50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

DznyRktekt

I'm not saying that the train and its destination can't be improved. Just that IMO dinosaurs do not belong there and should not be the solution.
There are worse things than themes being separated by 1/4 of a park, but it would be better than introducing the Energy dinosaurs in MK. The train in Animal Kingdom is beautiful equipment and that existing infrastructure could/should be used in a way to rival Hogwarts Express. It could be a time traveling train that exposes guests to animals real and mythical throughout time. Think steampunk/ Jules Vern/ H.G. Wells.

peter11435

There are worse things than themes being separated by 1/4 of a park, but it would be better than introducing the Energy dinosaurs in MK. The train in Animal Kingdom is beautiful equipment and that existing infrastructure could/should be used in a way to rival Hogwarts Express. It could be a time traveling train that exposes guests to animals real and mythical throughout time. Think steampunk/ Jules Vern/ H.G. Wells.
I'd rather not

matt9112

Can you please expound on the timeshare changes? More perks,( like free dining!), for us lowly DVC owners? Hopefully, not a "moderate" DVC resort.....

Pretty much confirmed at this point no? CBR is going deluxe or moderate DVC. One or the other? Why do you care if you already own points?

matt9112

Out of interest, what would you say is the biggest problem with it?

If I had to criticise, I'd complain about the queue line (signs of cheap "over painting"), and perhaps the ride quality which has deteriorated over the past few years.

But that aside, it seems to me it's one of the most cohesive attractions. Just wondering what I'm missing!

Track is so rough brakes have been added to the ride.....

matt9112

I could see that happening...except for the without a price hike part:greedy::greedy::greedy:. There are already unofficial levels within levels why not formalize that and convert a few of the deluxe resorts into true luxury resorts.

Yeah i agree why would disney increase the value of deluxe? It's one of the worst overall values in Orlando period and people lap it up.

jmuboy

Any of it.

There's already a land specifically for dinosaurs that's where they should stay. I'm all for improving the train but not by turning it into something that belongs in fantasyland.

I'm so not happy about Guardians in Epcot. That said - if it happens the Dino's should become a walk through exhibit in DAKs Dinoland area. Set it up with AA on one side and a long corridor to walk through. Plaques, signs, voice overs can add to the museum feel.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
This all sounds great but I'm thinking bigger picture....I want to know what's going to happen for WDW's centennial celebration. Of I play my cards right I'll be around haha ;)

Pleakley

Yay this is good news! I'm gonna try to stay optimistic about it, at least it means action.

I just hope a few of those slots are not filled with "rare" character ops...

Fox&Hound

Love this news! I hope new facades for IASW and Peter Pan are part of this plussing. I think it would go a long way to add cohesion to Fantasyland =)

More of this:
Imagineering-Disney_New-Fantasyland_Peter-Pan-2.jpg

Less of this:
Peter-Pan.jpg

GeneralKnowledge

Others here know much more than myself, my decision not to ride it is a personal one. It's common knowledge at this point that the support system is old, stressed, and should be replaced. It was a heated topic and has been since before the 2009 refurbishment.

Keep in mind, that this ride has been in operation almost daily since that refurbishment too, with just a few very short (just a few days at a time) closures. By the 50th Anniversary, it will have been over a decade of further stress to the support structure.

There has been quite a bit of discussion this too, take a read on this thread for more information (take note of Martin's post): http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/space-mountain-discussion.910058/

I read that thread. I don't dispute that the support system is old and could stand to be replaced, but I doubt it's in the realm of being truly unsafe. Operating an attraction that is knowingly unsafe is a major legal and ethical liability. If the engineers that evaluate the integrity of the structure calculated that it is close to failure, and it continues to operate, it would be a huge issue.

Martin's post in that thread just points out that the marks on the structure are the planned cut marks for replacing different sections as recommended by the evaluating engineers. That doesn't mean that those elements are in imminent danger of failure. It just means that on the time scale for which they were considering during their evaluation, they recommended those parts be replaced.

The bottom line is you're still in more danger of being run over and killed by someone in an ECV while standing outside of SM after you opt out and wait for everyone else in your party to ride.

GeneralKnowledge

There is some proof besides what CJR posted.

During the short refurbishments of Space Mountain since than, the attraction got trim brakes. That attraction didn't get trim brakes before the short refurbishments in 2013 and that is a sign of an attraction with some type of condition problem with the tracks as a result.

Here is proof of Trim brakes back in 2013:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ce-mountain-during-upcoming-refurbishment.htm

Interesting information. Trim brakes were probably added to minimize the stresses on the frame and prolong it's life. That's just a cost cutting measure to delay the refurbishment, it doesn't mean that there is danger of the structure failing. I still maintain that if there was imminent danger of catastrophic failure on the ride, they would not be operating it.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
If this thread devolved into another thirty page argument about trim brakes and Space mountain and BTMRR and accidents and that - again, I'm going to lose it on someone.

We all know Space Mountain needs a track re-do. Arguing about trim brakes isn't going to fix it. Can we PLEASE LET IT GO AND STAY ON TOPIC???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom