CRT or BOG for dinner?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
So, for an upcoming trip, we picked BOG for dinner. We have eaten there in the past for breakfast and dinner. At the time dinner was better than breakfast, but this was right after the grand opening. Reading other blogs, it seems that the dinner experience has gone down a bit in quality. We did CRT for breakfast and realized that the meal was waaay over priced. However the experience more so made it. So, what do you guys think? Which one is better than the other for dinner in particular?

KrzyKtty

I haven't done either yet, so I can't say. However, for our trip in June we booked CRT for Dinner and BOG for Lunch. We thought CRT was a bit more special and wanted that for the grand finale to the MK day.

LeighM

Since you've tried both restaurants, what are you hoping to experience this time? If it's to try something new, do dinner at CRT. Personally, I couldn't justify the prices at CRT for dinner if I've already had the experience of dining inside the castle because I didn't think the food was all that great. For the price, I would rather try a new to me buffet like Cape May or go back to 'Ohana, Liberty Tree Tavern, or Tusker House. Or try a signature restaurant. My husband and I try to dine at new places each trip though. If we absolutely loved something from a previous trip, we'll try it a second time. The only exception is 'Ohana - that one has become our tradition :) We were unable to eat there last trip because of Hurricane Matthew and I still feel cheated :mad:

Last edited:

ynahtebwdw

For dinner I would pick CRT. In all honesty there is not a great deal of difference when it comes to the quality of the food, but obviously you get all of the fun and princesses etc. at CRT

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Since you've tried both restaurants, what are you hoping to experience this time? If it's to try something new, do dinner at CRT. Personally, I couldn't justify the prices at CRT for dinner if I've already had the experience of dining inside the castle because I didn't think the food was all that great. For the price, I would rather try a new to me buffet like Cape May or go back to 'Ohana, Liberty Tree Tavern, or Tusker House. Or try a signature restaurant. My husband and I try to dine at new places each trip though. If we absolutely loved something from a previous trip, we'll try it a second time. The only exception is 'Ohana - that one has become our tradition :) We were unable to eat there last trip because of Hurricane Matthew and I still feel cheated :mad:
Mainly out of curiousity because I enjoyed the experience of being in both castles, but never had dinner in CRT and wondered if it was just as good or better than Be Our Guest

carriebeth

adults only or kids too? You could always do Be our Guest lunch since its a counter service credit if on dining plans and CRT dinner. Or you could do Askerhaus for a meal instead of those places since it is another "castle" and possible a different experience for you. And if there are kids the princesses are there.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
adults only or kids too? You could always do Be our Guest lunch since its a counter service credit if on dining plans and CRT dinner. Or you could do Askerhaus for a meal instead of those places since it is another "castle" and possible a different experience for you. And if there are kids the princesses are there.
Adults that are big kids at heart, seriously we would skip around MK if we could...oh wait. We did do that.

This past December we did both, I would say that both are way overpriced for dinner. BOG for lunch is the best bet. I would do Tony's and Plaza for dinner before we would do those two. We did them because this last trip was our 50th
anniversary and our kids sent us there with the premium dining plan so we had a lot of food credits to use up.

thomas998

Mainly out of curiousity because I enjoyed the experience of being in both castles, but never had dinner in CRT and wondered if it was just as good or better than Be Our Guest
Don't expect any better food at CRT... the only thing that might be better at CRT is the service because the place is smaller and less hectic. If you are looking for the best food I would be looking at a lot of other Disney places before I would get down to BOG or CRT... to me those are just experience first, food as an after thought places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom