Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
No problem on the time line, either works for me honestly. If you're inspired more by the Winchester house then go for it.

The Winchester house is fascinating! There is so much intrigue there and I feel like this is an ideal inspiration for a Haunted Mansion.

. I always that it would be cool for the mansion to have a panel that slid open in an unexpected area and you travel through a secret passage; and with the Winchester House as a model, it's seems like a perfect fit.

I like these ideas, Space. There's a lot if references to the Haunted Mansion but enough here to separate it as it's own entity.
Awesome -- I'm going to flesh this out more today.

The reason why the Stanley Hotel and the Biltmore are also on there is for the queue.

If anyone remembers the Shining, there is a massive hedge maze - which ends up playing a large role in the end of the film- but that's not impt right now.

I've always found it creepy to have the queue go through a maze of bushes at one point, to kinda disorient you with your surroundings. The maze could even be a cemetery of sorts with tombs stacked into the walls of the maze as you go around, with the comic relief of "Here lies good old fred, a great big rock fell on his head" stuff like that.
hedge.jpg

And the Biltmore because it has a garden --
aff3d13ac454526f7485e90cc5a29a4c.jpg

Which the angle its at...if its an abandoned garden...would just be such a neat image to look up at the sprawling Haunted Mansion from the queue

FigmentPigments

Awesome -- I'm going to flesh this out more today.

The reason why the Stanley Hotel and the Biltmore are also on there is for the queue.

If anyone remembers the Shining, there is a massive hedge maze - which ends up playing a large role in the end of the film- but that's not impt right now.

I've always found it creepy to have the queue go through a maze of bushes at one point, to kinda disorient you with your surroundings. The maze could even be a cemetery of sorts with tombs stacked into the walls of the maze as you go around, with the comic relief of "Here lies good old fred, a great big rock fell on his head" stuff like that.
hedge.jpg

And the Biltmore because it has a garden --
aff3d13ac454526f7485e90cc5a29a4c.jpg

Which the angle its at...if its an abandoned garden...would just be such a neat image to look up at the sprawling Haunted Mansion from the queue
I like it, especially the the hedge maze queue. I think that would be perfect for the immersive theming we are aiming for.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
It definitely will.

I really wish they would do away with the overhang, but I understand why they keep it. Should just elongate the stable or something to incorporate it into the theme better.
Yeah I agree -- I like what they tried to do with the extended queue, but the last few times we've gone on it, we skip it because it was late at night and there was no line so you had an option:bookworm:

Disney Dad 3000

I kind of shied away from commenting too much after the first few days on the club 32 panels just because there were so many contributions and some really talented people. I had been thinking some more about this villains area so thought I'd go ahead and post. I think I'd mentioned early on that I loved the idea of a villains land/mini-land, but didn't know how large scale Disney would ever consider something like that. Having a 5 year old gives me a parent's perspective looking at DW, so I tend to see things through that lens. The only issue I could ever foresee with a true villains area would be is there a segment of the park-going public that might automatically rule out a chunk of the park if it was built.
I know one of the things coming up on the FL side of things is balancing out major E ticket type rides with more C/D type rides. I think there will always be a place for the slow paced, minor tech type rides at DW that gives a park like MK it's variety.

Had a kid/family friendly attraction been considered yet for the villain mini-land? I think I'd read all the pages but don't think I saw anything. Just was kicking around the idea of a less intense C/D attraction. Something along the lines of a Villain Academy. There have been quite a few inept villains over the years in Disney/Pixar films and many of them have gathered at the academy to be rehabilitated to go back out and do good in the world. Of course they will all be hopeless. But picturing going through different scenes with them squabbling with each other, failing at doing good deeds, the Evil Queen in the academy kitchen slicing mounds of apples because she didn't follow rules, etc. Just a thought. If not as a ride, maybe as a Muppet 3-d theater type attraction with a few physical sets and screen.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I kind of shied away from commenting too much after the first few days on the club 32 panels just because there were so many contributions and some really talented people. I had been thinking some more about this villains area so thought I'd go ahead and post. I think I'd mentioned early on that I loved the idea of a villains land/mini-land, but didn't know how large scale Disney would ever consider something like that. Having a 5 year old gives me a parent's perspective looking at DW, so I tend to see things through that lens. The only issue I could ever foresee with a true villains area would be is there a segment of the park-going public that might automatically rule out a chunk of the park if it was built.
I know one of the things coming up on the FL side of things is balancing out major E ticket type rides with more C/D type rides. I think there will always be a place for the slow paced, minor tech type rides at DW that gives a park like MK it's variety.

Had a kid/family friendly attraction been considered yet for the villain mini-land? I think I'd read all the pages but don't think I saw anything. Just was kicking around the idea of a less intense C/D attraction. Something along the lines of a Villain Academy. There have been quite a few inept villains over the years in Disney/Pixar films and many of them have gathered at the academy to be rehabilitated to go back out and do good in the world. Of course they will all be hopeless. But picturing going through different scenes with them squabbling with each other, failing at doing good deeds, the Evil Queen in the academy kitchen slicing mounds of apples because she didn't follow rules, etc. Just a thought. If not as a ride, maybe as a Muppet 3-d theater type attraction with a few physical sets and screen.
This is a great idea. More of a humorous attraction than anything. I think it would fit very well and offer something kid friendly as well. And I agree with you -- it will even out the land.

You'd have the E-ticket thrill ride Bald Mountain that @orlando678- and @gonzoWDW are gonna work on
Then you have a D/E Ticket Haunted Mansion omnimover
And then a kid friendly C-ticket attraction

Add in the restaurants, shops, and atmosphere -- it'll be a great land!

FigmentPigments

I like this Villains academy thing; it sounds like it could be pretty funny.

Kronk and Yzma sound like they could be headliners. :hilarious:

Snoops and Madame Medusa, Prince John, the Sheriff of Nottingham, and Sir Hiss, Edgar, and oooh, could you image like a house of mouse thing where Auto takes the place of Mic? I could see him droning on in his monotone voice.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Really love the maze idea Space!! Are you planning on making the Mansion a creepy, but well kept building, or abandoned? Kind of like The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland vs. Disneyland Paris.

You could also make the maze hedges black instead of green.
A combination of sorts. The design of it will be well-designed on the exterior. Like Walt's original intention - he wanted the exterior to be well kept and look nice, and let the ghosts deal with what's on the inside.

So the inside will be filled with cobwebs and things like that. And I like the black maze hedge, almost like all of the green has eroded off of them!

Daveeeeed

A combination of sorts. The design of it will be well-designed on the exterior. Like Walt's original intention - he wanted the exterior to be well kept and look nice, and let the ghosts deal with what's on the inside.

So the inside will be filled with cobwebs and things like that. And I like the black maze hedge, almost like all of the green has eroded off of them!
Exactly! I agree that the exterior should look nice, creepy, but nice.

Poe Dameron

Really like this concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom