Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

If you are a Zelda fan, run to your nearest retailer and pick up the game and any necessary hardware. It is definitely the best since Ocarina, and the scale is much more vast than Ocarina.

You'll have to decide if spending $300+ for one game is worth it :). I just spent $100 on amiibo so I could get more in game stuff, and I never do that.
Which basically means get a Switch because I haven't seen a Wii U available for months and probably will never again since it's been discontinued.

Also, you do know that the Amiibos are only giving you things a little early and that you can still get all of that stuff in game right? :)
I've played a ton and haven't gotten to a dungeon yet. I've heard there are only 4.
I had a feeling based on that cutscene. Doesn't bother me. Majora's Mask also only had 4 and I love that game.

JT3000

Developers are still putting weapon breaking mechanics in games? Eww. I like to keep the items I've worked for, thank you very much. But if Zelda is your thing, I hope you enjoy it. I'm too busy hunting robots to follow along.

Mike S

Developers are still putting weapon breaking mechanics in games? Eww. I like to keep the items I've worked for, thank you very much. But if Zelda is your thing, I hope you enjoy it. I'm too busy hunting robots to follow along.
Enjoy Horizon. It certainly looks interesting.

Is this supposed to act like the Switch is the first console to have issues at launch and ignore that the majority of players aren't having problems? Nintendo historically makes very reliable hardware. I expect the Switch to be no different. This isn't to say it never fails but it happens much less often than other consoles (red ring of death says hi).

Also at the last part the "60-70 games" were never said to be out at launch. They're first year.

snek

Smh, all the comments on that video saying nintendo should just stop trying to innovate. Yea I'm sure that would work out well for the future of video games. :rolleyes:

On another note, I'm quite loving my switch and zelda. And after getting some hands on time with the machine, I think I'm gonna get snipperclips too. That will be very fun with friends.

Tom Morrow

Is this supposed to act like the Switch is the first console to have issues at launch and ignore that the majority of players aren't having problems? Nintendo historically makes very reliable hardware. I expect the Switch to be no different. This isn't to say it never fails but it happens much less often than other consoles (red ring of death says hi).

Things like software glitching can obviously be patched, but there's some pretty bizarre design choices, like the fact that it can scratch from being put in the dock, the dock itself being cheap and flimsy, and the Joycon bumper things being so easy to get stuck.

JustInTime

Which basically means get a Switch because I haven't seen a Wii U available for months and probably will never again since it's been discontinued.

Also, you do know that the Amiibos are only giving you things a little early and that you can still get all of that stuff in game right? :)

I had a feeling based on that cutscene. Doesn't bother me. Majora's Mask also only had 4 and I love that game.
Majoras mask is my favorite!

Mike S

Things like software glitching can obviously be patched, but there's some pretty bizarre design choices, like the fact that it can scratch from being put in the dock, the dock itself being cheap and flimsy, and the Joycon bumper things being so easy to get stuck.
Yeah, those are actual issues. I've been very careful with my Switch even before I read about the dock scratching. I don't really handle my dock much since setting it up though so it being "cheap" seems like a minor issue at best. I also don't plan to buy a second one.

I admittedly skipped around through the video because the stuff like what I mentioned was just groan worthy. It sucks when a console fails on you but it doesn't mean it's doomed. I should be used to it though. Nintendo's been "doomed" since 1995.

Cesar R M

hunting robots.. hmm.. playing automata?

Cesar R M

Also at the last part the "60-70 games" were never said to be out at launch. They're first year.
Id worry if the Switch gets to the Xbox 360 level figures. I mean.. 40-50% fail rate on the first revision.. 30%-40% on the second and 20-30% on the third..? that's absolutely outrageous.

JT3000

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Horizon Zero Dawn. Although I recently discovered the game's photo mode and decided to put down my bow in favor of starting a career in pretentious photography. Sadly I can't find anyone in the game who will pay me for my work.

I actually wonder if the Ubisoft project regarding Avatar will be similar to this game.

Jimmy Thick

Just finished Breath of the wild, really really great game.

Not in Witcher 3 or Dragon Age Origins class of elite gaming experiences, but a fantastic game. Reading through a lot of guides, I didn't come close to finding everything, sadly, I have no desire to go back and replay it. That I feel is why Mario sells more consoles, to this day I can still enjoy Mario 64. Wind Waker, in my opinion is still the best Zelda game ever made, but Botw is easliy number two.

But getting back to topic, I would love a Zelda themed dark ride, in the vein of Mermaid with the character based on the Wind Waker game, that would be epic.

Mike S

Just finished Breath of the wild, really really great game.

Not in Witcher 3 or Dragon Age Origins class of elite gaming experiences, but a fantastic game. Reading through a lot of guides, I didn't come close to finding everything, sadly, I have no desire to go back and replay it. That I feel is why Mario sells more consoles, to this day I can still enjoy Mario 64. Wind Waker, in my opinion is still the best Zelda game ever made, but Botw is easliy number two.

But getting back to topic, I would love a Zelda themed dark ride, in the vein of Mermaid with the character based on the Wind Waker game, that would be epic.
I'll tell you how it is when I beat the whole thing 100%. If I don't do that I never feel like I've really beaten a game. It also helps me get the absolute most out of the games I have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom