News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

The Empress Lilly

You write that because I didn't respond within 48 minutes? Get a freakin life.

I already told you. You are visiting a starport that offers interplanetary travel. That is a story. So is, "you are visiting a haunted house," which is the full extent of Haunted Mansion's story. All of the visuals support each story.

Every Disney ride has a story. That's what the Imagineers start with. Watch their DPB videos. Even the freakin toilets have a story. How successfully the theming supports the story is what varies, but they don't just build a coaster, paint it green, and call it The Riddler like some.
WDW replaced intricate setting, placemaking and theme for a dump with intricate backstory.

Barnstormer is that 'The Riddler', or 'Superman - the coaster'. A painted bare steel coaster with a name, a character and some props. But yes, the Disney ride has a backstory that ties it in with the backstory of the land's toilets. ("On August the 5th of 1941, local businessman Scott F. Nameofimagineer was struck by lightning as he walked from blahblah")

The Empress Lilly

Wales has a dragon on its flag, that's one way to bring Beastly Kingdom back ;)
Disney's Animal Kingdom - Have a Wale of a Time!

New Cymry Cingdomme!
E-ticket: Cylliyyelanfairpwllgwyngyl Safari - an expedition up forbidden mount Snowdonia, with views of dangerous Celtic mystics and stocky hairy rugger players taking a swing at you
D-ticket: Seven Jones' Coal Mine ride
C- ticket: Taffy's Sheep 'petting' Farm

34o6hyu.jpg

jt04

If they only would! We need more at MK. Alice, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Indy, Roger Rabbit, Storybook Canal, Casey Jr., Nemo Submarines, Castle Walkthrough, Star Tours, Matterhorn. These are all the rides at DL that MK doesn't have, and DL has 1/2 the space of MK! Disneyland Fantasyland is so dense with attractions that you get confused sometimes as to where they are. It feels much larger than it actually is.

I am all for more at the MK in time (after DAK 2, DHS 2 and Epcot 2) But I am of the school of thought that the MK does not have to be nearly as eclectic as DL. And that is a huge advantage for WDW and the ability to create immersive environments.

raven

I am all for more at the MK in time (after DAK 2, DHS 2 and Epcot 2) But I am of the school of thought that the MK does not have to be nearly as eclectic as DL. And that is a huge advantage for WDW and the ability to create immersive environments.
...yet takes YEARS to come to reality...

MK desperately needs capacity-sucking attractions. Perhaps reopen Diamond Horseshoe Saloon and Tortuga Taven and get rid of the seasonal Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant to build a large capacity theater for starters. Tomorrowland Speedway is also a huge prime property than can be of better use.

Earl Sweatpants

Haunted Mansion doesn't have a linear story, though it certainly has theming associated with many stories.

Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash, Big Thunder, Small World, Space Mountain, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, ToT, GMR, Star Tours, Kilimanjaro, Dinosaur, Everest all have a clear story.

I would argue RnRC isn't really an E, but that's just me. I also think Living with the Land is. Disney wants us to believe Mine Train and Frozen are. But they are Ds to me.

Miss anything? Shows? Perhaps Tiki Room, HoP, CoP, FotLK, Nemo, Indy?

Some lose their status with age without updates. CBJ, UoE. Maybe Tiki Room used to be and isn't now? As I said, it's subjective. What had impressive scale and scope in 1971 might not in 2017.
Actually...Haunted Mansion DOES have a story...but you have to listen to it independent of the actual ride experience. Its worth checking out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Actually...Haunted Mansion DOES have a story...but you have to listen to it independent of the actual ride experience. Its worth checking out.

Actually...Haunted Mansion DOES have multiple fragments of contradicting stories, especially crazy ones retrofitted by fans,...but you have to listen to it independent of the actual ride experience. Its worth checking out.

FTFY

HMF

Just a thought- rename the UK pavilion to 'The British Isles'. This is a very easy way to include Ireland, and if N.Ireland or Scotland leave the UK, they can still be represented.
I agree, and Mexico should be Latin America (So Gran Fiesta Tour makes more sense, Norway should be Scandenavia.(Though, that still won't justify Frozen's placement.

EricsBiscuit

...yet takes YEARS to come to reality...

MK desperately needs capacity-sucking attractions. Perhaps reopen Diamond Horseshoe Saloon and Tortuga Taven and get rid of the seasonal Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant to build a large capacity theater for starters. Tomorrowland Speedway is also a huge prime property than can be of better use.
Diamond Horseshoe is open year round. I went there the other day to eat. The problem is that it's so small. It doesn't even have its own restrooms, you have to go to the Adventureland connector for restrooms! But I love it and it's awesome. TT is open more now but they butchered the menu. Another cool bonus tip is that if you don't like the Skipper Canteen's food you can order off the menu of either the LTT or the DH because they share a kitchen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom