ers_S2CpLtAqRwy2Y6XbcONuiekfp35XEmbk7WLSesDMeJRGNrJTlAmdRDXGR5tdwvh_VLMzVkMaF4aCVRen3C22rMIPJV2IZL1jNoAVmfNuPzRakZM4pWnVQdgu2hXiMj7O

Introduction:

Opening on October 8th, 2003 and replacing the “Legend of the Lion King”, “Mickey’s Philharmagic” has delighted fans for years. Young and old alike have loved watching Donald Duck chase after the elusive sorcerer’s hat, only to have Mickey save the day yet again. This new take on an old classic will borrow the randomized sequence of Star Tours and allow guests to go down several paths of the show, while keeping the beginning and end segments the same. The show will continue to be shown in 4-D and will still bring joy to guests as they feel, smell, see, and almost touch the life-like scenes. (No matter which path guests find themselves down, scenes have been carefully selected and effects have been timed so that, for example, a water effect will activate at the same mark, no matter which water scene you find yourself in).

By randomizing scenes, not only does a favorite attraction get a healthy update, but more beloved characters can be seen in the Magic Kingdom. And with Disney churning out more hits every year, scenes can continue to be updated for years to come.

Duration: 12 minutes

Show begins as normal:
  • Concert preparations begin
  • Donald is told by Mickey “Don’t touch my hat!”
  • Donald grabs hat and tried to conduct orchestra, mocks small flute, whirlwind ensues, and Donald loses the hat as he is whisked away.
Scene 1:
“Be Our Guest” scene
I6LJGDTdYR2Vc_otZyUI02wrQNsQxz7iWe4Mmh43AjFZzO84TjcUqWVfJE3tQugrNLau0bqcJl6hiy4Uxh_Q6ZSwNynunVVsliSD2RqUM9imL1ANIcb5gl9JaVe-vSFdwecieshG

Same 4-D experience as before: food smells, pop of cork, and rush of wind.

Scene 2:
Sorcerer’s Apprentice
ozP6JRFV9X9CoYFp3_a68KnsPyBYgNKYEIQvUWepRGAqXD6S1otwRD5SCVwGDcXT43Hbs6C-fCD5SVEyM6EsasGhaHwmZlKZ4npdc9qP44hNVKHTe9GIdFvSt488foH9gMK_MdB-

Same scene as before. Scene ends with water effect (transitions to next scene).

*****This begins the randomized sequencing. Guests may travel to any one scene in part 3, part 4, part 5, and part 6. Transitions will be created so any scene can follow a previous scene. All scenes in part 6 end with Donald returning to the whirlwind that brought him and Mickey's hat on this journey to begin.

Part 3:

Part 3; Scene A
Film Clip: "Little Mermaid"
Song: “Part of Your World”
Ucl8ThLIktbZP34dM3uf8bFliZKRjB745eoUtERDwQei4J8gjWt2z-WMBbFPSs67VK4c8XxqEBV7Su8i7oTcWoQqcvcFKNrEtRXHGOmdFSARlvnT3iGafe8mtsBMZbv5yYtWS7c1

Plot: Same as before

Part 3; Scene B
Film Clip: "Lilo and Stitch"
Song: “Hawaiian Roller coaster”
I1rrCFQtwQlT5YUv9Z8ioa1kWf8LlUt5DLJuDXErZxuyNnkZu1UCk_gBpdAO7ZN32h9otbyxteGmPGjdTbOuNIeJaUTJCvgH3iCfYCglh9pqChTjvXbzyDyX0s77Xb4-3aOow-BL

Plot: Donald chases after hat that ends up on back of Lilo’s surfboard. Ends up wiping out at end.

Part 3; Scene C
Film Clip: "Pocahontas"
Song: “Just around the River bend”
20JUsAjFX9FPwOdlIt2_MnLSRMvDd06rknG5QP2b8jzCQCl1u76y2Ll4UbtJvy6pOYzA9gwqchZy5cBLLJjzGKFxEacyisMB39McXpE1bmz_xpnFAf8DwB_wwmqn64jCH-09n-oq

Plot: Donald ends up in separate canoe and chases after hat that Meeko is chewing on in canoe with Pocahontas. Canoes go down rapid river.

Part 4:

Part 4, Scene 1
Film Clip: "The Lion King"
Song: “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
tgjzzVFvtfyWosaeTmWsrlDa1nDg-GqjJe3uUMQSULigpGI6DZ4u-NFpyrGc8N_CPQMqgtVy3zJ15Kao_MHYdeO3O-ir-pW-zNnWaVnp7_RPclj79Kl_L7mKbMS3H5DXLXerm9VL

Plot- Same as before, Effect- theater screen stretches

Part 4, Scene 2
Film Clip: "Zootopia"
Song: "Try Everything"
VsWqrpAPVb8vTJTkMVAfOQyyEV-ROSvlZUYZQubpMXMBAQhgvVFKIWJxwUHtUz6Sh8J2PT-bMB2DGdPN1AOFLkg4tu9ZuF4FWC-6I7EBKBdVujS_t-Gq7X4j0ngYIwnAFAJwa40G

Plot: The hat lands on top of the sack the culprit carries as he runs away from Officer Judy Hopps who is in hot pursuit. Judy and Donald chase after criminal for different reasons. Effect- Theater screen stretches

Part 4, Scene 3:
Film Clip: "Wreck-it Ralph"
Song: "Sugar Rush"
zYr04gyCuKSjAEcwlFSr1e43fP54lpvnhFwie5EDVxPIX82hWdXw7vcT09gN6i7n1r5acPtJA73CWzpJdiob8PW-VATulUk25cG7DhvrA9TO5MdLFjTePZJ6L0026uhkX5-6YkPb

Plot: Donald ends up in Sugar Rush driving his own go-kart. King Candy has the hat ready for the winner of the race. Effect- Theater screen stretches.

Part 5:

Part 5, Scene 1
Film Clip: "Peter Pan"
Song: "You Can Fly"
zbMWHcOU8z7Rn6r-D_2gRxhWtISZbJS9GYM_20j9vEPopA7RP8J-QswDJOLMJxv4CbipTFXob37idHV5VjUu6BIpdEWb8LkQYaog_ONyhCVBCQIwMMOZGhxHV2yIMnRWNjhs_7Y4

Plot: Same as before

Part 5, Scene 2
Film Clip: "Tangled"
Song: "I See the Light"
gLwkc-dyMjrrSHIK9Z6PhN3ROYwVIjKsjz-64-Gr31jFudRHlo36AYuG9EcSu93QNNG3DkAgutEW74KejRcrzql4jv9Dz4CfXkMFEB2WfIowDymCmcrZ2aGIR6HDBrS1dVNV7iw1

Plot: Hat gets stuck to lantern, Donald tries to swim after it while getting hit by lanterns.

Part 5, Scene 3:
Film Clip: Princess and the Frog
Song: "Going Down the Bayou
hZv6gq_Pj14vY2cPuCKdbxce8SCNTZThYHlV2lZmdupe68AkrlQ4xkPhPwxLo4ZPh2ejhBn9KZxb7EuoO1ncWWolRFF5xSOfGz3WgrAu2bhQ-JUd7TOf2Wh2tFj3ntR0mtBWM2MA

Plot: Ray the firefly carries hat as he flies down the Bayou. Tiana and Naveen, as frogs, jump after it and get in Donald’s way

Part 6:

Part 6, Scene 1
Film Clip: "Aladdin"
Song: "A Whole New World"
wubVIQ5_6R3AUGwaTbWChCw2wH7aIwZW-NnpAhXon7HvGRUo4hQYmrTwH0PbYCjAZAiUzihTnXBPSyobw-BTTmdkQhWO9tonpTaRq7kPSyQ8LBhu38rdOwVLJ_dX7TrJ_vFCE6o2

Plot: Same as before. Ends in whirl wind. Screen shrinks to regular size.

Part 6, Scene 2:
Film Clip: "Frozen"
Song: "Let it Go"
RhQA8-E-yacvFSSk3rQjckdb5YeQWhRCkz0WPjRkPaHOWfJQ1MYLsoUETPG2IVtm2M-ZT7hV0DsN3HdwHdzBs4gGYbIdWKJnK1uhfqM4rqJtqEPGg_Q_1s5UQJ38Z1dKgc4GzGdH

Plot: Elsa sings about her new freedom, oblivious to Donald and the hat. Every snow blast Elsa makes accidently hits Donald or sends the hat further up the mountain. Reaching for hat towards top of mountain, Donald and hat fall and as he falls towards the ground, the air begins to swirl and he ends up in the same funnel that brought him to his first destination. Screen shrinks to regular size.

Part 6, Scene 3
Film Clip: "Mulan"
Song: "I'll Make a Man out of You"
rkWgseTogzk_u7yg07jQzgIZt-4mG1n3meBjURed4Cb2MdpLlTZdvpOHHnMtQrASZDS2LzZBjeHwv0uLs-hKkQdB6dCK9wdDtrQjAn_QA1XGneInoOiKcUv3YiPJ-n8UTwVFl8XS

Plot: Hat ends up at top of pole. Mulan and Donald both race up the pole to get it. Donald wins, loses balance, and as he falls towards the ground, the air begins to swirl and he ends up in the same funnel that brought him to his first destination. Screen shrinks to normal size.

Show Ending:

As before, the theater returns to normal, Mickey saves the day, and Donald gets stuck in tuba, and is sent flying across the theater to be seen in physical form trying to get unstuck from the wall.

Show concludes.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hey friends! Thanks for the shout-out, Space! How is everyone? What are we discussing? =)
Hey - no problem! We are designing an "ultimate" Magic Kingdom -- and working together land by land.

The first one we have been tackling is Fantasyland and right now an Alice in Wonderland dark ride -- if you want to see the progress so far here's the recap thread!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/club-32-recaps-and-final-projects.925202/

If you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to join in! It's a come and go as you please and when you have time type project - no hard deadlines:bookworm:

Fox&Hound

Hey - no problem! We are designing an "ultimate" Magic Kingdom -- and working together land by land.

The first one we have been tackling is Fantasyland and right now an Alice in Wonderland dark ride -- if you want to see the progress so far here's the recap thread!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/club-32-recaps-and-final-projects.925202/

If you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to join in! It's a come and go as you please and when you have time type project - no hard deadlines:bookworm:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how exciting! Love this!
d999b8779feb7a525c27af6ecc8d1ba7.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom