What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Been trying to do two runs during the week of distances between 2.5 and 3 miles and to keep it within 30 minutes of mostly running (excluding warm up and cool down), as my walk breaks are anywhere from 1-2 minutes after 8-12 minutes running (depends how tired or out of breath I feel, but I usually set a time in my head and then try to talk myself into increasing it as I reach it). Anyway, I just ran my fastest ever :). Very different experience to the conversational pace with my friend the other day ;)

I have to look at a calendar, because I think my weekend runs should start going up in distance this weekend or next (I'm training for a 10K in early May).

@dreamfinder - I sincerely hope your knee problem is only temporary.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm having a tough running week, y'all. Really hard not to feel discouraged.

4 miles on the TM today after 8 miles on the bike yesterday.

We've all had days/weeks like that. Just know we've got your back. :)

And for those dark days, keep dreaming of this....

djfhj470957984a.jpg

Won't it look stunning hanging on your wall?

LAKid53

Premium Member

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@LizaMarie89 : as @LAKid53 said, we've all had discouraging weeks. And this forum has really helped me thru those bad weeks, even when the advice is being given to someone else. Recently someone (@JillC LI maybe?) reminded a poster that running is as much mental as physical - something that I knew/know - but the next time I got on the treadmill I thought of that post and it really helped turn things around for me. Here's to seeing a picture of your bling next month ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
16 miles this week, T-3, W-4, Th-3, 10.5K points series race this morning (yes, 10.5, don't know why). Nice morning, sunny and 40s. Freezing temps in the south this week?

Yup. Gonna be in the low 30s mid week. This is just crazy weather. Was in the low 80s yesterday....

Swissmiss

Premium Member
3 miles running home from the office with a backpack; there's got to be a better way to be able to bring back home the "essentials" (wallet, keys, phones) because I left my shoes and clothes in my gym locker. Probably didn't help that I will telework tomorrow so I also needed to bring home some documents :banghead:

LAKid53

Premium Member
3.06 miles outdoors. Had to break out the running tights, since it was in the mid 40s. Forecast is near freezing next couple of nights. Loving the cooler weather, now that the bone chilling rain yesterday has passed through.

Had absolutely no energy this morning. Had to push through the last half mile lap through the neighborhood....with the help of the Doobie Brothers! :D

JillC LI

@LizaMarie89 : as @LAKid53 said, we've all had discouraging weeks. And this forum has really helped me thru those bad weeks, even when the advice is being given to someone else. Recently someone (@JillC LI maybe?) reminded a poster that running is as much mental as physical - something that I knew/know - but the next time I got on the treadmill I thought of that post and it really helped turn things around for me. Here's to seeing a picture of your bling next month ;)

Yep that was me! So happy to hear it gave you a moment of motivation :)

As for me, 40 minutes on TM Monday, shovelling snow Tuesday, and 36 minutes on TM yesterday.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Signed up for a collective training session for my upcoming 10K - in addition to the warm up and cool down of varying laps around the track, they had us do 2 sets of 5 times run 200m/jog or walk 100m. I know this is fairly common training for some of you but it was the first time I had the "pleasure" of doing a training like this. Forced myself to keep to a pace that I knew I could sustain, otherwise I would have gotten caught up in other people's pace and wouldn't have been able to finish. Hopefully I progress in both stamina and speed over the next 8 weeks (at least that's the goal!)

surfsupdon

I haven't done any running since my Princess Weekend. I had to give myself a break after the training.

Of course,even though I didn't run, I still lifted, had yoga practice, and swam. But I wanted a run break!

I will start again on Monday, in Disney, as I chaperone our Senior Class Trip. I can anticipate that it will be my last time running around Caribbean in its current state. I will enjoy the promenade run for one last vacation. Here's to you, CBR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom