Favourite smells at WDW

seplad94

Original Poster
I'm new to this board and this may have been asked before but I thought I'd ask anyway. Saw a thread yesterday about people's favourite music around the parks and got me thinking about favourite smells around WDW as well. Mine personally is the smell of the Contemporary! Any others?

Walter Elias Disney

Main Street Confectionery...Magic Kingdom
Main street does have vents at street level that blow scents of whatever your passing by onto the street. It was actually one of Walt's ideas. Main street does have scents pumped into the street from the Main Street Confectionery. In the summer, you can smell vanilla and Walt wanted peppermint coming out at Christmas time. This is not done as a marketing ploy, however. It is done in the spirit of Disney, providing you with the best possible experiences in sight, sound, and in this case, smell.

Captain Barbossa

The monorail (yes I just said the monorail), the spiced rum and gunpowder/sulfer smell in POTC, the WDWRR when you go through the tunnels, Spaceship Earth, DINOSAUR, and Muppet Vision.

LeighM

I have to second Big Top Souvenirs!! The first time I ever walked into that space, I knew I had found my happy place. My second favorite smell is the lobby of Grand Floridian. I have the same scent they use in my house :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom