Disney Illuminations (aka Ignite the Dream Paris)

Belpois2712

DLP released the opening scene of their new spectacular.

But it does look... and sound... strangely familiar. (At least we know that English recording didn't go to waste)

I wish that Disney didn't reuse the song from such a young castle park. I was hoping for an original score since it was a new show for the 25th anniversary. Eh, well we will see what Disney has in store.

deix15x8

Taking from Shanghai for Paris doesn't bother me much. Right now it seems like the resorts have two clear groupings; the Disney parks (Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disneyland Paris) and the Asian parks (Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai). As long as they don't duplicate within the groups I feel like the location/language barriers reduce the guest and experience overlap enough. If the new Magic Kingdom show ends up being a third copy of this show though, now that would be a problem since Paris would already have it.

The thing that bothers me more, ironically as an American that speaks English, is the amount of English in it. While I appreciate being able to understand every word, part of what I really enjoyed and appreciated about my trip to Paris, and Disney Dreams specifically, was how well it balanced and used French and English together. I felt like I could still understand everything while still knowing I was in France. In that intro at least that is clearly missing. I'm hoping it's not because it was ported to English for the Magic Kingdom and then ported to work on the Paris castle.

MTBaymax

Original Poster
Looks like they might surprise us all yet. (Seeing as the intention was completely French language, Davison is subtitled)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom