The Imagineering Break Room

FigmentPigments

I may see you in September:D.

Idk when we'll go for sure though. We got an annual pass, so we are going to go for a weekend at some point. Plus Pandora is going to be pretty awesome!

Cool!

Yeah, we finally became annual pass holders too. I go down for races at least twice a year and then I like to go for my birthday and maybe around the holidays if I can swing it. It just made sense finacially. :happy:

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Cool!

Yeah, we finally became annual pass holders too. I go down for races at least twice a year and then I like to go for my birthday and maybe around the holidays if I can swing it. It just made sense finacially. :happy:
Same for us. We usually stay at the Shades of Green, so nightly rates are very affordable especially for being walking distance from the Monorail, but last trip we decided to spend 3 nights at Disney in front of and at the end of the cruise. First at Animal Kingdom Lodge for two nights (got upgraded from Parking/garden view to an epic Savannah view for free) and then 1 night at the Yacht Club (we got upgraded to concierge from Garden View) so it was spectacular especially for our first time staying at those two resorts.

spacemt354

Chili's
What do you guys think of naming some of your favorite Disney Quotes?

I'll start it off,
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." - Walt Disney.
Words that I try to live by
enhanced-buzz-24541-1383170623-9.jpg

tcool123

Anyone going to Disney World or Disneyland this year?
Sept 29th to Oct 2nd

I may see you in September:D.

Idk when we'll go for sure though. We got an annual pass, so we are going to go for a weekend at some point. Plus Pandora is going to be pretty awesome!
I was a passholder once a couple years ago. A 14 year old with no means to get to Disney was the only one to have a pass in his family. I used twice broke even by a dollar and got none of the AP perks. In other words a nonsensical gift since I couldn't really use it at all.

mickeyfan5534

What type of things do you like? Coasters? Also what type of food do you like? If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them for you:)
Not too crazy about coasters. I might end up avoiding Space Mountain full out because of the loop. I'm interested in all the 25 stuff, Mickey and the Magician (possibly the only reason I'll end up going in the Studios), and the little side things that other parks don't have the the dragon and the Alice Labrynth.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Not too crazy about coasters. I might end up avoiding Space Mountain full out because of the loop. I'm interested in all the 25 stuff, Mickey and the Magician (possibly the only reason I'll end up going in the Studios), and the little side things that other parks don't have the the dragon and the Alice Labrynth.
The Dragon is a must do! It's very cool. Pirates of the Caribbean in Paris is probably the best ride at the resort, but it might be closed when you go. Space Mountain is a very very good coaster, it's like a better version of The Rock n' Rollercoaster than Space Mountain, but if you don't want to it's not a deal breaker.

Please go on Big Thunder though... while I prefer SM DLP's Big Thunder is absolutely stunning as well as the entire Frontierland. The Phantom Manor is also great. Disney World's HM is superior for the ride itself, but the backstory makes up for it as it covers all of Frontierland. If you haven't yet, take a look at it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Manor

Overall Disneyland Parc Paris is just gorgeous. It's worth it between fast passes just to look around and see everything.

At Walt Disney Studios the Tower of Terror is a clone of DCA's, and is the last place to have that version.
Ratatouille is of course a must do.
I haven't done the Mickey show there, but I've heard it's fantastic.
While the park is absolutely horrifically ugly, the rides are very good. Crush's Coaster's spinning isn't bad at all, but instead adds to the curves, so you feel the G's. compare Crush with a non-looping RRC.
What makes Walt Disney Studios worse is because DLP Parc is so pretty.

I've been twice and the first time it was very crowded in August. The second time we went in May and the highest wait for Space Mountain was 15 minutes. Two completely different experiences no doubt.

The restaraunts I would recommend are Blue Lagoon (like Blue Bayou), Inventions (Buffet), and Bistro Chez Remy over at the Studios.
Videopolis is a nice place for a quick service lunch.

Overall coasters in DLP are more thrilling than WDW.

mickeyfan5534

The Dragon is a must do! It's very cool. Pirates of the Caribbean in Paris is probably the best ride at the resort, but it might be closed when you go. Space Mountain is a very very good coaster, it's like a better version of The Rock n' Rollercoaster than Space Mountain, but if you don't want to it's not a deal breaker.

Please go on Big Thunder though... while I prefer SM there Big Thunder is absolutely stunning as well as the entire Frontierland. The Phantom Manor is also great. Disney World's HM is superior for the ride itself, but the backstory makes up for it as it covers all of Frontierland. If you haven't yet, take a look at it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Manor

Overall Disneyland Parc Paris is just gorgeous. It's worth it between fast passes just to look around and see everything.

At Walt Disney Studios the Tower of Terror is a clone of DCA's, and is the last place to have that version.
Ratatouille is of course a must do.
I haven't done the Mickey show there, but I've heard it's fantastic.
While the park is absolutely horrifically ugly, the rides are very good. Crush's Coaster's spinning isn't bad at all, but instead adds to the curves, so you feel the G's. compare Crush with a non-looping RRC.
What makes Walt Disney Studios worse is because DLP Parc is so pretty.

I've been twice and the first time it was very crowded in August. The second time we went in May and the highest wait for Space Mountain was 15 minutes. Two completely different experiences no doubt.

The restaraunts I would recommend are Blue Lagoon (like Blue Bayou), Inventions (Buffet), and Bistro Chez Remy over at the Studios.
Videopolis is a nice place for a quick service lunch.

Overall coasters in DLP are more thrilling than WDW.
I'll only have two days at most so I'll really only have time for the best of the best. Noted on Ratatouille. I've seen a video of the Mickey show. Anything that uses the French version of Beauty and the Beast is a plus in my book, it's gorgeous. I'm genuinely curious about the two castle shows coming. The parade could go either way for me because the music and some of the IP choices are ridiculous but I appreciate the aesthetic. Illuminations is just Ignite the Dream on Paris's castle but I enjoy Ignite the Dream.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I'll only have two days at most so I'll really only have time for the best of the best. Noted on Ratatouille. I've seen a video of the Mickey show. Anything that uses the French version of Beauty and the Beast is a plus in my book, it's gorgeous. I'm genuinely curious about the two castle shows coming. The parade could go either way for me because the music and some of the IP choices are ridiculous but I appreciate the aesthetic. Illuminations is just Ignite the Dream on Paris's castle but I enjoy Ignite the Dream.
When Disney Dreams! was still around I loved it. If Illumination is anything like that you should definitely see it. Be warned though... the crowds are massive exiting the park in the Summer -- worse than what I have experienced at the Magic Kingdom after Wishes.

Since you are going for two days you might want to stay from opening until closing to maximize and be able to appreciate the lovely resort.

Probably do one or none of the restaraunts I mentioned since you you my have two days.

These are what I would consider must-do's over at DLP, but if here's any you don't want to do then that's okay! The ones in bold are the ones you should really try to do though.

Disneyland Parc Paris
Pirates of the Caribbean (best iteration of the original ride).
Big Thunder Mountain (also the best version)
Phantom Manor (a really cool take on the classic with an enchanting backstory, and a breathtaking score).
Peter Pan, Pinocchio, and Snow White. (classics you cannot go wrong with).
Space Mountain
Buzz (free movement blasters)
It's a Small World (if you don't have a lot of time no big deal -- just enjoy the beauty from the outside:D).

Walt Disney Studios
Ratatouille (Don't miss!)
Studio Backlot Tour (very nostalgic:p)
Crush's Coaster (one of the best themed spinning coasters on Earth).
Cinemagique (it's really good, but takes a while so you might want to skip it)
Tot & RRC (probably a skip since they're both in Orlando in similar iterations).

Since you're pressed on time, skip at least half of these at Walt Disney Studios, and spend some time enjoying the beautiful Disneyland Parc Paris.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom