Did Disney forget to reset their IT clocks?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
According to the screen shots, you checked at around 2 pm and the HM had an available FP for 10:30pm. So only 8 1/2 hours later? Is that supposed to make people happy? I just don't view this as great news.
It is certainly better than the previous system where all the fp would have been taken by 10 am

Bandini

Original Poster
Yeah, it's easy to forget that you didn't even NEED a fastpass for Haunted Mansion at 10:30 PM!
I'm sure someone will respond with, "well, you don't need it now there's always SB. But the thing is, SB is longer than it used to be for all of these rides. I used to appreciated the SB lines at WDW, because you kept moving. The wonders of FP+ have created SB lines that never seem to move.

Lets Respect

Disney being an hour away by car is really not much different than it being an hour away by plane.

You're kidding right? :)

We all choose to live where we want to live to a certain extent anyway. But we can all agree that having to take a flight to Orlando is orders of magnitude harder and more expensive than jumping in the car for an hour.

I can see a local's point of view, we all want what we want. If I lived that close, I would keep FPs booked just in case and cancel them once I knew my plans for the weekend if I wasn't going

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You're kidding right? :)

Yes and no.

We all choose to live where we want to live to a certain extent anyway. But we can all agree that having to take a flight to Orlando is orders of magnitude harder and more expensive than jumping in the car for an hour.

It's a little harder, but I fly a lot so it's really not orders of magnitude harder. Definitely more expensive.

I can see a local's point of view, we all want what we want. If I lived that close, I would keep FPs booked just in case and cancel them once I knew my plans for the weekend if I wasn't going

Yeah, and we do that sometimes. It's hard to know what you're going to want to do 1-4 weeks from now if you're not basing all of your time around that one thing. We only get 7 days so if we book every weekend that doesn't leave any wiggle room for spur of the moment or same week trips. The only way to make that work is to only plan a couple of days far out and then hope what you want that's close to the current day is available when you want it.

Lets Respect

Yes and no.

It's a little harder, but I fly a lot so it's really not orders of magnitude harder. Definitely more expensive.

Yeah, and we do that sometimes. It's hard to know what you're going to want to do 1-4 weeks from now if you're not basing all of your time around that one thing. We only get 7 days so if we book every weekend that doesn't leave any wiggle room for spur of the moment or same week trips. The only way to make that work is to only plan a couple of days far out and then hope what you want that's close to the current day is available when you want it.

Wait I'm seriously confused now. Getting in your car and driving for an hour is just as hard as flying? Parking, going through security, waiting at the gate, jamming your luggage in, dealing with delays, come on! :)

Again we all choose where we want to live so that's life. No one promised us a stress-free WDW experience in this life I guess lol

But if you have seven days you could have three weekends planned at all times plus keep a day available. I guess I'm still stuck on why the wait times were such an issue but it made more sense when you said you didn't have FPs booked

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Wait I'm seriously confused now. Getting in your car and driving for an hour is just as hard as flying? Parking, going through security, waiting at the gate, jamming your luggage in, dealing with delays, come on! :)

I don't know where you fly out of, but I fly in and out of MCO and I rarely see a security line that takes more than 5-10 minutes to get through. Also, waiting at a gate is like waiting in a standby line only with somewhere to sit. :joyfull:

Again we all choose where we want to live so that's life. No one promised us a stress-free WDW experience in this life I guess lol

I'm not asking for anything really, I did something else instead. :joyfull:

But if you have seven days you could have three weekends planned at all times plus keep a day available. I guess I'm still stuck on why the wait times were such an issue but it made more sense when you said you didn't have FPs booked

I'm focused on the wake up and go to WDW subject. FP+ is incredibly great for every other scenario.

Lets Respect

I don't know where you fly out of, but I fly in and out of MCO and I rarely see a security line that takes more than 5-10 minutes to get through. Also, waiting at a gate is like waiting in a standby line only with somewhere to sit. :joyfull:

I'm not asking for anything really, I did something else instead. :joyfull:

I'm focused on the wake up and go to WDW subject. FP+ is incredibly great for every other scenario.

I'm really confused now. Can I have some of your magical flying powers? ;) The security lines at MCO can be awful. Some of the worst I have seen in the country. I would drive 5 hours in a car rather than take an hour flight anywhere

Anyway I hear your point you can't just wake up in the morning and get good FPs on a whim especially on busy days anymore. That is gone whether a local or visitor. I would be thrilled to be able to drive to WDW in an hour so I guess I would find a work-around for the lines including booking in advance

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm really confused now. Can I have some of your magical flying powers? ;) The security lines at MCO can be awful. Some of the worst I have seen in the country. I would drive 5 hours in a car rather than take an hour flight anywhere

It's no worse at MCO at 2pm on a Saturday than stand by at MK at 2pm on a Saturday. :joyfull:

Anyway I hear your point you can't just wake up in the morning and get good FPs on a whim especially on busy days anymore. That is gone whether a local or visitor. I would be thrilled to be able to drive to WDW in an hour so I guess I would find a work-around for the lines including booking in advance

It has its moments.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Yes, you can be home the same day. No, I have never flown out of any airport in this country where I could arrive 10 minutes before my flight. And I lived seriously 7 minutes from FLL. Still needed an hour in advance.
You fly from FLL, MIA or PBI to MCO with Disney as your destination- it will take you longer than driving from any of those places to WDW. I've done it both ways.

An hour in advance is still less time than standby at Space Mountain lately. An hour can also be less time than it takes to get from parking through the TTC to the entrance at Magic Kingdom. :joyfull:

21stamps

An hour in advance is still less time than standby at Space Mountain lately. An hour can also be less time than it takes to get from parking through the TTC to the entrance at Magic Kingdom. :joyfull:
I agree with you, but you still have to do those things regardless of if you drive or fly.

I'm so confused at this point.lol I'm bowing out. I didn't realize this convo was being perceived as an argument.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom