The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Jo Ann's, Michael's and AC Moore all have what you're looking for. Just make sure the box you get is for preserving paper as in acid free. If you're going to keep the notes and such wrapped in tissue paper make sure that's acid free. The point is what you'll need is in the scrap booking section and btw before purchasing check each web site for coupons, never pay retail:joyfull:

Exactly...acid free.
As I've mentioned before, I have some Disney photostats that are very precious to me...and they are kept acid free, although not yet in the expensive frames I, ultimately, want them in...!!! :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I suppose, but, they are misleading at best. My Father had very low cholesterol (don't remember the number) but, he had the artery on his left side leading to the brain clog up completely. If it wasn't for a rogue vain that went across his forehead and connect again above the blockage lord only know what might have happened. Then, of course, he died of a massive heart attack. My mother, whose body created its own excess cholesterol (numbers in the 300's) never had a heart issue and died of pulmonary fibrosis. Sometimes those numbers mean not much of anything. Other factors enter into it. But,enough of that happy talk. How about those Blue Jays? @JenniferS never said if they won or not. Or at least I didn't see it if she did.
They lost. :(

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That looks like a fun book. I'd like to flip through that!

It is fun! First 'cause you know how I just love me some construction pictures and second this book especially for Future World is such flash back in time, true yesteryear. The photos of the fountains and the Imagination pavilion at night, the Innovations buildings in their full glory. The gone but not forgotten Motion and Horizon. The Seas before it became Nemo-fried. :rolleyes: Even the land had a tour guide on the boat. All in the glorious book.

Me, so happy that not only did I get to see all this in person but my kids did too.
Good times. :geek:

Gabe1

Another coffee table book with lots of photos that kinda fell under the radar is

Walt Disney World: 20 Magical Years

511U63PvQ5L.jpg

Its cover is nothing to write home about but it gives 3 park builds and the studios were still developing at that point. Being a kinda ugly cover and the hype already ramping for the 25th of the MK this first stab to the 25th book is a bit more obscure. (of course I have both)
5165G7Bl4DL.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
But I love my flowers, gardens and all my greenery. My DD last year finally tracked down a copy of Gardens of the Walt Disney World Resort

A1cb7Q8uVuL.jpg

It also has some good hints of pathways if you look closely.

I would love to read this one too. I have been following the prices of some of these you've shown on ebay & amazon for awhile. I'm hoping to make some garage sale rounds this year hoping to find some books or vintage Disney things. If not then maybe I might order a few. I have a couple books from some early trips and a friend of mine's mom was cleaning out her basement and gave me a WDW souvenir book from the mid '80's. It is fun to flip through and see either what I missed seeing, stuff I was too little to remember or to take a trip down memory lane.

I also have my own book. When I was a kid I couldn't afford big souvenirs so I would buy postcards. They were cheap and had pictures of rides and stuff I couldn't take pictures of. So I have almost every postcard with an actual photo I ever saw for sale at WDW from 1987 to recent ones. I mostly went for the picture (actual photo) ones and not the ones that were over-sized or that were drawings.

I remember when I first started buying them I had a big stack when I checked out at the Emporium and the cast member's eyes bugged out a little. I think she thought I was going to be writing the rest of the day!

FutureCEO

I can't wait to see it, but we don't get it here for a few weeks! It's one of my favorites, though.

I just watched Pete's Dragon, my favorite Disney remake so far because let's be real here. Most Disney live action movies are computer animated.

I did not like Alice and Wonderland at all. I just saw it because it was on the tele once. I haven't watched the Jungle Book yet partly because the animals are oversized. I love the Lion King but knowing the same director is directing the movie, I have very slim hopes for the 'live action even though everything is computer animated' movie.

Gabe1

Takeout fundraiser dinner from our church. Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed corn, green bean casserole, cauliflower/broccoli casserole, dinner roll, cole slaw, applesauce, side salad, chocolate cake and a fruit punch (not pictured). All this yummy goodness for $10. :hungry:

View attachment 194610

Awesome fundraiser. Kudos.

I want to know what the cauliflower/broccoli casserole recipe is? Two of my favorites.

Gabe1

I just watched Pete's Dragon, my favorite Disney remake so far because let's be real here. Most Disney live action movies are computer animated.

I did not like Alice and Wonderland at all. I just saw it because it was on the tele once. I haven't watched the Jungle Book yet partly because the animals are oversized. I love the Lion King but knowing the same director is directing the movie, I have very slim hopes for the 'live action even though everything is computer animated' movie.

I can't wait to see Beauty and the Beast. My trusted reviewer, Dean Richards as he thinks like me is over the top happy with the live version and pooh poohs the boycotts by the ultra conservative christian groups as reaching at best. He gave it an "A" So excited. See it soon I hope.

Gabe1

I would love to read this one too. I have been following the prices of some of these you've shown on ebay & amazon for awhile. I'm hoping to make some garage sale rounds this year hoping to find some books or vintage Disney things. If not then maybe I might order a few. I have a couple books from some early trips and a friend of mine's mom was cleaning out her basement and gave me a WDW souvenir book from the mid '80's. It is fun to flip through and see either what I missed seeing, stuff I was too little to remember or to take a trip down memory lane.

I also have my own book. When I was a kid I couldn't afford big souvenirs so I would buy postcards. They were cheap and had pictures of rides and stuff I couldn't take pictures of. So I have almost every postcard with an actual photo I ever saw for sale at WDW from 1987 to recent ones. I mostly went for the picture (actual photo) ones and not the ones that were over-sized or that were drawings.

I remember when I first started buying them I had a big stack when I checked out at the Emporium and the cast member's eyes bugged out a little. I think she thought I was going to be writing the rest of the day!

We have a retro postcard thing going too. While some are comfy with posting family photos we have never been. Even as adults my kids are not any more on board than I am. While I've met up with some from the boards over the years I am photo shy. People are weirdly fickle. I just don't go down that road. Early on I took family photo's by my hand and Disney but I've only posted a few that are very non descript and Walt of course. I guess being on our school board many years I became very aware of the pitfalls of identifying posting and became a bit gun shy.

And so we are like you. We have a mega photo album of postcards. It helped when my kids were little to have every attraction to keep fresh in their minds our trips and what they visited attraction wise for our next vacation. It kept the magic alive while we planned our next vacation-we never did a surprise as planning as a family was our bonding. With my kids being 5 grades apart memory recollection was very different and postcards kinda put them more on an even plain of memory recollection. Now the postcards are simply happy memories-except for Disney Springs-Still a mystery 2 visits later.

Gabe1

I have, in my possession a copy of Walt Disney World Explorer. One is with three parks and the promise of a forth. and the other is all four parks. I used to watch them all the time, but, now they don't play on my computer. It says for windows, but, it must be Windows I. So it is useless to me, but, I still keep them just in case I run into someone that knows how to configure my computer to play them.
View attachment 194614 View attachment 194615

We too had so much fun with Explorer. We had it both for PC and our original Mac. We actually had so many games for our original Mac that was not internet compatible that we kept her just for that purpose. She actually just left us 2 years ago though she was over 20 years old. Our first home computer. I adored her simplicity. One unit, monitor and hardware all contained, Apple made it easy for us to engage way back then when PC's were obsolete every year, then our Mac died support and programming wise and we purchased a gateway, still hanging tight to our Mac (and Disney Explorer) until very recently respectively. I still have the ROM for pipe dream sake

Gabe1

Condolences still. I know Walt was your good buddy. :(
You know, it's kinda' funny, I guess, but, I still miss Indy so much, and he was with us for only such a short time...

View attachment 194569

He was the coolest pup ever, to me anyway... :happy: :(

My soul hurts for Indy too. Such a short life with you guys but a lifetime to Indy, Godsent. I've had 5 pups in my adult life. All special in their own way to me. Walt came to us after my DS was away at college and yet Walt's favorite person go figure-though Walt knew I was his Person of Interest that took care of him, I was the People-the MOM. I took care of all his life needs. Walt left us at a time we needed him most. Hard likely as much for him as it was for us.

Gabe1

You're killing me with all this photo nostalgia--I MISS those places!! :jawdrop:

For some reason, it was the picture of the pie slices on the individual plates, on the glass shelf that threw me into a deja vu spin . . . And then there were those familiar pix of the hot water steam, under food service pans. Yup, memories . . . comfort food . . . :inlove:

I was an older teen when I met my first McD's. I'll still take my childhood of Lum's and Morrisons. Both good values with some real wholesome good food for a fair exchange of $$$

Gabe1

Sympathy like. I had two goals in college: Dean's list every semester and no 8 ams. I made dean's list every semester and had one 8 am once a week for one semester, after which I would nap on the library couch because I had 3 hours before my next class.

I miss college naptime.

My DS well seeded into his career. Does not miss college. My DD well seeded also into her career, still misses college.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi all! I just popped in. It looks like our internet is finally working. They had to install a booster because the signal wasn't reaching up the stairs...heck, half the time it wasn't even reaching a couple of meters away from the box!
I have been working a lot...last year, I had an evaluation and it went terribly and I couldn't figure out why my times were so bad when I knew I was faster than some of the people who had great evals. So I worked really hard to figure it out and we managed to pin it down...my times WERE better than average....it's just that I was working mostly upstairs while they were all downstairs and upstairs was HORRIBLY inefficient. When I walked downstairs, it almost cut my times in half. So now that they know I'm not a lazy do-nothing, they've actually been giving me 3 times the shifts I used to get.
It's been a tough year so far...we're having DS tested for a range of developmental disorders. He's been bullied so much this school year and he FINALLY made a friend when she came to our school just before Christmas and it was amazing...the week they went back to school after Christmas, she was getting bullied so bad that she wouldn't play with him anymore. The kids had warned her not to play with DS and when she didn't listen, they started in on her, so she didn't dare to play with him anymore. So he's kind of back to having zero friends at school, but today he played his last soccer game and now he's switching to chess. He didn't fit in well with the kids in soccer and he was coming home in tears every time. Chess is much more his speed and I swear I walked into that room the first time and it was like 15 DSs running around! He totally fits in there. I hope he will finally make some friends, even if none of them go to his school.
DD is chugging along...she'll get preliminary school advice soon so she can decide what she wants to do in high school so that when she gets her official advice next year, she can choose a high school. So far, she says she wants to do the English program at the school closest to our house. It's only for the highest level students, so she has to get advice to do the high level school to do it, but so far it looks like she's on track for that, as is her best friend. They want to do that program together so they can do their homework here where there's a native English speaker to help.
And that's pretty much the rundown on what we're doing. What have I missed here? Is everyone healthy and happy?
I'm so happy you're back:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Congrats on figuring what was going on with the evals, and your dd doing so well. As for you ds I went through some of the same things with my older ds except as soon as something happened with other kids picking on him it was nipped in the bud. Hopefully the school will take care of it very soon! The knives are great and being used almost daily that way I get to think of you , your lovely family and the Poly:inlove: Everybody is here is doing well and my dh is getting put on the next project he wants on the shift he wants:joyfull: for him not so much for me because it's nights:mad::mad::mad:. I may have to take up napping:hilarious: At least once warm weather hits I'll be able to do it outside:joyfull: Welcome back xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member

THNX I was one the fence about making time for that. hopefully I'll find time this week and if I don't like it I know who to blame:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom