The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

After last year's trip my dh said the next trip would be sans kids! Something about spoiled...............my wallet is still recovering:jawdrop:
Yeah, spoiled gets spoken about a lot around here. Yep, it's me:)I am the spoiled one.:D But seriously, everything on this trip is prepaid down to souvenirs this time. I have a nice Disney Gift Card that should cover meals and kids have their own gift card for souvenirs. Now if we can just stick to those we are good!;)

Songbird76

I'm so happy you're back:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Congrats on figuring what was going on with the evals, and your dd doing so well. As for you ds I went through some of the same things with my older ds except as soon as something happened with other kids picking on him it was nipped in the bud. Hopefully the school will take care of it very soon! The knives are great and being used almost daily that way I get to think of you , your lovely family and the Poly:inlove: Everybody is here is doing well and my dh is getting put on the next project he wants on the shift he wants:joyfull: for him not so much for me because it's nights:mad::mad::mad:. I may have to take up napping:hilarious: At least once warm weather hits I'll be able to do it outside:joyfull: Welcome back xoxo
Oh that's so great your son's school was on top of the bullying! Ours has not been. DS has been bullied for YEARS. We thought it was going better last year...he had a teacher that I had actually been warned about that she was not nice and only yelled at the kids and it turned out she was the BEST teacher he had. She was so supportive of him and could really reach him before he had a meltdown and she made sure to come talk to me whenever there was any sort of incident so I would know what happened when DS talked about it. No other teacher ever did that...DS would tell me something and I would have to make an appointment with the teacher to find out what happened. So we LOVED this teacher and she was great with him and he had a great year last year. This year, we weren't even through the first week before I was called in because there were problems, and we tried an after-school program that did not help, and several of the kids who DS THOUGHT were his friends suddenly said they weren't, and he was sitting alone at recess because if he tried to play with the other kids, they ganged up on him and decided to play new games that generally involved kicking a soccer ball as hard as they could at him. And then the new girl arrived and they completely clicked, but she was warned off and when she didn't comply, the kids drew on her gym clothes, took stuff from her desk, pushed her off of playground equipment...it took 6 weeks for them to drive her off and her mom apped me and told me she was so sorry her daughter was not going to be able to play with DS anymore because she was too scared. The school has basically pushed it onto DS...if he acted "normal", the other kids wouldn't target him. So we have to get HIM help so that HE doesn't get bullied instead of ensuring the bullies stop bullying. There was a period towards the end of last year that I was in the school 3 times a week for meetings with teachers and support staff to set up the testing, filling out behavioral questionnaires, writing up step plans for DS's safety at recess, etc. I'm sure you understand all about that and how emotionally exhausting it all is. But you have got it mostly worked out now, correct? So I'm hopeful that once we get the diagnosis, we can get a plan in place and get things moving in the right direction.
Let's not kid ourselves...you are not going to take up napping! :p But I'm glad things are going well, and yay for the knives fulfilling their destiny! I use mine every day...I have basically the same ones. My dad has just given me so many over the years that I've had to parcel them out among friends and family to make sure they have good homes where they won't just sit in a box. I just can't use 40 knives! I have 5 that I use pretty regularly and a couple more in the drawer that rarely see any action. So I'm glad you can get some use out of a few and it's a nice reminder of the trip. Isn't the Poly amazing? Have you ever stayed there? It's now on my bucket list just from seeing the lobby and eating at O'hana (pretty sure I spelled that wrong). I told hubby that we need to win millions in the lottery so we can take a 2 week vacation to Disney every Summer and stay at a different resort every time, starting with the Poly.

Songbird76

Just realized I get to make fastpasses in less then 12 hours! So, I won't be posting 7pm here because I will be on Disney's website or App if that doesn't work:confused: feverishly trying to get my fastpasses. ROL is my main goal right now and then I can work backwards from there.:)
Good luck!! I hope you get everything you want! When is your trip? Are you staying on property?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, spoiled gets spoken about a lot around here. Yep, it's me:)I am the spoiled one.:D But seriously, everything on this trip is prepaid down to souvenirs this time. I have a nice Disney Gift Card that should cover meals and kids have their own gift card for souvenirs. Now if we can just stick to those we are good!;)
LOL we did the gift card thing for almost everything:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh that's so great your son's school was on top of the bullying! Ours has not been. DS has been bullied for YEARS. We thought it was going better last year...he had a teacher that I had actually been warned about that she was not nice and only yelled at the kids and it turned out she was the BEST teacher he had. She was so supportive of him and could really reach him before he had a meltdown and she made sure to come talk to me whenever there was any sort of incident so I would know what happened when DS talked about it. No other teacher ever did that...DS would tell me something and I would have to make an appointment with the teacher to find out what happened. So we LOVED this teacher and she was great with him and he had a great year last year. This year, we weren't even through the first week before I was called in because there were problems, and we tried an after-school program that did not help, and several of the kids who DS THOUGHT were his friends suddenly said they weren't, and he was sitting alone at recess because if he tried to play with the other kids, they ganged up on him and decided to play new games that generally involved kicking a soccer ball as hard as they could at him. And then the new girl arrived and they completely clicked, but she was warned off and when she didn't comply, the kids drew on her gym clothes, took stuff from her desk, pushed her off of playground equipment...it took 6 weeks for them to drive her off and her mom apped me and told me she was so sorry her daughter was not going to be able to play with DS anymore because she was too scared. The school has basically pushed it onto DS...if he acted "normal", the other kids wouldn't target him. So we have to get HIM help so that HE doesn't get bullied instead of ensuring the bullies stop bullying. There was a period towards the end of last year that I was in the school 3 times a week for meetings with teachers and support staff to set up the testing, filling out behavioral questionnaires, writing up step plans for DS's safety at recess, etc. I'm sure you understand all about that and how emotionally exhausting it all is. But you have got it mostly worked out now, correct? So I'm hopeful that once we get the diagnosis, we can get a plan in place and get things moving in the right direction.
Let's not kid ourselves...you are not going to take up napping! :p But I'm glad things are going well, and yay for the knives fulfilling their destiny! I use mine every day...I have basically the same ones. My dad has just given me so many over the years that I've had to parcel them out among friends and family to make sure they have good homes where they won't just sit in a box. I just can't use 40 knives! I have 5 that I use pretty regularly and a couple more in the drawer that rarely see any action. So I'm glad you can get some use out of a few and it's a nice reminder of the trip. Isn't the Poly amazing? Have you ever stayed there? It's now on my bucket list just from seeing the lobby and eating at O'hana (pretty sure I spelled that wrong). I told hubby that we need to win millions in the lottery so we can take a 2 week vacation to Disney every Summer and stay at a different resort every time, starting with the Poly.
I haven't stayed there in YEARS but it was very nice and then some. It's not in the budget with kids:(

Songbird76

That is so sad about your DS getting bullied. You cannot just blame the kids doing the bullying, but the parents of those kids as well. Those parents if aware their kids were bullying should have smacked their kids upside the head and put an end to it. So many parents just don't seem to care about what their kids are doing. It is very sad. I hope things work out for him.
It is sad. I actually blame the school more because they haven't addressed the situation from the bullying side. They want to see what DS can change about himself so he isn't a target. I look at it from the standpoint that it's not my son's fault. He's not the cause and if it's not him, it will be someone else. I'm all for getting him help for his issues, because it's not fun to live the way he lives, but even if you can "fix" him to where he's just like everyone else (which you can't, and he wouldn't be HIM anymore if you did, so I wouldn't want that) the kids who bully need just as much help to change that behavior. It won't stop until the cost to them is greater than the reward...when they actually get in trouble for doing it and it isn't worth the brief entertainment/power they get. They are only working on one side of it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is sad. I actually blame the school more because they haven't addressed the situation from the bullying side. They want to see what DS can change about himself so he isn't a target. I look at it from the standpoint that it's not my son's fault. He's not the cause and if it's not him, it will be someone else. I'm all for getting him help for his issues, because it's not fun to live the way he lives, but even if you can "fix" him to where he's just like everyone else (which you can't, and he wouldn't be HIM anymore if you did, so I wouldn't want that) the kids who bully need just as much help to change that behavior. It won't stop until the cost to them is greater than the reward...when they actually get in trouble for doing it and it isn't worth the brief entertainment/power they get. They are only working on one side of it.
Sympathy like

FutureCEO

THNX I was one the fence about making time for that. hopefully I'll find time this week and if I don't like it I know who to blame:D

To be fair....I don't think I ever watched the animated one. Though I never watched Sleeping Beauty and a few other movies either like the Sword in the Stone but I can't wait for the live action one to come out. If they do the King Arthur legend justice, it will be a great movie.

Figgy1

Premium Member
What's with all the lucite shoes this year? I may be from Joisey but seriously? In my travels once I can get out i need to find a pair of niceish shoes for all the functions I have to go to so I started looking online and first up at every site lucite:eek::eek::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom