News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No, it should be via slatted vents, designed to maximise airflow.

With a powered ventilation system, the windows could be part of the vent system but I would imagine that the intake(s) will be on the body somewhere and while louvered windows would be part of the vent system and the exhaust will be somewhere near but not on top (water ingress).

ToTBellHop

Plenty of resorts provide only one mode of transportation to certain destinations. The MK resorts provide monorail to Epcot (that you must transfer to) but there is no boat or bus and they are definitely not within walking distance. The crescent lake resorts provide boat but no bus to DHS and that is much further than most are willing to walk.

Don't expect for Disney to keep bus service to Epcot and DHS from those resorts. If a guest insists on not riding the gondolas but must use Disney transportation they can take a bus elsewhere and transfer. That's already Disney's answer to traveling to several destinations including the water parks.

Reducing instead of eliminating is not really feasible. Bus service is already generally 20-30 minutes between buses outside of peak periods. How much longer do want guests to have to wait.
Thankfully, the new transportation bus displays will make it easy to update guests whenever the gondola is down (e.g. Thunderstorms) and they need to take a bus. I would anticipate those displays coming to resort lobbies soon enough.

truecoat

I agree.. and more importantly, how great will this be when you or your small kids are tired and you just want to get back to the hotel as quickly as possible. I could see people rearranging their plans so they are at these parks last in preparation of the melt down!

You mean the same people that wait for a bus? This is going to be much quicker.

TimeTrip

Why do they need simulations? They have daily actual data.

No.. I mean simulate traffic waiting for the gondolas based on their actual data. This isn't a simple 1 point to 1 point system. There are multiple entry and exit points. There are 3 true end points , a group of 3 end points that can transfer between each other, and 1 mid-station load/unload.

I would hope that they ran a simulation based on their data and other projected levels of attendance run into the gondola network to see if there are any bottlenecks, or what wait times could be at the various load points. It would also include sub-optimal load time testing to handle slower parties, etc.

ev01

Has anyone seen this link?

http://orlandoinformer.com/blog/rumor-gondola-transportation-walt-disney-world/

2017-02-15_1513.png

So, in this map, it appears they are only showing the direction of the gondola traffic flow, not the actual path in which it would take. But, I think it's interesting that they show the Epcot gondola station on the opposite side of world showcase.

MCast

Has anyone seen this link?

http://orlandoinformer.com/blog/rumor-gondola-transportation-walt-disney-world/

2017-02-15_1513.png

So, in this map, it appears they are only showing the direction of the gondola traffic flow, not the actual path in which it would take. But, I think it's interesting that they show the Epcot gondola station on the opposite side of world showcase.

I thought that someone posted that earlier in the thread and it was proven to be incorrect based on the filed permits?

ev01

I thought that someone posted that earlier in the thread and it was proven to be incorrect based on the filed permits?
Okay I did not see that. Just interesting that the article claims to have information stating the circulated maps are not quite correct:

"Update 3:04PM: Shortly after publishing, a source familiar with the matter reached out to confirm that a gondola system is indeed coming to Walt Disney World. However, some of the details previously published, including the map circulating, is not entirely accurate. We have updated this article and the map with the latest information from the anonymous tipster."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Even though they allegedly updated the map, the original makes no sense. Why create a new back entrance to Epcot where they have it on the map? Not to mention it doesn't follow the permits filed.

MCast

Okay I did not see that. Just interesting that the article claims to have information stating the circulated maps are not quite correct:

"Update 3:04PM: Shortly after publishing, a source familiar with the matter reached out to confirm that a gondola system is indeed coming to Walt Disney World. However, some of the details previously published, including the map circulating, is not entirely accurate. We have updated this article and the map with the latest information from the anonymous tipster."

It's an interesting concept, though. That would have given Epcot three entrances/exits.

peter11435

The Maps earlier in this thread are correct

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

They have one tipster, we have half a dozen known and reliable insiders saying that our route, which follows all the known stations that have permits, is correct.

Grimley1968

It makes no sense to me why Disney would go with that map. It involves creating a whole new entrance to EPCOT and not utilizing the adequate amount of space the existing Intl. Gateway has for something like this and the rearranged security arrangements. And as others have pointed out, that map does not match the angles and locations of the drawings and permits posted early in this thread.

Marijil

Not concerned with air conditioning or efficiency or aesthetics....concerned about one of those heavy cars falling (or getting blown) off that little wire.....actually not the fall...the sudden stop at the end

Cesar R M

Same! I don't believe Pandora is opening until I see guests riding the rides.
Well, lets remember how they did the seven dwarf thing.
Bob Iger came to announce that thing.. to announce the announcement of soon to be opening attraction.
Because the ride wasn't yet working reliably.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom