Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

tmthomas52

I kind of shied away from commenting too much after the first few days on the club 32 panels just because there were so many contributions and some really talented people. I had been thinking some more about this villains area so thought I'd go ahead and post. I think I'd mentioned early on that I loved the idea of a villains land/mini-land, but didn't know how large scale Disney would ever consider something like that. Having a 5 year old gives me a parent's perspective looking at DW, so I tend to see things through that lens. The only issue I could ever foresee with a true villains area would be is there a segment of the park-going public that might automatically rule out a chunk of the park if it was built.
I know one of the things coming up on the FL side of things is balancing out major E ticket type rides with more C/D type rides. I think there will always be a place for the slow paced, minor tech type rides at DW that gives a park like MK it's variety.

Had a kid/family friendly attraction been considered yet for the villain mini-land? I think I'd read all the pages but don't think I saw anything. Just was kicking around the idea of a less intense C/D attraction. Something along the lines of a Villain Academy. There have been quite a few inept villains over the years in Disney/Pixar films and many of them have gathered at the academy to be rehabilitated to go back out and do good in the world. Of course they will all be hopeless. But picturing going through different scenes with them squabbling with each other, failing at doing good deeds, the Evil Queen in the academy kitchen slicing mounds of apples because she didn't follow rules, etc. Just a thought. If not as a ride, maybe as a Muppet 3-d theater type attraction with a few physical sets and screen.

This a really good idea! I just read through this whole thread and like some of the progress that has been made. I guess the question is if this is a mini-land would this addition be too much? Also, I think the Villains Comedy Club could serve the purpose of attracting kids because I understood it to be similar to a Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. There was the smaller pad that was set up for future expansion that could an awesome place for this in a 3-D theatre maybe with some Tough to be a Bug elements.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This a really good idea! I just read through this whole thread and like some of the progress that has been made. I guess the question is if this is a mini-land would this addition be too much? Also, I think the Villains Comedy Club could serve the purpose of attracting kids because I understood it to be similar to a Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. There was the smaller pad that was set up for future expansion that could an awesome place for this in a 3-D theatre maybe with some Tough to be a Bug elements.
I should probably change the name of the thread lol

@Brer Oswald can confirm -- but I think we're leaning towards making this a full land instead of a mini-land within Fantasyland which was our original idea last week.

That way mostly all of these ideas can be realized. I agree with you on the Villains Tonight being like the Laugh Floor of the area. Maybe is there a way to combine Disney Dad's idea into an interactive queue for the Villains Tonight?

Maybe the villains that are bad at their job take up comedy instead -- and the queue shows the training academy where they have to be less evil and more funny?

tmthomas52

I should probably change the name of the thread lol

@Brer Oswald can confirm -- but I think we're leaning towards making this a full land instead of a mini-land within Fantasyland which was our original idea last week.

That way mostly all of these ideas can be realized. I agree with you on the Villains Tonight being like the Laugh Floor of the area. Maybe is there a way to combine Disney Dad's idea into an interactive queue for the Villains Tonight?

Maybe the villains that are bad at their job take up comedy instead -- and the queue shows the training academy where they have to be less evil and more funny?

Yeah I like this a lot. Sorry I did not catch the land got upgraded when I read through it quickly! This transition of the villains would be similar to the Monsters Inc. monsters transition from laughs to screams. Thanks for the clarification!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Yeah I like this a lot. Sorry I did not catch the land got upgraded when I read through it quickly! This transition of the villains would be similar to the Monsters Inc. monsters transition from laughs to screams. Thanks for the clarification!
No worries man! It was actually a really recent transition and now I fixed the title :p

And yes exactly! - It'd be really fun to play around with that element because a lot of villains are actually pretty funny in their own right.

gonzoWDW

I'm almost ready to write up an idea for the bald mountain queue, but want to make sure it fits with the rest of the land.

Do we have a back story for the villains land/mini land? I know it's set in the middle ages, but want to make sure it fits with the overall story

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'm almost ready to write up an idea for the bald mountain queue, but want to make sure it fits with the rest of the land.

Do we have a back story for the villains land/mini land? I know it's set in the middle ages, but want to make sure it fits with the overall story
As of now there's no official overarching story -- however if you want to create one feel free to!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
In that case, I'm going to build off the story you posted from your old idea for how the Villains Land was started. Will try and have something up by tonight. If it doesn't end up fitting in, should be easy to change later
Awesome!

Btw just so you know as I'm typing up the final draft now, I'm changing the year back to the Middle Ages (instead of 1875 like I had said before) it's going to be 1475.

It doesn't make much difference to the design of the house or the story itself...it just keeps everything in the Middle Ages.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Haunted Mansion (Part 1)
2922F7C700000578-0-image-m-60_1432807091034.jpg

Backstory
In 1475, George Bluebeard began construction on a sprawling mansion for his 7th wife, Lucretia. Featuring a plethora of eclectic rooms and a unique design, Bluebeard spent the next several years trying to build the perfect mansion for his perfect wife. Unfortunately for Bluebeard however, his situation took a turn for the worst.
haunted-mansion-interior.jpg

Picture of Lucretia

George had seven winsome wives, some of them were fat, some thin, but the seventh one did him in. George Bluebeard died in the mansion he built, and rumor has it at the hand of the woman he married he built it for. Lucretia took control of the mansion, but ever since she claimed her inheritance, she began experiencing ghostly appearances throughout the house and grounds.

The organ in the ballroom began to play on its own, doors would swing open, voices would cry out to her, and the clock never told the right time. She decided to bring in a seance in order to discover any ghosts in the mansion, and to possibly rid her of her daftly spirits. However, that just made matters worse.

The seance, named Leota, called on the spirits, wherever they're at, and George Bluebeard's mansion soon became a portal to 999 happy haunts from all around the world, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight. The spirit of George Bluebeard rose from the dead to haunt Lucretia, and drive her out of the mansion he built. Some say they can still hear her screams from the room in which she saw him. For the next few years, the mansion was known for its spiritual dwellings. Those who sought to dare venture inside were met with the ghouls within, touring the mansion at their own behalf and risk.

Queue
Llanrwst-Gwydir-Castle-Garden-Archway.jpg

Approaching the queue for the Haunted Mansion brings guests around a bend and away from the Mansion itself. You enter into a myriad of plants and shrubbery, much of which has been decayed over the years. As you arrive at the front gates, you can hear the howling of a dog in the distance, foreboding a haunted journey ahead.

The overgrown plants encompass the dimly lit walkway that meanders around a bend and sends you into a maze of triangularly shaped trees, along with an eclectic variety of poisonous plants. If you look closely at one of the triangular trees, you'll see that it is a passageway to the "ground" and realize that the trees are actually tombstones designed as plants. With one of them open, as guests walk past, during some points a puppet figure will pop out of the ground and frighten guests with his ghostly smile.

6bd465d787ee1ffdaec7bf83bd5a3822.jpg

Continuing on into the gardens, guests can now see that the entire garden is an overgrown and overcapacity graveyard, with tombstones on top of one another, all with unique sayings on them.

Here lies sweet little Sally, she wanted to fly, but fell into an alley.

The remains of our loving brother Dave, he had a pet lion that didn't behave.

And several other descriptions of the deceased members of the haunted graveyard. Surrounding the tombstones are also descriptions of the plants themselves.

Deadly Ivy, do not touch if you want to remain lively.

The dog howls once more in the distance as you can see the side entrance of the Mansion approaching even closer. Mist begins to permeate through the area, clouding your vision in the process. (In summer days, this mist could be a nice cool down after being outdoors in the queue for a long time) And it's cool blast symbolizes the presence of ghosts on the grounds.

Towards the end of the outdoor section of the queue is the tombstone of Lucreita -- with the Bluebeard family crest on the top of it, and a passage that reads. While the 7th wife did him in, she eventually met her timely Fin
hedge.jpg

The second half of the queue begins with a sign that says - to the Bluebeard Mansion. However the sign itself points you into a large hedge maze that you have to navigate around. 8 foot tall blackish/green bushes surround you and envelop you, taking away your sense of boundaries to the area. You hope you're walking in the right direction. To add to this psychological paranoia, the queue actually takes you to a dead end at one point (which is the holding pattern similar to the doors opening in the WDW version of the Haunted Mansion.

Rather than doors opening - the "ghosts" open the hedge maze using a mirror projection seen in Enchanted Tales with Belle in Fantasyland -- and guests walk up to the front porch of the Mansion and into the open doors ahead, venturing into the medieval mansion.

A cast member gives you a grim greeting and points you into the library with no doors and a window above. Books stacked up around 15 feet in the air, marble fireplace burning, paintings all along the high walls, with eyes that watch you as you circle around the library for the pre-show
34d5923f892f74bcb694c0c4474d6218.jpg

A deep and powerful voice comes over the loudspeaker:

"Welcome foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion - I am your host, your ghost host *evil laugh* Our tour begins here in this library, which is filled with the greatest ghost stories the literary world has ever known. But one story has yet to be revealed, and that story is yours *evil laugh* You might be contemplating why you're here."

As the ghost host says that, books begin to come out of the shelves, as if ghosts are picking them out. Lightning flashes and the paintings on the walls change to evil grins and faces as the thunder roars. The window above you begins to shake as rain begins to pour onto it from above.

"Oh, are you feeling a sense of discomfort? A chilling choice of fate? You're wondering how to escape from this deprecated mansion, I can tell you one way out hahaha...but we wouldn't want to noose this tour prematurely. Your tour's just getting started. Your sense of reality will be challenged, and your beliefs might just change...shall we begin? "

Thunder and lightning flash and a cool breeze is pumped into the library. Everyone can feel a chill running down their spine, as the lights completely go dark...and a rush gives you the sense that something is behind you.

Then suddenly, the lights come on to reveal a haunting cast member in front of you as one of the library shelves has moved to its side and you enter into a long hallway to approach your ride vehicle.

The Ghost host narration comes back on.

"This is just a taste of the entrees of haunts we have planned for you. Kindly watch your step and let's all stay together. We wouldn't want anyone to be left behind muahaha."

As you approach the boarding area of your doom buggies...the voice comes on again.

"Now, a carriage approaches, to take you into the boundless realm of the supernatural."

Blueprint of the Attraction
186115987220976377%253Faccount_id%253D9

Part 2 coming up tonight!​

Disney Dad 3000

The Haunted Mansion (Part 1)
2922F7C700000578-0-image-m-60_1432807091034.jpg

Backstory
In 1475, George Bluebeard began construction on a sprawling mansion for his 7th wife, Lucretia. Featuring a plethora of eclectic rooms and a unique design, Bluebeard spent the next several years trying to build the perfect mansion for his perfect wife. Unfortunately for Bluebeard however, his situation took a turn for the worst.
haunted-mansion-interior.jpg

Picture of Lucretia

George had seven winsome wives, some of them were fat, some thin, but the seventh one did him in. George Bluebeard died in the mansion he built, and rumor has it at the hand of the woman he married he built it for. Lucretia took control of the mansion, but ever since she claimed her inheritance, she began experiencing ghostly appearances throughout the house and grounds.

The organ in the ballroom began to play on its own, doors would swing open, voices would cry out to her, and the clock never told the right time. She decided to bring in a seance in order to discover any ghosts in the mansion, and to possibly rid her of her daftly spirits. However, that just made matters worse.

The seance, named Leota, called on the spirits, wherever they're at, and George Bluebeard's mansion soon became a portal to 999 happy haunts from all around the world, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight. The spirit of George Bluebeard rose from the dead to haunt Lucretia, and drive her out of the mansion he built. Some say they can still hear her screams from the room in which she saw him. For the next few years, the mansion was known for its spiritual dwellings. Those who sought to dare venture inside were met with the ghouls within, touring the mansion at their own behalf and risk.

Queue
Llanrwst-Gwydir-Castle-Garden-Archway.jpg

Approaching the queue for the Haunted Mansion brings guests around a bend and away from the Mansion itself. You enter into a myriad of plants and shrubbery, much of which has been decayed over the years. As you arrive at the front gates, you can hear the howling of a dog in the distance, foreboding a haunted journey ahead.

The overgrown plants encompass the dimly lit walkway that meanders around a bend and sends you into a maze of triangularly shaped trees, along with an eclectic variety of poisonous plants. If you look closely at one of the triangular trees, you'll see that it is a passageway to the "ground" and realize that the trees are actually tombstones designed as plants. With one of them open, as guests walk past, during some points a puppet figure will pop out of the ground and frighten guests with his ghostly smile.

6bd465d787ee1ffdaec7bf83bd5a3822.jpg

Continuing on into the gardens, guests can now see that the entire garden is an overgrown and overcapacity graveyard, with tombstones on top of one another, all with unique sayings on them.

Here lies sweet little Sally, she wanted to fly, but fell into an alley.

The remains of our loving brother Dave, he had a pet lion that didn't behave.

And several other descriptions of the deceased members of the haunted graveyard. Surrounding the tombstones are also descriptions of the plants themselves.

Deadly Ivy, do not touch if you want to remain lively.

The dog howls once more in the distance as you can see the side entrance of the Mansion approaching even closer. Mist begins to permeate through the area, clouding your vision in the process. (In summer days, this mist could be a nice cool down after being outdoors in the queue for a long time) And it's cool blast symbolizes the presence of ghosts on the grounds.

Towards the end of the outdoor section of the queue is the tombstone of Lucreita -- with the Bluebeard family crest on the top of it, and a passage that reads. While the 7th wife did him in, she eventually met her timely Fin
hedge.jpg

The second half of the queue begins with a sign that says - to the Bluebeard Mansion. However the sign itself points you into a large hedge maze that you have to navigate around. 8 foot tall blackish/green bushes surround you and envelop you, taking away your sense of boundaries to the area. You hope you're walking in the right direction. To add to this psychological paranoia, the queue actually takes you to a dead end at one point (which is the holding pattern similar to the doors opening in the WDW version of the Haunted Mansion.

Rather than doors opening - the "ghosts" open the hedge maze using a mirror projection seen in Enchanted Tales with Belle in Fantasyland -- and guests walk up to the front porch of the Mansion and into the open doors ahead, venturing into the medieval mansion.

A cast member gives you a grim greeting and points you into the library with no doors and a window above. Books stacked up around 15 feet in the air, marble fireplace burning, paintings all along the high walls, with eyes that watch you as you circle around the library for the pre-show
34d5923f892f74bcb694c0c4474d6218.jpg

A deep and powerful voice comes over the loudspeaker:

"Welcome foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion - I am your host, your ghost host *evil laugh* Our tour begins here in this library, which is filled with the greatest ghost stories the literary world has ever known. But one story has yet to be revealed, and that story is yours *evil laugh* You might be contemplating why you're here."

As the ghost host says that, books begin to come out of the shelves, as if ghosts are picking them out. Lightning flashes and the paintings on the walls change to evil grins and faces as the thunder roars. The window above you begins to shake as rain begins to pour onto it from above.

"Oh, are you feeling a sense of discomfort? A chilling choice of fate? You're wondering how to escape from this deprecated mansion, I can tell you one way out hahaha...but we wouldn't want to noose this tour prematurely. Your tour's just getting started. Your sense of reality will be challenged, and your beliefs might just change...shall we begin? "

Thunder and lightning flash and a cool breeze is pumped into the library. Everyone can feel a chill running down their spine, as the lights completely go dark...and a rush gives you the sense that something is behind you.

Then suddenly, the lights come on to reveal a haunting cast member in front of you as one of the library shelves has moved to its side and you enter into a long hallway to approach your ride vehicle.

The Ghost host narration comes back on.

"This is just a taste of the entrees of haunts we have planned for you. Kindly watch your step and let's all stay together. We wouldn't want anyone to be left behind muahaha."

As you approach the boarding area of your doom buggies...the voice comes on again.

"Now, a carriage approaches, to take you into the boundless realm of the supernatural."

Blueprint of the Attraction
186115987220976377%253Faccount_id%253D9

Part 2 coming up tonight!​

Very nice! I know it's a simple thing, but I always like the little touches you put in your presentations (like the blue print).
I was going to start a rough write up of my c/d villains academy ride to see how it hashed out and if it would be worth including, but if you all would rather incorporate part of it into villains tonight show that's cool. Just let me know.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Very nice! I know it's a simple thing, but I always like the little touches you put in your presentations (like the blue print).
I was going to start a rough write up of my c/d villains academy ride to see how it hashed out and if it would be worth including, but if you all would rather incorporate part of it into villains tonight show that's cool. Just let me know.
Thank you very much!

No go right ahead and flesh out your ride! And just so everyone knows there will probably be one or two custom art pieces to go along with the Mansion at some point in the future if that's okay with @FigmentPigments :)

I think we talked about that before:bookworm: Like an exterior shot of the mansion -- however you interpret it!:D

Daveeeeed

Thank you very much!

No go right ahead and flesh out your ride! And just so everyone knows there will probably be one or two custom art pieces to go along with the Mansion at some point in the future if that's okay with @FigmentPigments :)

I think we talked about that before:bookworm: Like an exterior shot of the mansion -- however you interpret it!:D
How could a darker style Mansion look to tie in the land? Not overrun, but something that ties in with the look of the land.

gonzoWDW

Queue to Bald Mountain Hydro Coaster – Heroes Hall​

It has been years since the great split fractured Fantasyland. The Villains, led by Chernabog, have annexed the forest, the surrounding buildings, and Bald Mountain beyond. There was a time when villains and heroes were able to share the same area, albeit with some tension, but that is no longer the case. Since the divide, buildings which formally belonged to the “heroes” have either been repurposed for more nefarious deeds, or have been allowed to fall into disrepair. One such building is the formally grandiose Heroes Hall (there would be significantly more foliage, for the “forest”, surrounding the building than is shown below).

upload_2017-3-19_0-15-47.png

(Valhalla Image Cred: http://pre14.deviantart.net/ace8/th/pre/i/2016/097/9/a/gate_to_valhalla_by_leifheanzo-d9y1ei5.jpg)

Located at the foot of Bald Mountain, it is rumored that the Heroes who used to live here managed to suppress a great evil which dwells within the mount. However, the time of the heroes has passed, and their once magnificent gathering place, while still impressive from afar, shows signs of decay as guests approach for a better look. An old, worn invitation welcomes visitors with the following inscription:

“Eat, drink, and be Merry
Come visit our Heroes’ Hall
Enjoy the splendor, see how grand”​

And scrawled beneath, guests see an ominous addition:

“Beware if you tarry
Even the mightiest fall
A different being now runs the land”​

Guests who are brave enough to press on cross a bridge, while a river speeds below. Those with an observant eye will notice that the water feeds from the mountain. Once the bridge has been crossed, our adventures have officially passed the threshold: they are now within the courtyard of Heroes’ Hall. The stone courtyard struggles to hide its age and lack of upkeep. Grass and weeds grow through solid rock, as stone crumbles and gives way beneath the slow, unstoppable march of time. The dark forest aims to reclaim its land, and it’s impossible not to think that, within a few years, it will do so. Adding to the eerie setting, afternoon visitors feel the shadow of Bald Mountain cast over the courtyard as the sun wanes.

Whilst walking along the designated pathway through the courtyard, guests can see that Heroes Hall was abandoned in a hurry, and the departed were unable to gather all their training supplies. Targets for archery practice remain, some with arrows still piercing the hay. Looking in the distance, guests may notice that the arrow in the center of one target is fashioned from a twig.

upload_2017-3-19_0-16-57.png

A number of swords and shields litter the ground; one sword, slightly different from the others, resembles that of Mulan.

Near the center of the courtyard, 12 knight statues appear to be standing guard around a mountain.

upload_2017-3-19_0-17-14.png

The top of this mountain almost resembles a head, with horns forming its twin peaks. The mountain side could even be described as a pair of tightly curled wings.

upload_2017-3-19_0-17-34.png

Of course, all guests know these thoughts to be ridiculous. Mountains don’t have heads, let alone horns, and they certainly don’t have wings. The visitors proceed towards the large double doors near the end of the courtyard. An enchanted knight’s statue stands watch over the entrance of the castle, ushering guests inside the building. Once enough guests have entered the building, the knight stops any more from entering as the double doors close behind the guests within.

The cavernous hall can only be described as absolutely impressive. Vaulted ceilings ensure even the largest of heroes could fit within the building. Portraits of great heroes and heroines adorn the walls, although they have lost their luster to the cobwebs and dust which have overtaken them. A balcony along the second floor overlooks the guests within the main hall, and everyone’s eyes are drawn to the stained glass artwork at the end of the hall. The glass once again depicts knights standing guard around a mountain. However, the sun appears to set, as the light filtering through the stained glass wanes, and the room is left in darkness.

upload_2017-3-19_0-20-6.png

After a few seconds, a torch lights from the second floor balcony comes ablaze and an animatronic calls out to the crowd “Hey! What are you all doing here standing in the dark? Somebody get those torches lit!” A few torches are lit around the crowd. The animatronic follows up “You guys decided to visit Heroes’ Hall at night? You’re either crazy or fearless. Or both. My name is Elio. Elio Cyrus. I guess you’re all here to see what’s left of the Heroes’ Hall. Truth be told, there’s not much remaining to see. It’s been left to go to ruin, as even the villains who live in this part of the land are afraid to move in. I’m the only left, as I swore an oath to stay here and guard the mountain. Well, I also have some enchanted statues to help and keep me company, but they’re no fun to talk to. Actually, I’ve got an idea! While you’re here, let me give you a tour of the hall, like in the old days! We’ll start from the bottom and head up. Just follow that door into the basement, and I’ll meet up with you in a second!”

A large wooden door slowly swings open, and guests head down a gradient, into the basement. They walls are lit by torches, casting their glow along the corridor. On the other side of the walls, guests can hear running water. Barrels occasionally line the path, marked as containing grain, wine, ale, fish, and other necessities for a true Heroes’ Hall (one hidden container is marked Cpt JS Rum). Water drips through the ceiling and the the walls, falling on the occasional barrel.

upload_2017-3-19_0-18-37.png

Eventually, the corridor ends and guests enter another showroom. Elio Cyrus pops up again, this time from a room on the other side of a wall. “Welcome to the cellar!” he exclaims. “As you might guess, it takes a lot to feed an entire hall of heroes. What you might not know is” Elio is stopped mid-sentence as a deep rumbling shakes the room, the torches, and the guest’s nerves. “Oh no… tonight must be a night with no moon. That’s bad news. We need to get you out of here, NOW. You might have heard the running water surrounding the basement. There are two rivers surrounding the building. One leading back into town, and another which goes deep into the mountain. Continue down and take a right. There you’ll be able to board a boat on the river which takes you back into town. You’ll be safe there. I’m going back upstairs to guard the hall. Safe travels, friends.” This is the last guests will hear from Elio.

Guests walk down and attempt to take a right, but their path is blocked by collapsed rock. Instead, a dark shadowy feature beckons the adventurers, so they venture left, leaving the cellar and entering a cavern, surrounded by dark rock, stalactites, stalagmites, and running water. Soon thereafter, they happen upon a dock. Chernabog's ghoulish minions help load the guests aboard soul barges, assuring them they will soon reach their destination.

upload_2017-3-19_0-18-5.png

(River Styx image cred: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ee/98/ce/ee98ce2ab86aeb686928be9d2aac2eed.jpg)

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Queue to Bald Mountain Hydro Coaster – Heroes Hall​

It has been years since the great split fractured Fantasyland. The Villains, led by Chernabog, have annexed the forest, the surrounding buildings, and Bald Mountain beyond. There was a time when villains and heroes were able to share the same area, albeit with some tension. Since the divide, buildings which formally belonged to the “heroes” have either been repurposed for more nefarious deeds, or have been allowed to fall into disrepair. One such building is the formally grandiose Heroes Hall (there would be significantly more foliage, for the “forest”, surrounding the building).

View attachment 194698

(Valhalla Image Cred: http://pre14.deviantart.net/ace8/th/pre/i/2016/097/9/a/gate_to_valhalla_by_leifheanzo-d9y1ei5.jpg)

Located at the foot of Bald Mountain, it is rumored that the Heroes who used to live here managed to suppress a great evil which dwells within the mount. However, the time of the heroes has passed, and their once magnificent gathering place, while still impressive from afar, shows signs of decay as guests approach for a better look. An old, worn invitation welcomes visitors with the following inscription:

“Eat, drink, and be Merry

Come visit our Heroes’ Hall

Enjoy the splendor, see how grand”​

And scrawled beneath, guests see ominous addition:

“Beware if you tarry

Even the mightiest fall

A different being now runs the land”​

Guests who are brave enough to press on cross a bridge, with a river of speeding below. Those with an observant eye will notice that the water feeds from the mountain. Once the bridge has been crossed, our adventures have officially passed the threshold: they are now within the courtyard of Heroes’ Hall. The stone courtyard struggles to hid its age and lack of upkeep. Grass and weeds grow through solid rock, as stone crumbles and gives way beneath the slow, unstoppable march of the time. The dark forest aims to reclaim its land, and it’s impossible not to think that, within a few years, it will do so. Adding to the eerie setting, afternoon visitors feel the shadow of Bald Mountain cast over the courtyard as the sun wanes.

Whilst walking along the designated pathway through the courtyard, guests can see that Heroes Hall was abandoned in a hurry, and were unable to gather all their training materials. Targets for archery practice remain, some with arrows still piercing the hay. Looking in the distance, guests may notice that the arrow in the center of the target is fashioned from a twig.

A number of swords and shields litter the ground; one sword, slightly different from the others, resembles that of Mulan.

Near the center of the courtyard, a 12 knight statues appear to be standing guard around a mountain.

The top of this mountain almost resembles a head, with horns forming its twin peaks. The mountain side could even be described as a pair of tightly curled wings.

Of course, all guests know these thoughts to be ridiculous. Mountains don’t have heads, let alone horns, and they certainly don’t have wings. The visitors proceed towards the large double doors near the end of the courtyard. An enchanted knight’s statue stands watch over the entrance of the castle, ushering guests inside the building. Once enough guests have entered the building, the knight stops any more from entering as the double doors close behind the guests within.

The cavernous hall can only be described as absolutely impressive. Vaulted ceilings ensure even the largest of heroes could fit within the building. Portraits of great heroes and heroines adorn the walls, although they have lost their luster to the cobwebs and dust which have overtaken them. A balcony along the second floor overlooks the guests within the main hall, and everyone’s eyes are drawn to the stained glass artwork at the end of the hall. The glass once again depicts knights standing guard around a mountain. However, the sun appears to set, as the light filtering through the stained glass wanes, and the room is left in darkness.

After a few seconds, a torch lights from the second floor balcony and an animatronic calls out to the crowd “Hey! What are you all doing here standing in the dark? Somebody get those torches lit!” A few torches are lit around the crowed, as well as one on the balcony. The animatronic follows up “You guys decided to visit Heroes’ Hall at night? You’re either crazy or fearless. Or both. My name is Elio. Elio Cyrus. I guess you’re all here to see what’s left of the Heroes’ Hall. Truth be told, there’s not much left to see. It’s been left to go to ruin, as even the villains who live in this part of the land are afraid to move in. I’m the only left, as I swore an oath to stay here and guard the mountain. Well, I also have some enchanted statues to help and keep me company, but they’re no fun to talk to. Actually, I’ve got an idea! While you’re here, let me give you a tour of the hall, like in the old days! We’ll start from the bottom and head up. Just follow that door into the basement, and I’ll meet up with you in a second!”

A large wooden door slowly swings open, and guests head down a gradient, into the basement. They walls are lit by torches, casting their glow along the corridor. On the other side of the walls, guests can hear running water. Barrels occasionally line the path, marked as containing grain, wine, ale, fish, and other necessities for a Heroes’ Hall. Water drips on the occasional barrel

Eventually, the corridor ends and guests enter another showroom. Elio Cyrus pops up again, this time from a room on the other side of a wall. “Welcome to the cellar!” he exclaims. “As you might guess, it takes a lot to feed an entire hall of heroes. What you might not know is” Elio is stopped mid-sentence as a deep rumbling shakes the room, the torches, and the guest’s nerves. “Oh no… tonight must be a night with no moon. That’s bad news. We need to get you out of here, NOW. You might have heard the running water surrounding the basement. There are two rivers surrounding the building. One leading back into town, and another which goes deep within the mountain. Continue down and take a right. There you’ll be able to board a boat on the river which takes you back into town. You’ll be safe there. I’m going back upstairs to guard the hall. Safe travels, friends.” This is the last guests will hear from Elio.

Guests walk down and attempt to take a right, but their path is blocked by collapsed rock. Instead, they venture left, leaving the cellar and entering a cavern, surrounded by dark rock, stalactites, stalagmites, and running water. Soon thereafter, they happen upon a dock. Chernabog's ghoulish minions are helping load the guests aboard soul barges, assuring them they will soon reach their destination.

(River Styx image cred: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ee/98/ce/ee98ce2ab86aeb686928be9d2aac2eed.jpg)
Let me know what you guys think, what to improve, all that good stuff. Happy to take any feedback you have to offer, especially since i'm still really new to all of this!
My feedback is -- this is wonderful gonzo!

Really enjoy the detailed descriptions. It all flows nicely as well, I can picture myself walking through your descriptions which is the best possible way to describe any of these projects, if you're able to picture yourself walking through it.

Also a small point but I appreciate how you gave the link to where you got the pictures from. We tend to leave out the links because we're lazy lol but it's cool that you included them.

If you want (I don't know if you draw) but I could try to sketch out some of these areas based on the descriptions so that it feels even more "custom" Just let me know!

gonzoWDW

My feedback is -- this is wonderful gonzo!

Really enjoy the detailed descriptions. It all flows nicely as well, I can picture myself walking through your descriptions which is the best possible way to describe any of these projects, if you're able to picture yourself walking through it.

Also a small point but I appreciate how you gave the link to where you got the pictures from. We tend to leave out the links because we're lazy lol but it's cool that you included them.

If you want (I don't know if you draw) but I could try to sketch out some of these areas based on the descriptions so that it feels even more "custom" Just let me know!

If you want to sketch out some of the queue, feel free! I'm a terrible artist, so I try and get as much across with words as possible; that being said, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm sure your drawings could help better show what's described

I probably should have linked to the photos too, but I just want to make sure to give cred for handmade images, so nobody here gets the idea that I know how to draw lol ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom