New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

disney4life2008

@disney4life2008 , I absolutely understand where you are coming from, and you are more than entitled to your opinion (just like everyone else) but, it may be a better if you didn't talk in absolutes (ex. The show is tragic vs. I think the show is tragic), in order to allow room for others. For instance Poster A says, "I loved Rivers of Light! It is one of my new favorite shows!", but then you say "How can anyone like the show, it was tragic?" It can shut them down a bit, and temper there excitement. The truth is that everyone has a different opinion, for instance I know someone who thought the Castle Cake, Hat and Wand were the best things to grace WDW, and they hate RoE, but that does not make their opinion any less valid then yours or mine.

Well said!!!

brb1006

So have they finally stopped blocking videos showing ROL? I refuse to watch any videos of the show if the audio is altered.

Ag11gani

So have they finally stopped blocking videos showing ROL? I refuse to watch any videos of the show if the audio is altered.

Not that I recommend watching a video before seeing a show in person, especially with RoL, various sites have untamoered versions on Vimeo.

My person favourite is the multi angle one by Blog Mickey.

flyerjab

Not keeping them hidden so much any more I guess.

IMG_6925.JPG

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@disney4life2008 , I absolutely understand where you are coming from, and you are more than entitled to your opinion (just like everyone else) but, it may be a better if you didn't talk in absolutes (ex. The show is tragic vs. I think the show is tragic), in order to allow room for others. For instance Poster A says, "I loved Rivers of Light! It is one of my new favorite shows!", but then you say "How can anyone like the show, it was tragic?" It can shut them down a bit, and temper there excitement. The truth is that everyone has a different opinion, for instance I know someone who thought the Castle Cake, Hat and Wand were the best things to grace WDW, and they hate RoE, but that does not make their opinion any less valid then yours or mine.
I liked the castle cake... not the hat or wand:depressed:. You are right, everyone has different opinions:)

HauntedMansionFLA

prfctlyximprct

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know it's been photographed to death, but feel I have to get some photos in now actually being here to see it. Not to mention the stalking, and the stalking of @prfctlyximprct 's Twitter stalking.

Anyway, this theater is a thing of beauty.

View attachment 194199

View attachment 194200

Both those pictures show an empty row near the front of the theater. Why is it empty? Because of the stone bench. People walking into the theater first see the wooden bench. And then when they see an empty stone bench (especially when everyone behind the empty bench put their feet on it), they think it's a low stone wall divider. Happens all the time. A section will be packed and a third row stone bench will be empty.

flyerjab

I dont know how someone can say this show is amazing. I guess perception vs reality is true.

That applies to what some will think of you when you post something like that.

Anyway, this show was incredible. We were 7 rows up and almost at the middle (one section away from where the floats come out). The first thing I will say is that the floats are much bigger than I thought, and they come real close to stands.

IMG_6952.JPG

Also, the size of the water projections on the water screen were so clear. That was actually mesmerizing for me (and my daughter- she was blown away by this show).

IMG_6954.JPG

In short, I loved it! I think it is the most beautiful of the nighttime shows without a doubt. And the music is also my favorite. Well done Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom