Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If you want to sketch out some of the queue, feel free! I'm a terrible artist, so I try and get as much across with words as possible; that being said, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm sure your drawings could help better show what's described

I probably should have linked to the photos too, but I just want to make sure to give cred for handmade images, so nobody here gets the idea that I know how to draw lol ;)
You described them really well! A picture would only be to add the icing on top! While a lot of projects use images found online, I've always felt that when we have custom images (no matter how bad or good they are) it gives an extra umph of realism that makes it feel like actual imagineering and that this is an actual concept!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Queue to Bald Mountain Hydro Coaster – Heroes Hall​

It has been years since the great split fractured Fantasyland. The Villains, led by Chernabog, have annexed the forest, the surrounding buildings, and Bald Mountain beyond. There was a time when villains and heroes were able to share the same area, albeit with some tension. Since the divide, buildings which formally belonged to the “heroes” have either been repurposed for more nefarious deeds, or have been allowed to fall into disrepair. One such building is the formally grandiose Heroes Hall (there would be significantly more foliage, for the “forest”, surrounding the building).

View attachment 194698

(Valhalla Image Cred: http://pre14.deviantart.net/ace8/th/pre/i/2016/097/9/a/gate_to_valhalla_by_leifheanzo-d9y1ei5.jpg)

Located at the foot of Bald Mountain, it is rumored that the Heroes who used to live here managed to suppress a great evil which dwells within the mount. However, the time of the heroes has passed, and their once magnificent gathering place, while still impressive from afar, shows signs of decay as guests approach for a better look. An old, worn invitation welcomes visitors with the following inscription:

“Eat, drink, and be Merry

Come visit our Heroes’ Hall

Enjoy the splendor, see how grand”​

And scrawled beneath, guests see an ominous addition:

“Beware if you tarry

Even the mightiest fall

A different being now runs the land”​

Guests who are brave enough to press on cross a bridge, with a river of speeding below. Those with an observant eye will notice that the water feeds from the mountain. Once the bridge has been crossed, our adventures have officially passed the threshold: they are now within the courtyard of Heroes’ Hall. The stone courtyard struggles to hid its age and lack of upkeep. Grass and weeds grow through solid rock, as stone crumbles and gives way beneath the slow, unstoppable march of the time. The dark forest aims to reclaim its land, and it’s impossible not to think that, within a few years, it will do so. Adding to the eerie setting, afternoon visitors feel the shadow of Bald Mountain cast over the courtyard as the sun wanes.

Whilst walking along the designated pathway through the courtyard, guests can see that Heroes Hall was abandoned in a hurry, and were unable to gather all their training materials. Targets for archery practice remain, some with arrows still piercing the hay. Looking in the distance, guests may notice that the arrow in the center of the target is fashioned from a twig.

A number of swords and shields litter the ground; one sword, slightly different from the others, resembles that of Mulan.

Near the center of the courtyard, a 12 knight statues appear to be standing guard around a mountain.

The top of this mountain almost resembles a head, with horns forming its twin peaks. The mountain side could even be described as a pair of tightly curled wings.

Of course, all guests know these thoughts to be ridiculous. Mountains don’t have heads, let alone horns, and they certainly don’t have wings. The visitors proceed towards the large double doors near the end of the courtyard. An enchanted knight’s statue stands watch over the entrance of the castle, ushering guests inside the building. Once enough guests have entered the building, the knight stops any more from entering as the double doors close behind the guests within.

The cavernous hall can only be described as absolutely impressive. Vaulted ceilings ensure even the largest of heroes could fit within the building. Portraits of great heroes and heroines adorn the walls, although they have lost their luster to the cobwebs and dust which have overtaken them. A balcony along the second floor overlooks the guests within the main hall, and everyone’s eyes are drawn to the stained glass artwork at the end of the hall. The glass once again depicts knights standing guard around a mountain. However, the sun appears to set, as the light filtering through the stained glass wanes, and the room is left in darkness.

After a few seconds, a torch lights from the second floor balcony and an animatronic calls out to the crowd “Hey! What are you all doing here standing in the dark? Somebody get those torches lit!” A few torches are lit around the crowed, as well as one on the balcony. The animatronic follows up “You guys decided to visit Heroes’ Hall at night? You’re either crazy or fearless. Or both. My name is Elio. Elio Cyrus. I guess you’re all here to see what’s left of the Heroes’ Hall. Truth be told, there’s not much left to see. It’s been left to go to ruin, as even the villains who live in this part of the land are afraid to move in. I’m the only left, as I swore an oath to stay here and guard the mountain. Well, I also have some enchanted statues to help and keep me company, but they’re no fun to talk to. Actually, I’ve got an idea! While you’re here, let me give you a tour of the hall, like in the old days! We’ll start from the bottom and head up. Just follow that door into the basement, and I’ll meet up with you in a second!”

A large wooden door slowly swings open, and guests head down a gradient, into the basement. They walls are lit by torches, casting their glow along the corridor. On the other side of the walls, guests can hear running water. Barrels occasionally line the path, marked as containing grain, wine, ale, fish, and other necessities for a Heroes’ Hall. Water drips on the occasional barrel

Eventually, the corridor ends and guests enter another showroom. Elio Cyrus pops up again, this time from a room on the other side of a wall. “Welcome to the cellar!” he exclaims. “As you might guess, it takes a lot to feed an entire hall of heroes. What you might not know is” Elio is stopped mid-sentence as a deep rumbling shakes the room, the torches, and the guest’s nerves. “Oh no… tonight must be a night with no moon. That’s bad news. We need to get you out of here, NOW. You might have heard the running water surrounding the basement. There are two rivers surrounding the building. One leading back into town, and another which goes deep within the mountain. Continue down and take a right. There you’ll be able to board a boat on the river which takes you back into town. You’ll be safe there. I’m going back upstairs to guard the hall. Safe travels, friends.” This is the last guests will hear from Elio.

Guests walk down and attempt to take a right, but their path is blocked by collapsed rock. Instead, they venture left, leaving the cellar and entering a cavern, surrounded by dark rock, stalactites, stalagmites, and running water. Soon thereafter, they happen upon a dock. Chernabog's ghoulish minions are helping load the guests aboard soul barges, assuring them they will soon reach their destination.

(River Styx image cred: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ee/98/ce/ee98ce2ab86aeb686928be9d2aac2eed.jpg)
Fantastic gonzo!!:happy:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Haunted Mansion (Part 1)
2922F7C700000578-0-image-m-60_1432807091034.jpg

Backstory
In 1475, George Bluebeard began construction on a sprawling mansion for his 7th wife, Lucretia. Featuring a plethora of eclectic rooms and a unique design, Bluebeard spent the next several years trying to build the perfect mansion for his perfect wife. Unfortunately for Bluebeard however, his situation took a turn for the worst.
haunted-mansion-interior.jpg

Picture of Lucretia

George had seven winsome wives, some of them were fat, some thin, but the seventh one did him in. George Bluebeard died in the mansion he built, and rumor has it at the hand of the woman he married he built it for. Lucretia took control of the mansion, but ever since she claimed her inheritance, she began experiencing ghostly appearances throughout the house and grounds.

The organ in the ballroom began to play on its own, doors would swing open, voices would cry out to her, and the clock never told the right time. She decided to bring in a seance in order to discover any ghosts in the mansion, and to possibly rid her of her daftly spirits. However, that just made matters worse.

The seance, named Leota, called on the spirits, wherever they're at, and George Bluebeard's mansion soon became a portal to 999 happy haunts from all around the world, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight. The spirit of George Bluebeard rose from the dead to haunt Lucretia, and drive her out of the mansion he built. Some say they can still hear her screams from the room in which she saw him. For the next few years, the mansion was known for its spiritual dwellings. Those who sought to dare venture inside were met with the ghouls within, touring the mansion at their own behalf and risk.

Queue
Llanrwst-Gwydir-Castle-Garden-Archway.jpg

Approaching the queue for the Haunted Mansion brings guests around a bend and away from the Mansion itself. You enter into a myriad of plants and shrubbery, much of which has been decayed over the years. As you arrive at the front gates, you can hear the howling of a dog in the distance, foreboding a haunted journey ahead.

The overgrown plants encompass the dimly lit walkway that meanders around a bend and sends you into a maze of triangularly shaped trees, along with an eclectic variety of poisonous plants. If you look closely at one of the triangular trees, you'll see that it is a passageway to the "ground" and realize that the trees are actually tombstones designed as plants. With one of them open, as guests walk past, during some points a puppet figure will pop out of the ground and frighten guests with his ghostly smile.

6bd465d787ee1ffdaec7bf83bd5a3822.jpg

Continuing on into the gardens, guests can now see that the entire garden is an overgrown and overcapacity graveyard, with tombstones on top of one another, all with unique sayings on them.

Here lies sweet little Sally, she wanted to fly, but fell into an alley.

The remains of our loving brother Dave, he had a pet lion that didn't behave.

And several other descriptions of the deceased members of the haunted graveyard. Surrounding the tombstones are also descriptions of the plants themselves.

Deadly Ivy, do not touch if you want to remain lively.

The dog howls once more in the distance as you can see the side entrance of the Mansion approaching even closer. Mist begins to permeate through the area, clouding your vision in the process. (In summer days, this mist could be a nice cool down after being outdoors in the queue for a long time) And it's cool blast symbolizes the presence of ghosts on the grounds.

Towards the end of the outdoor section of the queue is the tombstone of Lucreita -- with the Bluebeard family crest on the top of it, and a passage that reads. While the 7th wife did him in, she eventually met her timely Fin
hedge.jpg

The second half of the queue begins with a sign that says - to the Bluebeard Mansion. However the sign itself points you into a large hedge maze that you have to navigate around. 8 foot tall blackish/green bushes surround you and envelop you, taking away your sense of boundaries to the area. You hope you're walking in the right direction. To add to this psychological paranoia, the queue actually takes you to a dead end at one point (which is the holding pattern similar to the doors opening in the WDW version of the Haunted Mansion.

Rather than doors opening - the "ghosts" open the hedge maze using a mirror projection seen in Enchanted Tales with Belle in Fantasyland -- and guests walk up to the front porch of the Mansion and into the open doors ahead, venturing into the medieval mansion.

A cast member gives you a grim greeting and points you into the library with no doors and a window above. Books stacked up around 15 feet in the air, marble fireplace burning, paintings all along the high walls, with eyes that watch you as you circle around the library for the pre-show
34d5923f892f74bcb694c0c4474d6218.jpg

A deep and powerful voice comes over the loudspeaker:

"Welcome foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion - I am your host, your ghost host *evil laugh* Our tour begins here in this library, which is filled with the greatest ghost stories the literary world has ever known. But one story has yet to be revealed, and that story is yours *evil laugh* You might be contemplating why you're here."

As the ghost host says that, books begin to come out of the shelves, as if ghosts are picking them out. Lightning flashes and the paintings on the walls change to evil grins and faces as the thunder roars. The window above you begins to shake as rain begins to pour onto it from above.

"Oh, are you feeling a sense of discomfort? A chilling choice of fate? You're wondering how to escape from this deprecated mansion, I can tell you one way out hahaha...but we wouldn't want to noose this tour prematurely. Your tour's just getting started. Your sense of reality will be challenged, and your beliefs might just change...shall we begin? "

Thunder and lightning flash and a cool breeze is pumped into the library. Everyone can feel a chill running down their spine, as the lights completely go dark...and a rush gives you the sense that something is behind you.

Then suddenly, the lights come on to reveal a haunting cast member in front of you as one of the library shelves has moved to its side and you enter into a long hallway to approach your ride vehicle.

The Ghost host narration comes back on.

"This is just a taste of the entrees of haunts we have planned for you. Kindly watch your step and let's all stay together. We wouldn't want anyone to be left behind muahaha."

As you approach the boarding area of your doom buggies...the voice comes on again.

"Now, a carriage approaches, to take you into the boundless realm of the supernatural."

Blueprint of the Attraction
186115987220976377%253Faccount_id%253D9

Part 2 coming up tonight!​

btw part 2 of this will be up tomorrow. Our St. Pattys Day dinner ran later than expected and I don't want to rush the ride just to get it up tonight:bookworm: Night everyone!

StevenU

Queue to Bald Mountain Hydro Coaster – Heroes Hall​

It has been years since the great split fractured Fantasyland. The Villains, led by Chernabog, have annexed the forest, the surrounding buildings, and Bald Mountain beyond. There was a time when villains and heroes were able to share the same area, albeit with some tension, but that is no longer the case. Since the divide, buildings which formally belonged to the “heroes” have either been repurposed for more nefarious deeds, or have been allowed to fall into disrepair. One such building is the formally grandiose Heroes Hall (there would be significantly more foliage, for the “forest”, surrounding the building than is shown below).

View attachment 194698

(Valhalla Image Cred: http://pre14.deviantart.net/ace8/th/pre/i/2016/097/9/a/gate_to_valhalla_by_leifheanzo-d9y1ei5.jpg)

Located at the foot of Bald Mountain, it is rumored that the Heroes who used to live here managed to suppress a great evil which dwells within the mount. However, the time of the heroes has passed, and their once magnificent gathering place, while still impressive from afar, shows signs of decay as guests approach for a better look. An old, worn invitation welcomes visitors with the following inscription:

“Eat, drink, and be Merry
Come visit our Heroes’ Hall
Enjoy the splendor, see how grand”​

And scrawled beneath, guests see an ominous addition:

“Beware if you tarry
Even the mightiest fall
A different being now runs the land”​

Guests who are brave enough to press on cross a bridge, while a river speeds below. Those with an observant eye will notice that the water feeds from the mountain. Once the bridge has been crossed, our adventures have officially passed the threshold: they are now within the courtyard of Heroes’ Hall. The stone courtyard struggles to hide its age and lack of upkeep. Grass and weeds grow through solid rock, as stone crumbles and gives way beneath the slow, unstoppable march of time. The dark forest aims to reclaim its land, and it’s impossible not to think that, within a few years, it will do so. Adding to the eerie setting, afternoon visitors feel the shadow of Bald Mountain cast over the courtyard as the sun wanes.

Whilst walking along the designated pathway through the courtyard, guests can see that Heroes Hall was abandoned in a hurry, and the departed were unable to gather all their training supplies. Targets for archery practice remain, some with arrows still piercing the hay. Looking in the distance, guests may notice that the arrow in the center of one target is fashioned from a twig.

A number of swords and shields litter the ground; one sword, slightly different from the others, resembles that of Mulan.

Near the center of the courtyard, 12 knight statues appear to be standing guard around a mountain.

The top of this mountain almost resembles a head, with horns forming its twin peaks. The mountain side could even be described as a pair of tightly curled wings.

Of course, all guests know these thoughts to be ridiculous. Mountains don’t have heads, let alone horns, and they certainly don’t have wings. The visitors proceed towards the large double doors near the end of the courtyard. An enchanted knight’s statue stands watch over the entrance of the castle, ushering guests inside the building. Once enough guests have entered the building, the knight stops any more from entering as the double doors close behind the guests within.

The cavernous hall can only be described as absolutely impressive. Vaulted ceilings ensure even the largest of heroes could fit within the building. Portraits of great heroes and heroines adorn the walls, although they have lost their luster to the cobwebs and dust which have overtaken them. A balcony along the second floor overlooks the guests within the main hall, and everyone’s eyes are drawn to the stained glass artwork at the end of the hall. The glass once again depicts knights standing guard around a mountain. However, the sun appears to set, as the light filtering through the stained glass wanes, and the room is left in darkness.

After a few seconds, a torch lights from the second floor balcony comes ablaze and an animatronic calls out to the crowd “Hey! What are you all doing here standing in the dark? Somebody get those torches lit!” A few torches are lit around the crowd. The animatronic follows up “You guys decided to visit Heroes’ Hall at night? You’re either crazy or fearless. Or both. My name is Elio. Elio Cyrus. I guess you’re all here to see what’s left of the Heroes’ Hall. Truth be told, there’s not much remaining to see. It’s been left to go to ruin, as even the villains who live in this part of the land are afraid to move in. I’m the only left, as I swore an oath to stay here and guard the mountain. Well, I also have some enchanted statues to help and keep me company, but they’re no fun to talk to. Actually, I’ve got an idea! While you’re here, let me give you a tour of the hall, like in the old days! We’ll start from the bottom and head up. Just follow that door into the basement, and I’ll meet up with you in a second!”

A large wooden door slowly swings open, and guests head down a gradient, into the basement. They walls are lit by torches, casting their glow along the corridor. On the other side of the walls, guests can hear running water. Barrels occasionally line the path, marked as containing grain, wine, ale, fish, and other necessities for a true Heroes’ Hall (one hidden container is marked Cpt JS Rum). Water drips through the ceiling and the the walls, falling on the occasional barrel.

Eventually, the corridor ends and guests enter another showroom. Elio Cyrus pops up again, this time from a room on the other side of a wall. “Welcome to the cellar!” he exclaims. “As you might guess, it takes a lot to feed an entire hall of heroes. What you might not know is” Elio is stopped mid-sentence as a deep rumbling shakes the room, the torches, and the guest’s nerves. “Oh no… tonight must be a night with no moon. That’s bad news. We need to get you out of here, NOW. You might have heard the running water surrounding the basement. There are two rivers surrounding the building. One leading back into town, and another which goes deep into the mountain. Continue down and take a right. There you’ll be able to board a boat on the river which takes you back into town. You’ll be safe there. I’m going back upstairs to guard the hall. Safe travels, friends.” This is the last guests will hear from Elio.

Guests walk down and attempt to take a right, but their path is blocked by collapsed rock. Instead, a dark shadowy feature beckons the adventurers, so they venture left, leaving the cellar and entering a cavern, surrounded by dark rock, stalactites, stalagmites, and running water. Soon thereafter, they happen upon a dock. Chernabog's ghoulish minions help load the guests aboard soul barges, assuring them they will soon reach their destination.

(River Styx image cred: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ee/98/ce/ee98ce2ab86aeb686928be9d2aac2eed.jpg)
This is awesome!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Haunted Mansion (Part 1)
2922F7C700000578-0-image-m-60_1432807091034.jpg

Backstory
In 1475, George Bluebeard began construction on a sprawling mansion for his 7th wife, Lucretia. Featuring a plethora of eclectic rooms and a unique design, Bluebeard spent the next several years trying to build the perfect mansion for his perfect wife. Unfortunately for Bluebeard however, his situation took a turn for the worst.
haunted-mansion-interior.jpg

Picture of Lucretia

George had seven winsome wives, some of them were fat, some thin, but the seventh one did him in. George Bluebeard died in the mansion he built, and rumor has it at the hand of the woman he married he built it for. Lucretia took control of the mansion, but ever since she claimed her inheritance, she began experiencing ghostly appearances throughout the house and grounds.

The organ in the ballroom began to play on its own, doors would swing open, voices would cry out to her, and the clock never told the right time. She decided to bring in a seance in order to discover any ghosts in the mansion, and to possibly rid her of her daftly spirits. However, that just made matters worse.

The seance, named Leota, called on the spirits, wherever they're at, and George Bluebeard's mansion soon became a portal to 999 happy haunts from all around the world, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight. The spirit of George Bluebeard rose from the dead to haunt Lucretia, and drive her out of the mansion he built. Some say they can still hear her screams from the room in which she saw him. For the next few years, the mansion was known for its spiritual dwellings. Those who sought to dare venture inside were met with the ghouls within, touring the mansion at their own behalf and risk.

Queue
Llanrwst-Gwydir-Castle-Garden-Archway.jpg

Approaching the queue for the Haunted Mansion brings guests around a bend and away from the Mansion itself. You enter into a myriad of plants and shrubbery, much of which has been decayed over the years. As you arrive at the front gates, you can hear the howling of a dog in the distance, foreboding a haunted journey ahead.

The overgrown plants encompass the dimly lit walkway that meanders around a bend and sends you into a maze of triangularly shaped trees, along with an eclectic variety of poisonous plants. If you look closely at one of the triangular trees, you'll see that it is a passageway to the "ground" and realize that the trees are actually tombstones designed as plants. With one of them open, as guests walk past, during some points a puppet figure will pop out of the ground and frighten guests with his ghostly smile.

6bd465d787ee1ffdaec7bf83bd5a3822.jpg

Continuing on into the gardens, guests can now see that the entire garden is an overgrown and overcapacity graveyard, with tombstones on top of one another, all with unique sayings on them.

Here lies sweet little Sally, she wanted to fly, but fell into an alley.

The remains of our loving brother Dave, he had a pet lion that didn't behave.

And several other descriptions of the deceased members of the haunted graveyard. Surrounding the tombstones are also descriptions of the plants themselves.

Deadly Ivy, do not touch if you want to remain lively.

The dog howls once more in the distance as you can see the side entrance of the Mansion approaching even closer. Mist begins to permeate through the area, clouding your vision in the process. (In summer days, this mist could be a nice cool down after being outdoors in the queue for a long time) And it's cool blast symbolizes the presence of ghosts on the grounds.

Towards the end of the outdoor section of the queue is the tombstone of Lucreita -- with the Bluebeard family crest on the top of it, and a passage that reads. While the 7th wife did him in, she eventually met her timely Fin
hedge.jpg

The second half of the queue begins with a sign that says - to the Bluebeard Mansion. However the sign itself points you into a large hedge maze that you have to navigate around. 8 foot tall blackish/green bushes surround you and envelop you, taking away your sense of boundaries to the area. You hope you're walking in the right direction. To add to this psychological paranoia, the queue actually takes you to a dead end at one point (which is the holding pattern similar to the doors opening in the WDW version of the Haunted Mansion.

Rather than doors opening - the "ghosts" open the hedge maze using a mirror projection seen in Enchanted Tales with Belle in Fantasyland -- and guests walk up to the front porch of the Mansion and into the open doors ahead, venturing into the medieval mansion.

A cast member gives you a grim greeting and points you into the library with no doors and a window above. Books stacked up around 15 feet in the air, marble fireplace burning, paintings all along the high walls, with eyes that watch you as you circle around the library for the pre-show
34d5923f892f74bcb694c0c4474d6218.jpg

A deep and powerful voice comes over the loudspeaker:

"Welcome foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion - I am your host, your ghost host *evil laugh* Our tour begins here in this library, which is filled with the greatest ghost stories the literary world has ever known. But one story has yet to be revealed, and that story is yours *evil laugh* You might be contemplating why you're here."

As the ghost host says that, books begin to come out of the shelves, as if ghosts are picking them out. Lightning flashes and the paintings on the walls change to evil grins and faces as the thunder roars. The window above you begins to shake as rain begins to pour onto it from above.

"Oh, are you feeling a sense of discomfort? A chilling choice of fate? You're wondering how to escape from this deprecated mansion, I can tell you one way out hahaha...but we wouldn't want to noose this tour prematurely. Your tour's just getting started. Your sense of reality will be challenged, and your beliefs might just change...shall we begin? "

Thunder and lightning flash and a cool breeze is pumped into the library. Everyone can feel a chill running down their spine, as the lights completely go dark...and a rush gives you the sense that something is behind you.

Then suddenly, the lights come on to reveal a haunting cast member in front of you as one of the library shelves has moved to its side and you enter into a long hallway to approach your ride vehicle.

The Ghost host narration comes back on.

"This is just a taste of the entrees of haunts we have planned for you. Kindly watch your step and let's all stay together. We wouldn't want anyone to be left behind muahaha."

As you approach the boarding area of your doom buggies...the voice comes on again.

"Now, a carriage approaches, to take you into the boundless realm of the supernatural."

Blueprint of the Attraction
186115987220976377%253Faccount_id%253D9

Part 2 coming up tonight!​

Part 2 - The Attraction
(drawn images will come later)

As your doom buggy pulls away from the loading station, the booming ghost host returns
"Do not pull down on the safety bar please, I will lower it for you. And heed this warning, the spirits will materialize only if you remain quietly seated at all times. Oh...and no flash pictures please, we spirits are frightfully sensitive to bright lights."
mansioncandles.jpg

The errie Haunted Mansion theme is played over an organ (dissimilar from past editions of the attraction) and the dog howl can be heard from the outside. The out of tune and ghostly organ sounds continue as you ride into the extravagant foyer. In the foyer is a wide canvas of several prominent medieval soldiers lined up for battle. As you ride underneath the painting, it comes to life with ghosts on each side firing at one another. The organ music picks up once more and you look around to see the entire foyer covered in cobwebs and knickknacks.

The dog howls once more and lightning/thunder can be heard outside, as the rain pours down. The Ghost host comes back on

"Our foyer is the prominent entrance of this ghostly retreat. Systemically invested with collections from the ages, it is a marvel of historical value here at the welcoming Haunted Mansion"

Wind howls outside as you look out the large window to the right side of the doom buggy, the effect of rain sweeping the side of the window is prominent, with lightning flashes as you ride past, and the trees blowing in the wind.

"Our Mansion is home to 999 happy haunts, but there's room for 1,000 -- any volunteers? hahaha"
william-kowach-sizedimage002.jpg

The doom buggies then begin an ascent up the marble staircase and to the 2nd floor of the mansion. The staircase spirals around and so does your vehicle, giving a different perspective on the foyer and the rooms to come. As you ascend up the stairway, other doors to nowhere appear as secret passageways. The organ music changes to a more errie piano edition of the music being played.

"The Mansion is home to all sorts of surprises and suspense, you'll never know what you'll see...and you might never know where you're going" The ghost host chuckles as you take a secret passageway, gazing down an endless hallway.
maxresdefault.jpg

latest

Down the hallway you see a 3 pronged candle floating in the distance, with doors on both sides of the hallway knocking, opening and closing, as ghosts try to push themselves out of the rooms. A ticking clock stuck on 13 continues to spin as you sail past it in your doom buggies.

"The happy haunts have materialized for a swinging wake, and they'll be expecting me. I'll see you all a little later" exclaims the ghost host -- as the doom buggies sail out onto a balcony over a grand ballroom.
hauntedmansion4.jpg

The ballroom has dozens of ghosts and details lined up in it. Starting from right to left as you sail past it, the first thing you see on the far right side is a massive fireplace with a "ghost fire" going and a ghost tending to the logs, putting more on the fire. Next to him, you see a variety of ghosts dancing with each other on the dance floor to the organ music which plays the original tune at a more quick pace, tending to the more joyful side of the tune. With the dancing ghosts spinning around, you then see two ghosts sitting in large windbreaker chairs having a brandy and a conversation with one another. Continuing, you see two knights having a sword duel with one another, practicing their marksmanship (a bit close to the dancers I might add)

In the middle of the ballroom is a massive dining table with tons of food scattered all around. Plates for appetizers, dinner, and dessert are available at every seat, and once seat is arranged as a hidden mickey of the plate set. As you continue to move left through the ballroom you gaze up at the paintings on the wall and two ghosts swinging from the chandelier above. A few violinists are seen next to a large organ playing the ghostly tune.

The doom buggies then circle around the ballroom (something that hasn't been done before in the HM) where you see the backside of the organ, and ghostly puffs of air coming out of the pipes. This acts as a transition into the next scene which is the upstairs "game room"
uZaKX1UCjOkM-nW2r1pqxhB5ICpKVaLSJFiht1mp8IQa9edKMf7BCHfKobpgd4S9UA=h900

Inside there is a billiards table as well as darts, along with a seating area, and a variety of memorabilia. The pool cue and balls move by themselves across the table and darts throw themselves. This area is new to the Haunted Mansion and would show an area of an old home that we haven't seen before. It is also the introduction of sorts to the main plot running through the mansion that George Bluebeard resides in the mansion after his 7th wife did him in. It can be inferred that the "swinging wake" is for his 7th wife entering into the mansion and George is upstairs playing games with his friends, possibly avoiding the party altogether.
7zew6Zn.jpg

As you enter into the next room, you hear a beating heart and enter George Bluebeard's bedroom. A creepy version of here comes the bride is played as George Bluebeard's bedroom shows him with boxes and merchandise all over his bedroom as he hasn't had the chance to unpack or anything. Surrounding the bedroom are items that can be inferred to belong to Lucretia, his 7th wife.

In the next room you can hear a woman speaking, and as you enter a large seance room, a floating magical ball head, named Leota, is trying to summon spirits from the other side.
189af2eee46fd59969f3e60b29d9cf9f.jpg

Creepies and crawlies, toads from a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

She continues on as you see ghosts appearing from the other side through the floorboard, some popping up right in front of your vehicles. The last ghost (inferred to be Lucretia) turns your doom buggies backwards and sends you through a secret passageway all the way down to the basement.
Morgue-4.jpg

Your doom buggies "fall" down the secret passageway's stairs and tumble into the basement, which is the dirtiest and worst room of all. You soon realize that it is a morgue and is the start of the graveyard that is planted out back. Some of the tombs are open and you ride through the open crack in the door outside into the graveyard, where the ghosts seem more alive...maybe because you have passed?

The creepy music becomes more gleeful and the ghosts begin singing around you.
maxresdefault.jpg

When the crypt doors creak
And the tombstones quake
Spooks come out for a singing wake
Happy haunts materialize
And begin to vocalize
Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize

Now don't close your eyes
And don't try to hide
Or a silly spook may sit by your side
Shrouded in a daft disguise
They pretend to terrorize

As the moon climbs high o'er dead oak tree
Spooks arrive for the midnight spree
Creepy creeps with eerie eyes
Start to shriek and harmonize
Grim grinning ghosts come out socialize

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell
Weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
Restles bones etherealize
Rise as spooks of every size

Grim grinning ghosts come out
To socialize

HM_WDW625_GhostlyTeaParty.jpg

All around the graveyard, a variety of ghosts in all different shapes and styles sing in harmony. Some of them are in dancing around in the background. Dead oak trees are swaying in the distance, tombstones move around, and marble busts themed to prominent imagineers on the attraction. The attraction concludes with hitchhiking ghosts and the classic "ghost will follow you home" segment.
d20b3d4466c61de43a986d8470b6e062.jpg

As you leave, little Leota tells you to "hurry back - be sure to bring your death certificate"

--------------------------------

Going to add a bit more to the ending because I have to leave now -- but let me know what you think!​

Daveeeeed

Part 2 - The Attraction

As your doom buggy pulls away from the loading station, the booming ghost host returns
"Do not pull down on the safety bar please, I will lower it for you. And heed this warning, the spirits will materialize only if you remain quietly seated at all times. Oh...and no flash pictures please, we spirits are frightfully sensitive to bright lights."
mansioncandles.jpg

The errie Haunted Mansion theme is played over an organ (dissimilar from past editions of the attraction) and the dog howl can be heard from the outside. The out of tune and ghostly organ sounds continue as you ride into the extravagant foyer. In the foyer is a wide canvas of several prominent medieval soldiers lined up for battle. As you ride underneath the painting, it comes to life with ghosts on each side firing at one another. The organ music picks up once more and you look around to see the entire foyer covered in cobwebs and knickknacks.

The dog howls once more and lightning/thunder can be heard outside, as the rain pours down. The Ghost host comes back on

"Our foyer is the prominent entrance of this ghostly retreat. Systemically invested with collections from the ages, it is a marvel of historical value here at the welcoming Haunted Mansion"

Wind howls outside as you look out the large window to the right side of the doom buggy, the effect of rain sweeping the side of the window is prominent, with lightning flashes as you ride past, and the trees blowing in the wind.

"Our Mansion is home to 999 happy haunts, but there's room for 1,000 -- any volunteers? hahaha"

The doom buggies then begin an ascent up the marble staircase and to the 2nd floor of the mansion. The staircase spirals around and so does your vehicle, giving a different perspective on the foyer and the rooms to come. As you ascend up the stairway, other doors to nowhere appear as secret passageways. The organ music changes to a more errie piano edition of the music being played.

"The Mansion is home to all sorts of surprises and suspense, you'll never know what you'll see...and you might never know where you're going" The ghost host chuckles as you take a secret passageway, gazing down an endless hallway.
maxresdefault.jpg

latest

Down the hallway you see a 3 pronged candle floating in the distance, with doors on both sides of the hallway knocking, opening and closing, as ghosts try to push themselves out of the rooms. A ticking clock stuck on 13 continues to spin as you sail past it in your doom buggies.

"The happy haunts have materialized for a swinging wake, and they'll be expecting me. I'll see you all a little later" exclaims the ghost host -- as the doom buggies sail out onto a balcony over a grand ballroom.
hauntedmansion4.jpg

The ballroom has dozens of ghosts and details lined up in it. Starting from right to left as you sail past it, the first thing you see on the far right side is a massive fireplace with a "ghost fire" going and a ghost tending to the logs, putting more on the fire. Next to him, you see a variety of ghosts dancing with each other on the dance floor to the organ music which plays the original tune at a more quick pace, tending to the more joyful side of the tune. With the dancing ghosts spinning around, you then see two ghosts sitting in large windbreaker chairs having a brandy and a conversation with one another. Continuing, you see two knights having a sword duel with one another, practicing their marksmanship (a bit close to the dancers I might add)

In the middle of the ballroom is a massive dining table with tons of food scattered all around. Plates for appetizers, dinner, and dessert are available at every seat, and once seat is arranged as a hidden mickey of the plate set. As you continue to move left through the ballroom you gaze up at the paintings on the wall and two ghosts swinging from the chandelier above. A few violinists are seen next to a large organ playing the ghostly tune.

The doom buggies then circle around the ballroom (something that hasn't been done before in the HM) where you see the backside of the organ, and ghostly puffs of air coming out of the pipes. This acts as a transition into the next scene which is the upstairs "game room"

Inside there is a billiards table as well as darts, along with a seating area, and a variety of memorabilia. The pool cue and balls move by themselves across the table and darts throw themselves. This area is new to the Haunted Mansion and would show an area of an old home that we haven't seen before. It is also the introduction of sorts to the main plot running through the mansion that George Bluebeard resides in the mansion after his 7th wife did him in. It can be inferred that the "swinging wake" is for his 7th wife entering into the mansion and George is upstairs playing games with his friends, possibly avoiding the party altogether.
7zew6Zn.jpg

As you enter into the next room, you hear a beating heart and enter George Bluebeard's bedroom. A creepy version of here comes the bride is played as George Bluebeard's bedroom shows him with boxes and merchandise all over his bedroom as he hasn't had the chance to unpack or anything. Surrounding the bedroom are items that can be inferred to belong to Lucretia, his 7th wife.

In the next room you can hear a woman speaking, and as you enter a large seance room, a floating magical ball head, named Leota, is trying to summon spirits from the other side.

Creepies and crawlies, toads from a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

She continues on as you see ghosts appearing from the other side through the floorboard, some popping up right in front of your vehicles. The last ghost (inferred to be Lucretia) turns your doom buggies backwards and sends you through a secret passageway all the way down to the basement.
Morgue-4.jpg

Your doom buggies "fall" down the secret passageway's stairs and tumble into the basement, which is the dirtiest and worst room of all. You soon realize that it is a morgue and is the start of the graveyard that is planted out back. Some of the tombs are open and you ride through the open crack in the door outside into the graveyard, where the ghosts seem more alive...maybe because you have passed?

maxresdefault.jpg

And the tombstones quake
Happy haunts materialize
And begin to vocalize

And don't try to hide

To socialize

All around the graveyard, a variety of ghosts in all different shapes and styles sing in harmony. Some of them are in dancing around in the background. Dead oak trees are swaying in the distance, tombstones move around, and marble busts themed to prominent imagineers on the attraction. The attraction concludes with hitchhiking ghosts and the classic "ghost will follow you home" segment.

As you leave, little Leota tells you to "hurry back - be sure to bring your death certificate"

Going to add a bit more to the ending because I have to leave now -- but let me know what you think!​

Amazing! I love the addition of the bedroom and foyer especially!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So... can we extend this until Monday as I can't really do anything until this weekend.
And just to make sure... am I just doing Villians tonight?
I would love to design the exterior to the hypercoaster or hydro coaster (whatever we end up doing).
You can do whatever you want haha -- if you want to design the exterior to the coaster -- go for it!

And yeah, there really is no "due date" for this -- just tentative goals to keep us on track.

StevenU

Part 2 - The Attraction

mansioncandles.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

hauntedmansion4.jpg

7zew6Zn.jpg

Morgue-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

And the tombstones quake
Happy haunts materialize
And begin to vocalize

And don't try to hide

To socialize

This is so good! Like the small changes but staying faithful to the ride.

Daveeeeed

@MonorailRed -- for this land -- what if we didn't focus on the villains itself, but just on darker elements.

I'm having reservations a bit on how to go about a villains land -- rather maybe have it be a Halloween overlay rather than an all year round event. I can get more into it but basically, we can't include every single villain, and the last thing we'd want is for someone's favorite to be permanently left out of attractions.

What if we did a Haunted Mansion land?

Have it be themed to German or greater European old mansions in the "dark forest" with an elaborate storyline and myth to it -- which would be completely different than the other haunted mansions around the world. Thoughts?
0cd70e9cc4347280c87dac1ed693e2fe.jpg
I don't know how I missed this post, but this is pretty much how I've been thinking of this land in the design.

Daveeeeed

IMG_6488.JPG

Obviously not to scale -- this is just a way for me to jot down ideas quickly. Also pardon areas like the hub looking bad, I mainly just put it there to give a distance relation for the Villains land, and looking at it, it would actually end up closer to the middle of the hub. I wonder what could connect that and Fantasyland though... maybe Adventureland? And then have Peter Pan on the edge of Fantasyland there?
So a few key points here:
  • Main Street becomes multiple streets, from Hollywood to New York City. Instead of just focusing on one style it will focus on a few American 1,800's architecture styles
  • Have Villains Tonight! Be between New York and the Villian's land. It would serve as a good transition. For instance, at Disneyland Paris, Peter Pan is at the edge of Fantasyland, and Skull Rock is right there in Adventure land as with pirates, so it could be themed as it's a normal night club sort of even though its theming technically relates to the land next to it. Trust me it works IRL.
  • Sight lines are a huge part of making this land feel creepy... From one entrance you have a straight shot of the Hydro Coaster's drop (I'm thinking having a Skull up there), and the lower land's entrance views it as angled right when you go through/past some rocks. It will have that reveal moment like Hogwart's at IOA.
  • A hotel that makes the Main Street area much taller by having hotels in them -- bring the cost down significantly as it will be made to gain profits. Not only would this be a perfect way for Disney to make instant cash, but there are a ton of people who would love this. And if we decide to place this park in a major city it would conserve space:p.
  • Arcade walkways like at Disneyland Paris except mainly to help crowd control vs. weather. This will allow Main Street (or whatever it ends up being called) to not have to be super wide like Mickey Avenue over at Shanghai.
What are you guys' thoughts? Questions?

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

View attachment 195580
Obviously not to scale -- this is just an idea.
  • Main Street becomes multiple streets, from Hollywood to New York City. Instead of just focusing on one style it will focus on a few American 1,800's architecture styles
  • Have Villains Tonight! Be between New York and the Villian's land. It would serve as a good transition. For instance, at Disneyland Paris, Peter Pan is at the edge of Fantasyland, and Skull Rock is right there in Adventure land as with pirates, so it could be themed as it's a normal night club sort of even though its theming technically relates to the land next to it. Trust me it works IRL.
  • Sight lines are a huge part of making this land feel creepy... From one entrance you have a straight shot of the Hydro Coaster's drop (I'm thinking having a Skull up there), and the lower land's entrance views it as angled right when you go through/past some rocks. It will have that reveal moment like Hogwart's at IOA.
  • A hotel that makes the Main Street area much taller by having hotels in them -- bring the coast down significantly as it will be made taker to gain profits. Not only would this be a perfect way for Disney to make instant cash, but there are a ton of people who would love this. And if we decide to place this park in a major city it would conserve space:p.
  • Arcade walkways like at Disneyland Paris except mainly to help crowd control vs. weather. This will allow Main Street (or whatever it ends up being called) to not have to be super wide like Mickey Avenue over st Shanghai.
What are you guy's thoughts? Questions?
In terms of different Main Street streets what about these 4?
england-manchester-victorian-architecture-in-the-northern-quarter-EEBJ6G.jpg

tokyo_disneysea6.jpg

300px-Pantages_Theater%2C_Hollywood%2C_LA%2C_CA%2C_jjron_21.03.2012.jpg

Thoughts on Parisian?
with-anna-paris-architecture.jpg

gonzoWDW

View attachment 195580
Obviously not to scale -- this is just an idea.
  • A hotel that makes the Main Street area much taller by having hotels in them -- bring the cost down significantly as it will be made to gain profits. Not only would this be a perfect way for Disney to make instant cash, but there are a ton of people who would love this. And if we decide to place this park in a major city it would conserve space:p.
  • Arcade walkways like at Disneyland Paris except mainly to help crowd control vs. weather. This will allow Main Street (or whatever it ends up being called) to not have to be super wide like Mickey Avenue over st Shanghai.
What are you guy's thoughts? Questions?
I like it! Love the sketch.

Maybe have the drop come from Chernabog's furled wings? Or his face, to stick with the skull idea

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom