MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
DLP Welcome says Cinemagique will close March 30, though the official site has not been updated with this info yet.

I will try and make a point of seeing the final show on the last day during my trip.

brb1006

FmYdZdr.jpg

felipenor

In the months when the park does have early sunsets, the parks close early because of low visitor numbers. The park does not stay open long enough for both a parade and video projection show. (Although my recent winter visits showed DLP is doing a fairly good job nowadays of filling the parks in the off season :'( )
I don't know how crowded it gets during summer, but I was there in mid-january and the park seemed pretty busy to me. Many rides had a one-hour waiting line (as well as the princess M&G), Big Thunder Mountain was 100 minutes.

Den Carter

I don't know how crowded it gets during summer, but I was there in mid-january and the park seemed pretty busy to me. Many rides had a one-hour waiting line (as well as the princess M&G), Big Thunder Mountain was 100 minutes.

Winter crowds outside Christmas and New Year times are a new thing at DLP, and proof they're finally doing a good job marketing the parks. The only way to guarantee a quiet day these days is to visit during a mid week winter day. It's great news for Disney, but a sure indication the resort needs some expansion!

DDLand

I hate being this guy, but I want to ask @marni1971 a question. I try to refrain from linking like this because I don't want to turn him into a search engine, but I figure this is interesting enough...

At this point we're starting to get a vision of what's coming next. WDW with Epcot over the next 5-6 (or 7) years. Disneyland has rumblings of new offerings beyond Star Wars at both DCA and Walt's Original. Disney Cruise Line up to 2023. In Hong Kong, while in flux right now, we do have some general objectives and things they want to accomplish. Shanghai is actually a little more up in the air, but Everest and Marvel seem to be coming eventually.

That leaves Disneyland Paris Resort as the one WDC operated business that has an unclear future. Project Sparkle is nearing completion and the road map beyond is uncharted.

I was doing some reading on French Language forums (translate of course) and it seems like they think projects such as TSMM and an Adventureland addition may be on the docket. Now bluntly I put more credence on what you have to say, so I'm wondering if you've heard any rumblings on what's coming in the medium term.

If it's too early that's fine, I can imagine with the acquisition coming to a close things could still be up in the air.

Thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hate being this guy, but I want to ask @marni1971 a question. I try to refrain from linking like this because I don't want to turn him into a search engine, but I figure this is interesting enough...

At this point we're starting to get a vision of what's coming next. WDW with Epcot over the next 5-6 (or 7) years. Disneyland has rumblings of new offerings beyond Star Wars at both DCA and Walt's Original. Disney Cruise Line up to 2023. In Hong Kong, while in flux right now, we do have some general objectives and things they want to accomplish. Shanghai is actually a little more up in the air, but Everest and Marvel seem to be coming eventually.

That leaves Disneyland Paris Resort as the one WDC operated business that has an unclear future. Project Sparkle is nearing completion and the road map beyond is uncharted.

I was doing some reading on French Language forums (translate of course) and it seems like they think projects such as TSMM and an Adventureland addition may be on the docket. Now bluntly I put more credence on what you have to say, so I'm wondering if you've heard any rumblings on what's coming in the medium term.

If it's too early that's fine, I can imagine with the acquisition coming to a close things could still be up in the air.

Thanks!
Things seem more up in the air now with the different direction funding will be coming from, so I only know what's been proposed in the recent past; Soarin, TSMM, Marvel (all WDSP) and Mermaid or a water coaster for DLparc.

Donald Dutch

After five years, Disneyland Paris said goodbye to the Magic on Parade and Disney Dreams today. Had to share this nice video of the last parade performance from Pixiedust.be:

JDL30

Shareholders meeting note today confirms 2.1 Billion Euro investment plan over 10 years for Disneyland Paris, incl. Marvel attractions for Studios - sounds like plans for the resort are really moving forward.

Donald Dutch

With the new (very tall) parade floats comes one problem: when the floats line up before the parade starts, you constantly see Minnie / Mickey / Chip and Dale awkwardly waiting. On Magic on Parade, the Blue Fairy and the Fairy Godmother would squat/bend over a little untill the gates opened so they weren't that visible. In my opinion, they should really add some trees on the left side of the gates. Same goes for the gates at Town Square... Of course they also could line up the floats a bit further away.
29dh54g.png

The Empress Lilly

€15 to ride Hyperspace Mountain in advance.

#^$@!

You can tell DLP has been taken over by the unspeakable barbarians across the pond. What a sad and sorry bunch of mediocre lemon squeezers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom