News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Bacon

I'm going to guess Brave for UK.
giphy.gif

Brave is a movie based around Scotland NOT the UK. it also takes 0.55 hours to get from the Uk to Scotland or backwards

HMF

You write that because I didn't respond within 48 minutes? Get a freakin life.

I already told you. You are visiting a starport that offers interplanetary travel. That is a story. So is, "you are visiting a haunted house," which is the full extent of Haunted Mansion's story. All of the visuals support each story.

Every Disney ride has a story. That's what the Imagineers start with. Watch their DPB videos. Even the freakin toilets have a story. How successfully the theming supports the story is what varies, but they don't just build a coaster, paint it green, and call it The Riddler like some.
Here we go again.
http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2006/11/myth-of-story.html

raven

Simply follow the Disneyland model for dark rides. They should be able to shoehorn in 3 or 4 rides if they decided to.
If they only would! We need more at MK. Alice, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Indy, Roger Rabbit, Storybook Canal, Casey Jr., Nemo Submarines, Castle Walkthrough, Star Tours, Matterhorn. These are all the rides at DL that MK doesn't have, and DL has 1/2 the space of MK! Disneyland Fantasyland is so dense with attractions that you get confused sometimes as to where they are. It feels much larger than it actually is.

doctornick

The Gondola will need some redesigning back there. Anything more depends on what attraction -if any -they go for.

It does make sense that they would build a UK attraction in conjunction with building the gondola station given the space in question. So, with the gondola system likely starting construction soon, hopefully they would also finalize/fund/start construction on whatever this UK thing would be -- even if it is just a B ticket, it would be nice to have something addition on that side of WS. And, no offense to the many Brits on this site, I think UK is probably the most boring of the WS pavilions and could use the spark of something new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom