Decrease in quality at BoG dinner?

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
My family and I dined at BoG when it first opened, again in 2014 and then most recently during the summer of 2016.

The first two times we went the food was perfect, our waiter was polite, and we did not feel rushed at all during the meal. However, most recently our experience was almost the complete opposite. We dined at BoG three times over the course of two weeks (2x dinner and 1x lunch) and the food at dinner was cold and undercooked, as well as the poor waiter clearly being run off his feet and so was unable to change the food for us. One of our party's main meals came before his starter on one dining occasion.

At lunch, however, the food was back to the same high standard I had expected for BoG. Im wondering if anyone else has noticed a decline in quality (particularly of the dinner service) since the restaurant's early days, or whether we just went at a bad time. We're trying to decide whether to make reservations for our next trip, but don't want to waste money on a bad meal.

Phonedave

My family and I dined at BoG when it first opened, again in 2014 and then most recently during the summer of 2016.

The first two times we went the food was perfect, our waiter was polite, and we did not feel rushed at all during the meal. However, most recently our experience was almost the complete opposite. We dined at BoG three times over the course of two weeks (2x dinner and 1x lunch) and the food at dinner was cold and undercooked, as well as the poor waiter clearly being run off his feet and so was unable to change the food for us. One of our party's main meals came before his starter on one dining occasion.

At lunch, however, the food was back to the same high standard I had expected for BoG. Im wondering if anyone else has noticed a decline in quality (particularly of the dinner service) since the restaurant's early days, or whether we just went at a bad time. We're trying to decide whether to make reservations for our next trip, but don't want to waste money on a bad meal.

We did BoG for dinner 2X just after it opened and thought it was good - as in we didn't fell totally ripped off, which by WDW standards is high praise. Last time we went (last summer) it was not so good. Same things you noticed. Sloppy plating and service, an extremely rushed atmosphere, and the food was not quite up to the same quiality. Really not worth the inflated prices. We have decided to give it pass when we go this summer.

-dave

PrincessNelly_NJ

We've dined there many times. We find it to be inconsistent but in December, it was one of the best meals we've had at BOG ever.

Spectro

Based on previous reviews I have always booked lunch. the desserts don't seem to change and you still get to. enjoy the unbelievably beautiful restaurant. The onion soup is enough to eat there imho.

KrzyKtty

Based on previous reviews I have always booked lunch. the desserts don't seem to change and you still get to. enjoy the unbelievably beautiful restaurant. The onion soup is enough to eat there imho.
That is what I am looking forward to the most! The fact that they have a French Onion soup with a vegetarian option!! Sold!

21stamps

This isn't BOG, but sort of on topic..

Here was our dessert from our Garden Grill Candlelight Processional Dinner...
The entire experience (besides the characters) was horrible. Notice our salad plate in the background.. still on the table.

IMG_7571.JPG

I have not done BOG dinner, but both lunch and breakfast have been decent meals.

KrzyKtty

Quick question to anyone who has eaten it. Do you think that the French Onion Soup "Entree" is large enough for an entree? We will be using our QS DDP for this meal, and I CANNOT leave without trying it. However, I don't want to be hungry again an hour later in line. Should I order an entree and desert (gray stuff cupcake) and then the French Onion soup appetizer separately? Is that even possible?

21stamps

Quick question to anyone who has eaten it. Do you think that the French Onion Soup "Entree" is large enough for an entree? We will be using our QS DDP for this meal, and I CANNOT leave without trying it. However, I don't want to be hungry again an hour later in line. Should I order an entree and desert (gray stuff cupcake) and then the French Onion soup appetizer separately? Is that even possible?
Yes, you can pay out of pocket for appetizers when on the dining plan.

rob0519

It isn't just happening at BOG. In the past several visits, we've felt the quality of the dinner food, choices and service were definitely down from previous years at Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's and Hollywood and Vine. You can only push so many people through a sit down restaurant before quality starts to decline across the board. With attendance at all time highs the kitchen and wait staffs are pushed to their limits while management continues to look for ways to cut costs. A truly disastrous combination for the customers.

21stamps

It isn't just happening at BOG. In the past several visits, we've felt the quality of the dinner food, choices and service were definitely down from previous years at Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's and Hollywood and Vine. You can only push so many people through a sit down restaurant before quality starts to decline across the board. With attendance at all time highs the kitchen and wait staffs are pushed to their limits while management continues to look for ways to cut costs. A truly disastrous combination for the customers.
Garden Grill was the only bad experience that we had.. and oh was it BAD. We waited over an hour to be seated (arrived 10 minutes before our reservation). Party of 2.. took way too long to get our drinks, and salad, and food.. we were there almost 3 hours, without even having dessert, hence the above pictures cookies that were brought to us with our check. Never had refills, never had plates cleared.
We ended up missing the CP because we wouldn't have been able to do much else if went ahead with it. I was upset, but we gave our tickets away to a very excited couple.
It shouldn't have happened though.

belledream

I'm a huge BOG fanatic, but I have to say, I definitely didn't feel my most recent dinner there was as good as the previous ones. It might have just been what I ordered (always ordering different things to try it all) and the pork definitely wasn't as exciting as the steak, lamb, and shrimp&scallops I've had in the past.

Breakfast food has always been decent depending on what you get, but lunch is my overall favorite time of day!

carriebeth

We have only eaten there twice, both last September, once for lunch and once for dinner. This September we are repeating lunch and trying breakfast. We are not doing dinner. I don't have the past to compare it to but felt dinner was very unmemorable when speaking of the food. Just nothing special. I know some people say they feel lunch is chaotic but to me lunch went 100 times better as I could get up and get drink refills etc and not have to wait to capture the attention of our server. Dessert came out with entrees so we didn't have to wait again until our server noticed everyone was done, waiting on ordering dessert. Considering it is near impossible to get a table for a large family even at 180+10 for dinner and it was less than great we felt there was tons of other dining options we either enjoy or want to try out it wasn't worth scrambling to even try to get Be Our Guest dinner, taking whatever odd time was available, and then not being wowed by the food or service.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Just us - trying to figure out how the quality of a BOG Dinner could go DOWN..... :).
Lovely place - most attractive Cafeteria within MK :).
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

tractor tipper

Ate at BOG after first of the year for dinner with a party of nine. Everyone had a great time no complaints. Sister in law
thought it was the best of the trip. Really can't complain on any meals we had this trip or the service all were very good to excellent.
Stayed at POP ate at LTT(d), Cry Pal(brk), BOG(d), Cap Grill(D), Tusker(D), Aker(brk), and Tutto Italia(d).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom