Minor missing show effect that bugs you

999th Happy Haunt

Mist effects? Below the boiler room queue floor (that's why it's higher than the floor) and behind the glass walls in the 5th D.

Or we could talk about the sparking neon sign.
I can remember it in the boiler room now that I think about it but I don't think I've seen it in the 5th dimension scene. Also the sign used to spark? Didn't know that either.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
For me Fantasmic! (WDW). When the boats come across during Pocahontas and their torches don't light up. I know this seems so silly, but for my family we love this show! This is a little off topic but I really hope they upgrade the Dragon like they did for Disneyland. Also if you have not seen the show since they upgraded the projector system it's a big difference.

Cosmic Commando

The Roman Chariot projection in Spaceship Earth. I know it was turned off on purpose but I still disagree with it.
This one bothers me, because I swear I saw it in the new version, and apparently that never happened. I really have no memory of the Jeremy Irons version except for that projection, apparently.

GVentola

This one bothers me, because I swear I saw it in the new version, and apparently that never happened. I really have no memory of the Jeremy Irons version except for that projection, apparently.

So there are a couple of people besides me who miss the Roman Chariot that goes down the street and then turns left! I feel validated! I don't know why I liked it so much, but I do miss it. I don't think it would take too much time and money to reinstate it. In my old office, whenever I walked down the hall and turned left, I thought of it.

There are other parts of Spaceship Earth I miss. For a short time, they had a scene from Star Wars: A New Hope playing on the movie screen, but now it's back to 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, a lesser known film that less people remember. (I did see it twice myself.) I also miss the gang of young men in the Renaissance section. They used to look like The Monkees to me! I would ride through that scene thinking, "There's Peter, there's Micky, there's Davy--and over on the other side is Mike!" Finally, I miss having a clear view down the big hill at the end of the ride. You had to look backwards in any version of Spaceship Earth to see it, but now the view is partially blocked, and they hope they distract you from that fact by having you play that what will your future look like game.

GVentola

I guess it's true what they say, everything deteriorates over time. What we need is a Disney Revival! It sounds like they'll be doing that to Epcot soon; I look forward to seeing what happens. But I've always loved Epcot, even when it seemed it's original theming had changed.

HMF

So there are a couple of people besides me who miss the Roman Chariot that goes down the street and then turns left! I feel validated! I don't know why I liked it so much, but I do miss it. I don't think it would take too much time and money to reinstate it. In my old office, whenever I walked down the hall and turned left, I thought of it.
It was not a financial reason. Some High-ranking Imagineer thought it looked cheesy and had it turned off, They could bring it back tonight if someone would just turn it on. As for the 20K playing in the cinema. That whole cinema scene is now just one screen with a newsreel about Jesse Owens winning the 4 Olympic gold medals in Germany with the woman in the booth reading a newspaper about it (Which I think should get her fired but that's just me.) There are a lot of relatively minor issues I have with the ascent. The Descent and Narration are horrible though and the music is just OK as opposed to the majestic 1994 score.

Last edited:

raven

Everest's Bird on a stick...
bird2_209.jpg
Perhaps knocked out by a flying hair tie? ;)

Not sure if anyone remembers, but the Phoenician scene in SSE (where the 2 boats are beside each other on the left) used to have mist to create a water effect.

Also the heat in the desert scene on LWTL (although it's slightly there).

Smell of eucalyptus by the casket in HM.

Mist along the paths of some of the animal areas at DAK.

Howling wolf sound outside of HM (might still be there but haven't heard it in ages).

The old effects from the original Countdown to Extinction.

Sandurz

Not sure if anyone remembers, but the Phoenician scene in SSE (where the 2 boats are beside each other on the left) used to have mist to create a water effect.

Whoa never knew about that effect...anyone know a good pic or clip? Don't remember seeing that in Martin's latest Spaceship Earth video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom