DCP For Introverts

siezetheday

Original Poster
I've always wanted to work at Disneyland, but I'm very introverted and can be socially awkward. I've gotten better over the past six months or so from working retail, but I still need to "take breaks" from people as I work (like switching from cashier to stocking and such).
Are there jobs/roles available to DCP members that require minimal interaction with guests? I understand that interaction is required no matter what, but I was hoping that a job that focused more on stocking or cleaning could be available.
Thank you for your help!

Tinkrbell

I've always wanted to work at Disneyland, but I'm very introverted and can be socially awkward. I've gotten better over the past six months or so from working retail, but I still need to "take breaks" from people as I work (like switching from cashier to stocking and such).
Are there jobs/roles available to DCP members that require minimal interaction with guests? I understand that interaction is required no matter what, but I was hoping that a job that focused more on stocking or cleaning could be available.
Thank you for your help!
Costuming has very, very little guest interaction. In costuming, our "guests" are our fellow cast members, whether it be in operational costuming (where frontline cast get their costumes) or entertainment costuming (characters, shows, & parades.) Costuming is a lot of hard work, but so worth it to know that when you realize that so many people come to Disney because of the cast and with costuming, there wouldn't be cast members out there to help them. In costuming, you can work in locations where you are the only costumer, but there are others that have over 20 people scheduled there throughout the day. Shifts can be early morning (start at 5am) or overnight rehearsals (don't come in until 9-10pm).

rk03221

I was the same way, it's no big deal there are so many cms from all walks of life, alot of them at WDW can barely speak english

kjb101791

When I went on my CP, I was worried I wasn't bubbly or extroverted enough to fit the Cast Member stereotype, but it really was not an issue at all working in merchandise. Sure, some long stints at the register could be wearing, but there is enough variation in the tasks to keep things (usually) interesting. There are plenty of different personality types within the 60k+ workers there, so there's no need to worry about not being the right type.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom