Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushtest4echo

Excluding those flat rides referred to as coasters in Toy Story Land, Disney's only bought 3 coasters from Intamin- and all three of them have needed massive trackwork (outright replacement in Tokyo and Paris). Screamin's loop has been replaced, trims are all over the place to limit wear on the track that's cracking everywhere. It's pretty normal, even B&M's are covered in fractures that need to be rewelded and such every year. It's just the nature of tons of force being applied every couple of minutes to steel left out in the elements for years on end. What's not normal is that Intamins just happen to deteriorate faster which is odd considering they get much of the structural engineering done by the same guy as B&M, Vekoma, and Mack. Then there's the whole issue of Intamin's overall reliability and safety which leave much to be desired- but that's a completely different topic.

If the GotG coaster thingie ever actually gets built- I'm pretty confident that Vekoma will be the supplier and whatever that weirdness is at their plant looks to fit the bill.

jaxonp

What's funny is outside of the Walt Disney Company, Vekoma, hasn't really built anything that's been a huge success or that has lasted and been reliable.

aladdin2007

martin I know you can't divulge, but should we expect something outwardly garish and ugly like what they did to DCA's tower? or more internal, (I hope) but fearing the worst here aesthetically. if you can't say either way that's fine I understand.

Earl Sweatpants

This is vaguely off topic, but I just found this out and thought it was interesting.

Be honest, who actually knew Epcot was laid out like this on purpose?

C6-ChEPXEAAkS33.jpg

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
martin I know you can't divulge, but should we expect something outwardly garish and ugly like what they did to DCA's tower? or more internal, (I hope) but fearing the worst here aesthetically. if you can't say either way that's fine I understand.

Martin did make a reference a while back to think "out of the box"... I then made a comment regarding the coaster coming out of the show building... I think he liked or commented on that. So, I think there will be some sort of change to the appearance of the show building.

aladdin2007

Martin did make a reference a while back to think "out of the box"... I then made a comment regarding the coaster coming out of the show building... I think he liked or commented on that. So, I think there will be some sort of change to the appearance of the show building.

thanks, I figured it will be unrecognizable, its just what they did out west is an atrocity in appearance. I really don't want Epcot's skyline turned into six flags.

Reactions: HMF

Earl Sweatpants

Changes to the building exterior will most likely happen, just as long as it doesn't take on the characteristics of the DCA Tower...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The exterior shouldn't be anything like DCA. One version was a little over the top but I believe it's been toned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom