Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I found this in regards to FLE -- hmm where is this?
Fantasyland_Full_12611.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...jan2011-new-fantasyland-concept-art/12619.htm

It was posted back in 2011 so I would assume it wasn't the 2009 FLE -- and I know artwork tends to look a bit more stylized but I don't recall this in the expansion.
I think that looks like it was meant to be a part of Belle's Village. Right now, the village is basically just Gaston's Tavern and a small gift shop. The picture implies it was meant to be more. Id guess that's abook store from the concept art. There's really no equivalent building in fantasyland irl

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I think that looks like it was meant to be a part of Belle's Village. Right now, the village is basically just Gaston's Tavern and a small gift shop. The picture implies it was meant to be more. Id guess that's abook store from the concept art. There's really no equivalent building in fantasyland irl
That was my assumption..it looks really nice though!

kap91

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...jan2011-new-fantasyland-concept-art/12619.htm

It was posted back in 2011 so I would assume it wasn't the 2009 FLE -- and I know artwork tends to look a bit more stylized but I don't recall this in the expansion.
Pretty sure that's just original art for Bonjour gifts. Overall shape of the building is the same. They just changed the style from Tudor/removed the half timbering. to something else.

IMG_3067.JPG

The other building was just flipped so the turret is next to Gastons.

IMG_3068.JPG

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
That was my assumption..it looks really nice though!
It does! In the Main Street on my Kansas Disneyland project, I had a book store where periodically throughout the day, different characters would come and read stories to kids. People like Wendy telling Peter Pan stories, Alice reading a book about Wonderland, Stitch reading the Ugly Duckling, Belle reading fairytales, etc.

Using that concept art as a basis, a similar kind of book store with characters reading stories could be cool for this Fantasyland

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Pretty sure that's just original art for Bonjour gifts. Overall shape of the building is the same. They just changed the style from Tudor/removed the half timbering. to something else.

View attachment 193929

The other building was just flipped so the turret is next to Gastons.

View attachment 193930
Thank you! That makes sense:bookworm:

I kinda like the tudor design a bit more.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
It does! In the Main Street on my Kansas Disneyland project, I had a book store where periodically throughout the day, different characters would come and read stories to kids. People like Wendy telling Peter Pan stories, Alice reading a book about Wonderland, Stitch reading the Ugly Duckling, Belle reading fairytales, etc.

Using that concept art as a basis, a similar kind of book store with characters reading stories could be cool for this Fantasyland
Ah thats a neat idea. Would be great for kids and be a unique kind of M&G/interactive area

MA Screamin'

Here's my thing about doing an actual castle for Fantasia. I saw it pretty much being inspired by Fantasia in the way of furnishes, like stained glass, landscaping, and other subtle references, and not trying to be something from the film that doesn't exist, if you know what I mean.

When I have a spare minute to really provide a more-in-depth depiction with a vision board, I definitely will explain my ideas further, just have faith in me for a second.

Hey, does anyone know any good blogs for Disney concept art? I know Disney and More and some others that I can't really find anymore :confused:

orlando678-

Here's my thing about doing an actual castle for Fantasia. I saw it pretty much being inspired by Fantasia in the way of furnishes, like stained glass, landscaping, and other subtle references, and not trying to be something from the film that doesn't exist, if you know what I mean.

When I have a spare minute to really provide a more-in-depth depiction with a vision board, I definitely will explain my ideas further, just have faith in me for a second.

Hey, does anyone know any good blogs for Disney concept art? I know Disney and More and some others that I can't really find anymore :confused:
Disney and More is a pretty good source. I mostly use Pinterest boards, but you will have to have an account for that

kap91

Not to toot my own horn but theme_park_concepts.tumblr.com has a lot.

Also the well named Theme Park Art user on all the social media platforms.

Brer Oswald

My ideas for Pan:
Queue- Guests would start through the nursery, with similar effects to the WDW queue. Guests would end up traveling into the dreams of the darling children about Neverland itself. Guests would walk through hangman's tree, the forest, the mermaid area, and maybe the pirate cove before going to the boarding area.

Ride through- Like most interpretations of the ride, guests would begin soaring through the nursery. They will see the children beginning to fly with pixie dust effects. They will also see Peter's shadow on the wall signalling them to follow, and he will utter his famous line, "come on everybody, here we go". As guests fly out of the nursery, grounded Nana will begin to float with pixie dust, but she will be tied to her doghouse like a balloon. Guests will soar over London. They will transition to a scene of a slightly closer perspective of Big Ben, and they will see Peter and the gang land on the clock. Guests will head to the second star to the right, and it will explode with magic as they approach it. The classic "flight over Neverland" scene will commence, but after that, the ride vehicle will land on Neverland. Guests will go through the forest, past hangman's tree, and they'll see John leading the lost boys with the song "Following the leader". Then they will see the boys caught by the natives. Next, guests will go to mermaid lagoon where they will spy on hook taking tiger lily away. This is when they will first see the comedic crocodile Pursuing hook. Guests will go to skull rock and will encounter Hook and Pan duelling for the life of Tiger Lily. Then, guests will travel to the camp of the natives, where a celebration is taking place. The next scene will be a screen based one where Hook will kidnap the kids. However, Pan will come to their rescue, and he'll lead you to the Jolly Roger, where he will duel with Hook once again. On the other side of the mast, Peter will be at the helm, as the ship turns gold with pixie dust. In the last scene, guests will be back in the nursery with the darling children and their parents, looking at the flying ship in the sky through the window.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
My ideas for Pan:
Queue- Guests would start through the nursery, with similar effects to the WDW queue. Guests would end up traveling into the dreams of the darling children about Neverland itself. Guests would walk through hangman's tree, the forest, the mermaid area, and maybe the pirate cove before going to the boarding area.

Ride through- Like most interpretations of the ride, guests would begin soaring through the nursery. They will see the children beginning to fly with pixie dust effects. They will also see Peter's shadow on the wall signalling them to follow, and he will utter his famous line, "come on everybody, here we go". As guests fly out of the nursery, grounded Nana will begin to float with pixie dust, but she will be tied to her doghouse like a balloon. Guests will soar over London. They will transition to a scene of a slightly closer perspective of Big Ben, and they will see Peter and the gang land on the clock. Guests will head to the second star to the right, and it will explode with magic as they approach it. The classic "flight over Neverland" scene will commence, but after that, the ride vehicle will land on Neverland. Guests will go through the forest, past hangman's tree, and they'll see John leading the lost boys with the song "Following the leader". Then they will see the boys caught by the natives. Next, guests will go to mermaid lagoon where they will spy on hook taking tiger lily away. This is when they will first see the comedic crocodile Pursuing hook. Guests will go to skull rock and will encounter Hook and Pan duelling for the life of Tiger Lily. Then, guests will travel to the camp of the natives, where a celebration is taking place. The next scene will be a screen based one where Hook will kidnap the kids. However, Pan will come to their rescue, and he'll lead you to the Jolly Roger, where he will duel with Hook once again. On the other side of the mast, Peter will be at the helm, as the ship turns gold with pixie dust. In the last scene, guests will be back in the nursery with the darling children and their parents, looking at the flying ship in the sky through the window.
Really nice job!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom