Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl Sweatpants

The exterior shouldn't be anything like DCA. One version was a little over the top but I believe it's been toned down.
giphy.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Martin did make a reference a while back to think "out of the box"... I then made a comment regarding the coaster coming out of the show building... I think he liked or commented on that. So, I think there will be some sort of change to the appearance of the show building.

Part of my @marni1971 -ology has also put together this narrative from his bread crumbs:

[Part of] The GotG coaster will go into the UoE building which will require some modifications to the building. They're attempting something a bit more cutting edge than a standard coaster, which is now delaying the project, so, Ellen's version is safe for at least a year more. This is confirmed by @rushtest4echo 's comments that Vekoma is working on something unusual.

[edit added]

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WOW!!! :jawdrop: Once again...proof that Epcot was ahead of its time and even sadder that the powers at be think IP is the way forward.

It's been turning out that this whole left-brain v. right-brain isn't as clear cut as scientists thought and a heck of a lot more complex then the reductionist pop-science often found in 'edutainment' makes it out to be.

If the changes at Epcot obliterate the left v. right myth, then that's a good thing.

Earl Sweatpants

It's been turning out that this whole left-brain v. right-brain isn't as clear cut as scientists thought and a heck of a lot more complex then the reductionist pop-science often found in 'edutainment' makes it out to be.

If the changes at Epcot obliterate the left v. right myth, then that's a good thing.
Well, regardless, it proves that Epcot was planned and laid out with thought and immense attention to detail. Not with pushing corporate synergy which seems to be the way of the future.

Reactions: HMF

montyz81

Part of my @marni1971 -ology has also put together this narrative from his bread crumbs:

[Part of] The GotG coaster will go into the UoE building which will require some modifications to the building. They're attempting something a bit more cutting edge than a standard coaster, which is now delaying the project, so, Ellen's version is safe for at least a year more. This is confirmed by @rushtest4echo 's comments that Vekoma is working on something unusual.

[edit added]
I wonder, will it use the bottom track switch to top track layout that they once proposed for a villains ride where 20K used to be?

britain

And adding GotG is essentially an iron rod shooting right through the head of Phineas Gage. EPCOT will live, but it won't ever be the same.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, regardless, it proves that Epcot was planned and laid out with thought and immense attention to detail. Not with pushing corporate synergy which seems to be the way of the future.
You may also like to look at the aerial layout and notice the east side was all hard edges and straight lines. This related to hard, technical topics like Energy, transportation and human habitats.

The west side was all curved paths and waterways. This related to the more organic and less defined topics of Imagination, land and the seas.

EPCOT Center. So much detail for those who wanted to look.

Last edited:

njDizFan

I just don't see how all this can be pushed through in the next 5-7 years. So for DHS alone we were looking at a 3 billion expansion(I think those were the figures they were throwing around-right now we know of SWL and TSL). Animal Kingdom looks done now with Avatar and RoL. For the MK add on a possible Tomorrowland attraction and some other things for the 50th and now 2 billion for EPCOT(if we are using DCA numbers) and 2 new cruise ships. That could be what, 8+ billion within that timeframe. And this is just for WDW. I can't see this much getting approved but I can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom