deleted

Figments Friend

Thought this might make for some interesting conversation....

So a friend of mine seems to beleive that 'Paint The Night' will be migrating to DCA when it returns this Summer.
I would treat this as only a tiny rumor at this point, but the thought of such got my brain thinking about some things.
Perhaps our intrepid crew here may have further insights.

I do recall a little talk about this a while back, and at some point I could see the Parade hopping over across the way...but as soon as this Summer..?

If this does end up happening, the more I think about it the more I can see a possible reasoning behind it.
With the new edition of 'Fantasmic!!' opening this Summer and attracting the likely massive crowds wanting to see the updated version, running PTN over at DCA might not be a bad idea.
It would certainly help with dispensing the crowds around....balancing things in the evening a bit between the two Parks instead of everything 'new' being over at Disneyland.

Thoughts..?
How would YOU feel about 'Paint' returning, but over at DCA...?

-

Disney Analyst

So a friend of mine seems to beleive that 'Paint The Night' will be migrating to DCA when it returns this Summer.
I would treat this as only a tiny rumor at this point, but the thought of such got my brain thinking about some things.

I do recall a little talk about this a while back, and at some point I could see the Parade hopping over across the way...but as soon as this Summer..?

If this does end up happening, the more I think about it the more I can see a possible reasoning behind it.
With the new edition of 'Fantasmic!!' opening this Summer and attracting the likely massive crowds wanting to see the updated version, running PTN over at DCA might not be a bad idea.
It would certainly help with dispensing the crowds around....balancing things in the evening a bit between the two Parks instead of everything 'new' being over at Disneyland.

Thoughts..?

-

Unfortunately the floats are way too tall for the wires in DCA. And anyway, Disneyland has run Fantasmic, night parade, and fireworks many times in the past... Won't be an issue.

Figments Friend

All true.
I had totally forgotten about the wires.

I remember being at Disneyland in the Summer of 2015 during the 60th when all three Shows were running.
A bit crazy crowd wise moving around, but if you wanted to see the trio that night you could.

As you had said, they have been doing all three for years so no worries.

-

Practical Pig

I read rumor of PTN moving to DCA when it returns for a spell someplace, partly due to the popularity of the Electrical Parade's return and a prediction that it's run would be extended, both topics I haven't followed. I didn't think of the wires issue either. Would that still be a problem if the Frozen float was omitted? In any case, I don't know where I saw that, and didn't form an opinion on the credibility.

Curious Constance

My wife completely shares my interests...maybe just not as passionate as I am though : )

She is actually the one that suggested we get DL AP's again a few weeks ago...she actually had to convince me of all people.
I always mean to tell you, me and my family are originally from Pennsylvania. I grew up there, and my dad and brother are huge Steeler fans. We lived about two hours from Pittsburgh.

Stevek

I always mean to tell you, me and my family are originally from Pennsylvania. I grew up there, and my dad and brother are huge Steeler fans. We lived about two hours from Pittsburgh.
My dad grew up in the area and passed is love of the Steelers and the Pirates on to me. Still a big time Steelers fan...not so much the Pirates anymore. I have yet to go back there, we keep saying we're going to go back for a game every year but hasn't happened yet.

Curious Constance

My dad grew up in the area and passed is love of the Steelers and the Pirates on to me. Still a big time Steelers fan...not so much the Pirates anymore. I have yet to go back there, we keep saying we're going to go back for a game every year but hasn't happened yet.
My dad and brother now live out in Oregon near me, but they were able to go back last year for a game for the first time in a few years. When I was a kid, I was a huge Pirates fan. We went to so many games at Three Rivers Stadium. Now as an adult, I'm not much of a sports fan anymore, still have fond memories of it though. :) My favorite was Bobby Bonilla. Even got to meet him once and get his autograph. lol

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Thoughts..?

-

Personally I love the Paint the Night Parade and would love to see it anywhere. I think it is a upbeat parade with a lot of detail. I am Main Street Electrical Paraded out with seeing it for so long at WDW's Magic Kingdom. I love the song and how it blends in the Main Street Parade, it makes it, the parade, fresher for me, if that makes sense after I just complained about the Main Street parade. The song from PTN is one of my morning jams as I get ready for work. :)

brb1006

Personally I love the Paint the Night Parade and would love to see it anywhere. I think it is a upbeat parade with a lot of detail. I am Main Street Electrical Paraded out with seeing it for so long at WDW's Magic Kingdom. I love the song and how it blends in the Main Street Parade, it makes it, the parade, fresher for me, if that makes sense after I just complained about the Main Street parade. The song from PTN is one of my morning jams as I get ready for work. :)
I still don't think PTN won't feel as well at WDW. Especially after knowing how perfect the previous electrical parade (Spectromagic) was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom