Hotel Deals????

riogirl

Original Poster
Does Universal offer special prices for their resorts? It seems like their prices stay the same. I am looking for 2 nights in Augusts for a deluxe hotel in order to get the Express Pass. any suggestions on how to get the best price?

Ekohlby

Do you have an annual pass? Put in the code APH and it will tell you what the rate is for annual passholders. Then you can see if it makes sense to upgrade to an annual pass. You do not need the pass in hand when you check in - but will need to show it before you check out.

Another option is to get on their mailing list. I was sent a great PIN code for a trip a little over a year ago.

Another option is to shop around. Check other sites, like expedia and orbitz. Check those often since those prices change wildly. Read the fine print to make sure you can cancel if needed too. Once, Orbitz had the best rate for a trip. You will still get the hotel perks. If you have children under 18, do not put them on the reservation if using a website other than Universal's. It is the hotel policy that children under 18 aren't charged extra - but some of those other websites will charge extra. As long as you aren't over maximum occupancy limits, you can easily add the children onto your reservation when you check in. (I called to try to add them on once and they told me to wait until check-in).
Be careful with packaged deals. It seems like Disney packages often save money - but that's often not the case with Universal packages for some strange reason. Price it out to make sure you are getting a good deal. Also, packages often have different cancellation rules.

If you do book directly through the Universal website and find a better deal on their website, call them up! They will change it to the cheaper rate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom