Pre-Trip The Tale of Two Trips

Well, I was going to wait at least a day to start this, but since some of you have been asking I have decided to start my PTR for my next trip(s) :)
As you can tell by the title I have 2 trips in my future, so I am going to semi-combine them in terms of the PTR, but will separate them by plans!

Trip numero 1:
Who?
From left to right my Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and me (Megan)
IMG_2946.JPG

When?

Saturday March 11 - Saturday March 18

Where?
I am happy to report we will be staying at the Polynesian! We stayed there briefly on our last trip, but did not get to spend a lot of time there so we are happy to be spending the entire week there! I was happy to get the AP discount again for this, but also it was made more affordable as you will find out in my next section
IMG_2376.JPG

Why?
For three years I have known I will be taking this trip because for three years I have known the practical part of my boards are in Kissimmee! How lucky is that! All of my fellow residents say it was destiny :) This is the reason the Poly is more affordable because I will get some of my trip paid for by the residency program (flights, part of a hotel, etc). I mean, should I be excited about taking my boards? No....but I am excited to go to Disney :) Originally I was going alone, but then we got the APs and I asked my Mom to come with me so that I could have someone help me study and so that I would not be stuck having to stay with someone else. Then, we asked Jill and she wanted to come as well ! My Dad kindly declined :) He likes Disney, but in small doses!

Trip numero 2
Who?
Back to the usual crew of my Mom and I
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7850793504.jpeg

When?
Saturday April 1 - Saturday April 8

Where?
The Wilderness Lodge :) When I originally booked this trip I booked POFQ, but WL was actually the same price, so why not!
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1943.jpg

Why?
Well, I actually take my written boards on April 1 and thats also the start of my last vacation of residency. I am going to Punta Cana with my friends the second week of my vacation, but had nothing to do with my first. I was sitting on a plethora of Southwest points so knew I could get a free flight for my Mom and I so we started looking at all sorts of options. At first we thought...Disneyland or a Disney Cruise! But, then we kept coming back to the fact that we still have our APs and we could have one last AP trip so Disney World it is! Plus, the trip in March will be a little disjointed due to my boards so this will be a good one! We leave Saturday night since I take my boards that day and its an 8 hour exam (although historically it only takes me about 6 to take the exams).

In case anyone is confused by me talking about all these board exams they are because I am a resident in Family Medicine and in order to graduate from residency/be board certified I have 2 more tests to take :)

Next up: first trip plans

amjt660

Premium Member
Hey guys thanks for all the pixie dust I passed my boards ! Yay!!! Now onto enjoying the rest of my (chilly weather) trip !!
Way to go board certified doc Disney!!

It will catch on I swear!

Very proud of you Megan
I am sure your family is crazy proud too

Max

Last edited:

LisaBelle

There was never any doubt! Congratulations! So happy you can enjoy the rest of your Disney trip stress (and snow) free! Hope all is well with your family back home.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Too bad about the delay but glad you made it
Good luck with the boards

We are bracing for a big storm up here

Max

So happy I missed that storm...my Dad said it was pretty bad. Did you guys get hit pretty hard? In Florida we did suffer from the cold streak but no snow haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We knew you would :). Congrats!

Yay! Congrats!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip- now STRESS FREE! :joyfull:

Woohooo!! Congrats to you! That is quite an accomplishment, so enjoy the rest of your time with a little more ease. I'm still curious to hear how V&A dinner goes...you're still doing that, right?

Congrats Megan - now take in that Disney air and enjoy

As if we had any doubt! Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations!!! We knew you would:happy: Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Yayyy! Congrats! Now you can really enjoy the rest of your time in WDW!

Way to go board certified doc Disney!!

It will catch on I swear!

Very proud of you Megan
I am sure your family is crazy proud too

Max

There was never any doubt! Congratulations! So happy you can enjoy the rest of your Disney trip stress (and snow) free! Hope all is well with your family back home.

Yay! Congratulations!!! :happy:

Thank you so much everyone!!!! I really appreciate it :) Sorry to lump all of you in one post :confused:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for all the kind words and support! We had a great trip! I may or may not start my TR before I leave for my next trip. It all depends on how much time I have after getting my studying done for the day (and how long they hold me hostage on my current rotation). I will take all the pixie dust I can get for my written boards...its crunch time for me :) At least packing won't take me too long !

amjt660

Premium Member
So happy I missed that storm...my Dad said it was pretty bad. Did you guys get hit pretty hard? In Florida we did suffer from the cold streak but no snow haha
It was overhyped for us north of Lake Erie
Niagara region could good amount of snow though so that is probably the same thing your dad got in buffalo

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ah! Took a study break to see Beauty and the Beast today. So good!!!!! They have some form (not sure if its ordinal, kind of doubt it) of the yellow dress in One Mans Dream. Unfortunately its packed in there because of the Moana meet and greet so it was hard to get an unobstructed view so I may have to go back and check it out!.

sheriffwoody

Just came back to this pre-trip report to check your dates because I think I'm going to be in the world on April 9 now! So sad I'll miss y'all by just one day.

Looking forward to reading your reports!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Just out of curiosity has anyone ever tried to book a trip and gotten the error message "first name missing" when clearly there is not one missing? This has been happening to me for months now and every time I try online support they tell me to clear my cookies and try again and it still doesn't work. I have tried on my computer (macbook), iPad, phone and work computer (PC) and I still get the same error... :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom