Deluxe Resorts?

Marijil

Used to do Deluxe all the time, Poly (2x) GF Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge
I feel like I've just been priced out lately...rates have soared...even a cabin at FW is 500 plus per night???

drwadadli

Used to do Deluxe all the time, Poly (2x) GF Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge
I feel like I've just been priced out lately...rates have soared...even a cabin at FW is 500 plus per night???
Do you go down often? If you do, then you may want to look into getting an AP and AP's get large discounts on resorts or maybe even look into becoming a DVC member so you can stay at the deluxe resorts easier.

21stamps

How often do you go WDW? How big is your family? Answering those two questions will help decide if DVC is right for you.
DVC is a tough one. For me, numbers wise, it would make sense. However, I can not, and will not, book a vacation 11 months in advance. I know myself better than to even talk myself into thinking that I will. I'm too fickle.

So, DVC doesn't work for me, even though technically I would save money.

drwadadli

trying twice per year 3-5 depending on who goes, thinking more of aps
Personally, if you go twice a year, than AP's are the way to go if you are not interested in DVC. You would get free memory maker, hopper tickets, free parking (if you stayed off-property), discount meals and discount lodging at the resorts.

DiSnEyF@n

Personally, if you go twice a year, than AP's are the way to go if you are not interested in DVC. You would get free memory maker, hopper tickets, free parking (if you stayed off-property), discount meals and discount lodging at the resorts.

Totally agreed... I also believe that if 1 person in the group gets an AP then that could be beneficial too... I went 3 times in one year (about a year ago) and he went two times. I had the AP and he did not.... However, bc he went with me he got the perks of the memory maker, free parking and discounted meals - Just a thought. Only 1 person in your group needs to have the AP to get perks.

drwadadli

Totally agreed... I also believe that if 1 person in the group gets an AP then that could be beneficial too... I went 3 times in one year (about a year ago) and he went two times. I had the AP and he did not.... However, bc he went with me he got the perks of the memory maker, free parking and discounted meals - Just a thought. Only 1 person in your group needs to have the AP to get perks.
Absolutely correct and AP's get discount tickets so if one person in the group has an AP then that person can purchase discount tickets for the rest of the group (or at least my understanding is that an AP holder can purchase discount tickets for family and friends)

Last edited:

s&k'smom

@s&k'smom - That makes a lot of sense! When I was growing up we used to take breaks, but at this point my daughters a bit too young and doesn't stay up as late - so we tend to try and just push forward. I always have wanted to stay at the Polynesian since I first went to the Luau when I was 10 or so.[/Q

The Poly is on my daughter's list but we just switched to the WL as the savings were great. Poly on next trip!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom