News World Drive Magic Kingdom Intersection Re-Design

raven

Just drove from the north entrance of Disney property to Disney Springsfor the first time in ages. The roads are a mess! Huge piles of dirt everywhere.

peter11435

Northeast, sorry.

I'm not aware of any construction or giant piles of dirt on the northeast side of Epcot. I'm assuming you're referring to the Epcot center drive and Buena Vista Drive interchange. That's a very large project that has seen lots of progress and is nearing completion. It's been less than two years.

raven

I'm not aware of any construction or giant piles of dirt on the northeast side of Epcot. I'm assuming you're referring to the Epcot center drive and Buena Vista Drive interchange. That's a very large project that has seen lots of progress and is nearing completion. It's been less than two years.
That's the one. Still very large dirt piles, you can't miss them. I realize it's a big project but it isn't exactly brain surgery. Bigger areas have been completed in less time.

Anyway, MK area is looking better and shouldn't take all that long. They'd be wise to move the toll plaza closer to the actual parking lot though.

mm121

Anyway, MK area is looking better and shouldn't take all that long. They'd be wise to move the toll plaza closer to the actual parking lot though.

there's been talk that it was being moved, though i haven't seen it reflected in the drawings

and it doesnt really need to be moved as long as the transportation situation around it is corrected so

the parking toll plaza could definitely use a ground up redesign though, though we have to keep in mind is is just a parking plaza afterall, and they dont want the main theming to start till guests get actually into the park

articos

there's been talk that it was being moved, though i haven't seen it reflected in the drawings

and it doesnt really need to be moved as long as the transportation situation around it is corrected so

the parking toll plaza could definitely use a ground up redesign though, though we have to keep in mind is is just a parking plaza afterall, and they dont want the main theming to start till guests get actually into the park
Underneath the shell, that's the original structure. It's pretty well untouched. The booths have been replaced but the plaza dates to opening.

Bolt

A lot of progress last week with the lane shift and as you can see, the removal of the entry sign (letters being removed).

IMG_6501.PNG

peter11435

That's the one. Still very large dirt piles, you can't miss them. I realize it's a big project but it isn't exactly brain surgery. Bigger areas have been completed in less time.

They had to build two new ramps and two new overpasses over an existing in use roadway then connect them to another existing in use roadway and now they are demolishing the old overpasses and ramps. It takes time when you have to maintain traffic flow throughout the entire project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom