Minor missing show effect that bugs you

Retroman40

Original Poster
For some time now the television screen showing the first lunar landing has been dark in Spaceship Earth. The audio still plays. Although "minor" it makes the scene looks dumb with a family staring at a TV that looks turned off and frankly is disrespectful of a major moment in history. I'm curious if there any other "little" things that don't work that really bug people?

Yert3

The two little bunnies raking leaves on Splash Mountain used to have three possible dialogs when you would pass them:

1:"Here comes Br're Rabbit."
"Then Br're Fox and Br'er Bear can't be too far behind."

2: "Why look, it's Br'er Rabbit."
"And Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear are highly zealous ."

3: "Look yonder, there goes Br'er Rabbit."
"Being chased by Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear. As usual."

Now the only one that plays now a days is #3. Why were the other two omitted? Who knows. Just brings a little less variety to each ride through.

Goofyernmost

For some time now the television screen showing the first lunar landing has been dark in Spaceship Earth. The audio still plays. Although "minor" it makes the scene looks dumb with a family staring at a TV that looks turned off and frankly is disrespectful of a major moment in history. I'm curious if there any other "little" things that don't work that really bug people?
I have been going to WDW for many years, and the only thing that has ever bothered me at all is that TV scene that you are referring too. All the others I look at as only visible to those that have been before and happened to notice something working before and now noticed it wasn't. My way of thinking is that if a new person would not notice something was broken then it is minor. However, with the TV, it is noticeable to absolutely everyone new or old. There's a family all staring at a black screen intently. From what we have been told they were waiting for a part, but, there were so many simple things that they could have done to "fill in" while they waited. That is the first real example of "really bad show" that I have seen in years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've said it elsewhere, parts are on order for the TV. Not ideal I know but it's not been forgotten about.

We could talk about the misting effects in the ToT or on Everest. Instead of a solution being sought they just switched them off.

Cmdr_Crimson

Everest's Bird on a stick...
bird2_209.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom