Did Disney forget to reset their IT clocks?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney coders? It's called NTP. Look it up, consider using it, as everyone else does....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol

Loosers.

The problem with NTP is it distributes UTC/ZULU time systems still have to be localized to so the proper time zone and accompanying offset from UTC is used by public facing systems.

As a 'freebie' here's how it's done on a Cisco device

router(config)# clock summer-time EDT recurring 2 March 2:00 first Sunday November
2:00

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Running around like a fool? You must have been doing it wrong.

But yes, I did prefer a system that let me ride ALL of the headiners by fastpass, many of them more than once.

But yes, to each their own.

Legacy was great because you had to be dedicated. And you could easily knock out the major attractions if you got there at opening.

To fp+ credit, i have grown to like the system. It still has its problems but it is nice to reserve on the fly.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Legacy was great because you had to be dedicated. And you could easily knock out the major attractions if you got there at opening.

To fp+ credit, i have grown to like the system. It still has its problems but it is nice to reserve on the fly.

I like FP+ but it's crappy for anyone who just wants to go to the park in the morning. Nothing decent was available at the parks this morning so that along with the 100+ minute waits by 11am made the sudden desire to drive an hour down to WDW turned into desire to do something else instead. More room for everyone else though, right?

Bandini

Original Poster

I hate that all stand by lines have increased and I also hate that Disney has used the system to staff the parks. It's a win for Disney, but it is a major loss for guests. If crowds are light, there are less CM's and attraction capacity is reduced. It really sucked the fun out of WDW.

disney4life2008

I like FP+ but it's crappy for anyone who just wants to go to the park in the morning. Nothing decent was available at the parks this morning so that along with the 100+ minute waits by 11am made the sudden desire to drive an hour down to WDW turned into desire to do something else instead. More room for everyone else though, right?

The waits today at mk was crazy. And it didn't seem that crowded. But at one point, space mountain was 134 minutes.

I think its easier for me because its just me so i am able to find a lot of last minute solo reservations. But i think 2 or more on a day trip its next to impossible.

disney4life2008

I hate that all stand by lines have increased and I also hate that Disney has used the system to staff the parks. It's a win for Disney, but it is a major loss for guests. If crowds are light, there are less CM's and attraction capacity is reduced. It really sucked the fun out of WDW.

Yes. I do miss the walk on to haunted mansion and even more so spaceship Earth. But the latter can sometimes see waits up to 2 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom