Decrease in quality at BoG dinner?

I was just commenting on another thread about BOG. Had breakfast there on New Years Eve. The setting was stunning. The food and service left me wanting. Food was overpriced for what you get. Wait staff seemed harried and were not friendly. My sister-in-law's eggs were ice cold. No apology from the waiter and it took a good 15 minutes before they brought out a replacement, again with no apology. I'll concede that it was a busy day and maybe we just were there when things were "off." I'm glad we did it once, but I wouldn't go back (not on my dime anyway). There are so many other places I'd rather try/try again.

Hockey89

I was just commenting on another thread about BOG. Had breakfast there on New Years Eve. The setting was stunning. The food and service left me wanting. Food was overpriced for what you get. Wait staff seemed harried and were not friendly. My sister-in-law's eggs were ice cold. No apology from the waiter and it took a good 15 minutes before they brought out a replacement, again with no apology. I'll concede that it was a busy day and maybe we just were there when things were "off." I'm glad we did it once, but I wouldn't go back (not on my dime anyway). There are so many other places I'd rather try/try again.
Nah.... That is BOG for breakfast... Staff not friendly and harried... Food cold and just bad... I can cook better eggs drunk

MickeyMomV

Since it opened we have said we thought the dinner was overrated. Its probably worth going to once to see the restaurant itself and meet The Beast. Admittedly we have not had breakfast or lunch there.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'll agree with those who say its overrated. We've eaten there three times since its opened, once for Lunch, twice for supper and unless the menu or quality improves will not eat there again.

The facility is absolutely gorgeous (with the exception of the creepy babies on the ballroom), but the food isnt all that good and its just like a myriad of institutional dining facilities when it comes to noise levels.

Kevin_W

I'm a huge BOG fanatic, but I have to say, I definitely didn't feel my most recent dinner there was as good as the previous ones. It might have just been what I ordered (always ordering different things to try it all) and the pork definitely wasn't as exciting as the steak, lamb, and shrimp&scallops I've had in the past.

We haven't eaten there in a couple years, but the pork was possibly my favorite dish I've eaten at a WDW restaurant.

LeighM

We've eaten dinner at BoG twice for dinner. We didn't notice a difference in quality of the food at dinner - we've always had a great experience with that. But we did notice that service quality was different. Our server was extremely busy, took a while to get our drinks and then refills. Long time between the time we had finished the entree to when she came back to ask about dessert. And it felt like forever before she came back to take our payment. Because of that, we wanted to try new places for our last trip.

tribbleorlfl

We've only eaten there once for dinner, back in 2015. While I wouldn't say we had a bad meal (the food was perfectly fine). I suppose the setting, difficulty in obtaining ADR's and prices set my expectations higher than what was delivered. I also recall the Beast not being available for meet and greets the whole time we were there.

Lunch on the other hand, is still one of my favorite meals on property.

aladdin2007

We haven't eaten there in a couple years, but the pork was possibly my favorite dish I've eaten at a WDW restaurant.

we had dinner here a couple weeks ago, and thought it had greatly improved. the pork was excellent and huge. we did not feel rushed or hurried by our server. All the servers around us seemed very friendly, but I imagine they are worn out, our server while very efficient and friendly was not over chatty and you could tell just very tired. But I think in general because the place is just so blaring loud you feel rushed, but we did not feel a push to eat and get out. Now lunch we will never do again, its chaos trying to find a table, get your drinks, and an absolute zoo, so if we were ever to return it would be dinner only, aside from the noise we enjoyed it. The check in process is much smoother now as well.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wasn't going to post because we've only eaten there twice for dinner and 3 times for lunch but I did notice a major change from 2013 to 2016 at dinner. 2013 everything was great food, service and atmosphere. Fast forward to 2016 dinner service was SLOW, the food came out under cooked and in the case of roasted beets in the salad RAW, service was so slow we couldn't send the salad back, couldn't order a second glass of wine and I almost forgot I got a dirty look when asking to wait to order drinks so I could pair the wine with the food as for atmosphere it was much noisier and kids were running around and climbing. Lunch on the other hand was very good each time:joyfull:

ratherbeinwdw

I was so disappointed when we went in December. The first couple of times we had dinner there the food , the service, and the atmosphere were all top notch. The lighting was perfectly subdued. The ambience was very romantic. The place was full, but very quiet. Most people were dressed for a nice restaurant.
In December, the lights were barely dimmed. The noise level was horrible. Kids were running around. Most guests were in their park clothes. The food was terribly under-cooked, and the service was slow. It was not much different than lunch, except people weren't standing around waiting for your table.
I really believe the lighting was part of the problem.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I was so disappointed when we went in December. The first couple of times we had dinner there the food , the service, and the atmosphere were all top notch. The lighting was perfectly subdued. The ambience was very romantic. The place was full, but very quiet. Most people were dressed for a nice restaurant.
In December, the lights were barely dimmed. The noise level was horrible. Kids were running around. Most guests were in their park clothes. The food was terribly under-cooked, and the service was slow. It was not much different than lunch, except people weren't standing around waiting for your table.
I really believe the lighting was part of the problem.

Very sad yet not surprised to hear this

Hockey89

No, both on their menu, websites, and other sources all state that the French Onion soup at BOG is vegetarian with a vegetable base instead of a beef base. I was happily surprised.
This explains the lack of depth of flavor vs great ones... Disappointing but now it makes sense...

KrzyKtty

This explains the lack of depth of flavor vs great ones... Disappointing but now it makes sense...
It gets amazing reviews all over the Internet, but I can understand, to each his own. But as a vegetarian, it is nice to know that Disney doesn't forget us either. So often restaurants make their vegetarian second thought dishes. A vegetarian French Onion Soup that gets the reviews it does shows that it isn't a throw away thought. It is appreciated.

Their Potato Leek soup is also Vegetarian.

Hockey89

It gets amazing reviews all over the Internet, but I can understand, to each his own. But as a vegetarian, it is nice to know that Disney doesn't forget us either. So often restaurants make their vegetarian second thought dishes. A vegetarian French Onion Soup that gets the reviews it does shows that it isn't a throw away thought. It is appreciated.

Their Potato Leek soup is also Vegetarian.
I don't disagree that it's nice for Vegetarians. You guys are people too... ;).... But I thought it lacked something from having plenty of them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom