working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Today is garbage day and it's windy here. One of the bins got blown over. :cautious: I went out to pick it up. We are out of salt and our driveway is a sheet of ice. I slipped and turned around back into the house. My husband's bringing home salt at lunch. Hopefully, I can get out there and melt all of that ice.
Sympathy like. I saw something on line about using boiling water and rubbing alcohol when you run out of salt, wish I could remember where:facepalm: Be careful!!!!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Today is garbage day and it's windy here. One of the bins got blown over. :cautious: I went out to pick it up. We are out of salt and our driveway is a sheet of ice. I slipped and turned around back into the house. My husband's bringing home salt at lunch. Hopefully, I can get out there and melt all of that ice.
Oh goodness! Be careful on that ice.

93boomer

Premium Member
Got my indoor walking done for a bit. Had to take a break and use the inhaler to breath. Starting to wonder if I have exercise-induced asthma/allergies. :arghh: Got to mention that to the doc next week. Hopefully, this cold weather disappears soon. I think we have all had enough!

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today I decided to try a workout that has been in its shrink wrap for 2 years. The reason I never opened it? The workout is 90 minutes. Wow. This is a crazy workout. Kicking up in headstands, push ups galore, squat-a-thon, break dance type moves. :hungover: Not in a hurry to do this one again. The next time I do it, I will make sure I eat more before hand! I did feel a bit sick at the end. I have to cook dinner yet and all I want to do is just stay on this couch. LOL :oops:

Goofyernmost

Hello-

Today I decided to try a workout that has been in its shrink wrap for 2 years. The reason I never opened it? The workout is 90 minutes. Wow. This is a crazy workout. Kicking up in headstands, push ups galore, squat-a-thon, break dance type moves. :hungover: Not in a hurry to do this one again. The next time I do it, I will make sure I eat more before hand! I did feel a bit sick at the end. I have to cook dinner yet and all I want to do is just stay on this couch. LOL :oops:
I think it is amazing how exercise allegedly makes everyone feel better. A number of years back I went to work one morning and the boss was in the hospital after a skiing accident where he veered off the trail and into a tree, head injury and broken ribs with punctured lung. That same weekend a young lady, also an employee had a skiing accident that resulted in a compound fracture of her leg and she was in a cast and using crutches for weeks. All I could think to say is that I wished that I was into sports and exercise so I could be as healthy as you two.:p:D

Sans Souci

I think it is amazing how exercise allegedly makes everyone feel better. A number of years back I went to work one morning and the boss was in the hospital after a skiing accident where he veered off the trail and into a tree, head injury and broken ribs with punctured lung. That same weekend a young lady, also an employee had a skiing accident that resulted in a compound fracture of her leg and she was in a cast and using crutches for weeks. All I could think to say is that I wished that I was into sports and exercise so I could be as healthy as you two.:p:D

Well, skiing is one thing you will never find me doing! :hilarious:

I've known too many people who've broken bones, too. But mostly, it requires being out in suboptimal weather i.e.snow, the cold. I have tried it twice and it's not for me. Not to mention, it's an expensive sport/recreation.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I didn't workout yesterday. I noticed there was water on the carpet coming from the closet in the hallway. I opened the closet door and noticed water dripping down. I was trying to determine where in the ceiling the water was dripping from and I pulled a muscle in my neck. I just took the day off and it feels better today.

Not too happy about the leak. We've quite a few issues since moving in and I am wondering if the home inspector actually inspected this house. I am hoping this doesn't cost an arm and leg to fix. :(

That's awful. I hope a plumber can find where the water is coming from, as you don't want mold in the walls if the dampness doesn't dry up.

Sans Souci

That's awful. I hope a plumber can find where the water is coming from, as you don't want mold in the walls if the dampness doesn't dry up.

I think it's the roof. :( We specially asked about this in the disclosure, because we paid for a new roof on our old house last year. The home inspector said it was in good condition. But I am worried about mold in the walls now, too. That's not a cheap remediation. :mad:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think it's the roof. :( We specially asked about this in the disclosure, because we paid for a new roof on our old house last year. The home inspector said it was in good condition. But I am worried about mold in the walls now, too. That's not a cheap remediation. :mad:

As the saying goes, just take it a day at a time. Look into a qualified professional to trouble shoot the issue, and hear about the recommendations. Sometimes, things seem a lot worse when you don't know what's going on. At least when you find out the facts, then you can relax a little, and determine the solution that's best for your situation. I wish you well--things usually have a way of straightening themselves out.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
With my feelings about cold and winter do you seriously think I'll ever go skiing?:D

Goofyernmost

With my feelings about cold and winter do you seriously think I'll ever go skiing?:D
Your feelings about cold and winter are pretty much a mirror image of mine. My last job as a transportation supervisor was to oversee the shuttle services that took people from the downtown Stowe, Vermont area hotels to the lodge at Mt. Mansfield. Many times I had to stand up there directing people to foolish to realize that it was way to cold out to even think about skiing, much less actually do it. I have been up there when the actual temperature was below zero and the wind was so strong that they had to shut down the "enclosed" gondola to the top because the gondolas were being blown sideways nearly at a 90 degree angle. Chill factor over -30 F.

I am amazed that, since it is obvious that I do not have a problem with expressing my feelings about stuff, that everyone was surprised when I announced my retirement to move South.

Sans Souci

As the saying goes, just take it a day at a time. Look into a qualified professional to trouble shoot the issue, and hear about the recommendations. Sometimes, things seem a lot worse when you don't know what's going on. At least when you find out the facts, then you can relax a little, and determine the solution that's best for your situation. I wish you well--things usually have a way of straightening themselves out.

I didn't mean to sound so crazy. LOL I am just exasperated with all the money that's been flying out the door since December for replacements/repairs. I think everyone experiences this at least once in their life. This, too, shall pass.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I didn't mean to sound so crazy. LOL I am just exasperated with all the money that's been flying out the door since December for replacements/repairs. I think everyone experiences this at least once in their life. This, too, shall pass.
I think you sounded just like every other home owner does at times, during the if it's not one thing it's the other times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom