Pre-Trip I"M GOING TO DISNEY and I'M STAYING IN A DELUXE!

So I wasn't planning on doing a pre trip report so soon but since I have the day off thanks to the past presidents I figured I'd get it started rather then get on the tread mill. Plus Tuvalu looks like she might be taking a few weeks off and I'll have nothing else to look forward too. :)

I'm so excited for this trip! We will be staying in our very first Deluxe! This could be bad for us, I may get spoiled!! This is also our first time renting points. Everything went smooth and hopefully nothing happens between now and our trip.

A few of the details:

WHO: Just J and I will be taking this trip
IMG_0571.JPG

Unfortunately this photo is a year old. It's the only one I have on hand at the moment that doesn't have one of us making a face.

WHEN: September 14-18. It'll be an awesome 4 nights over our anniversary weekend!!

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village!! Whoop Whoop!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Normally I would say get a rental car cause AKL is in the middle of nowhere... but with all the drinking you have planned the bus might be the best option.
:joyfull: Thomas I'm going to agree with you.

Following!! This is exciting!! I have done one park (Epcot) trips before... You'll love it!!! There's so much to do outside of the parks :)

Can't wait to read more!
ONLY 12 more days until dining reservations!! There's so much I want to do but not sure we'll fit it all in.:happy:

I have never done a short / 1 park trip to WDW. ( as you know I did TDR as a short trip but never the World)
It has always been 7 to 8 days of Disney and sometimes Uni/SeaWorld where we must go to all 4 theme parks at least once.
I am looking forward to reading your report, hearing about all the great non park stuff you will do and to know your thoughts/reflections when it is all done.

Max
Thanks. only 192 days to go:(. I'll definitely let everyone know how it all turns out.

fractal

Kidani Village with Avatar opening is perfect!

It would be very hard for me to stay there and not eat at Sanaa. It does have a great bar area if a meal doesn't fit in your plans. Tiffins looks great. It's on our short list.

Dawa bar is shaded and has a nice selection of beers. I'm excited for you!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Kidani Village with Avatar opening is perfect!

It would be very hard for me to stay there and not eat at Sanaa. It does have a great bar area if a meal doesn't fit in your plans. Tiffins looks great. It's on our short list.

Dawa bar is shaded and has a nice selection of beers. I'm excited for you!
Thank you! And thanks for the Dawa Bar tip.

Sanaa was on my list originally but we decided to try some others. I was hoping that while lounging by the pool I might be able to at least order their bread service.. Not sure if that's possible. Do you know? Maybe @lostpro9het knows.

lostpro9het

Thank you! And thanks for the Dawa Bar tip.

Sanaa was on my list originally but we decided to try some others. I was hoping that while lounging by the pool I might be able to at least order their bread service.. Not sure if that's possible. Do you know? Maybe @lostpro9het knows.
To my knowledge you cannot get the bread service at the Maji Pool Bar. You can, and we've done it, get the bread service at the Sanaa bar.

MerMom1981

99 days until our vacation!!!!

Ok not our Disney vacation.:p

We as a family are renting a cabin in the Smoky's! It's not something we have done before so i'm pretty excited. We are going to try some ziplining, rafting and a lot of hiking. Hopefully everyone will enjoy a little bit of nature.

Too funny that you're visiting a National Park this summer! Me too!
I'm 87 days from my vacation to San Francisco & Yosemite and I just can't wait!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I thought this was too funny as a read through this morning!
Me too, but I thought I should stay out of that argument.:) Missing your reports Coach, I think you need to plan another trip!

Too funny that you're visiting a National Park this summer! Me too!
I'm 87 days from my vacation to San Francisco & Yosemite and I just can't wait!
I would love to go to Yosemite. That's on our list but it will be quite a few years before that happens. Have lots of fun.

coachwnh

Missing your reports Coach, I think you need to plan another trip!

We have gone on some great trips, including London and Paris, and have things planned, desert SW this July and August, but nothing to Disney. Did think about doing a non-Disney TR for our Europe trip, but decided against it. Glad you enjoyed them. Will do again when we return. For now, Ill keep following all of you on here.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We have gone on some great trips, including London and Paris, and have things planned, desert SW this July and August, but nothing to Disney. Did think about doing a non-Disney TR for our Europe trip, but decided against it. Glad you enjoyed them. Will do again when we return. For now, Ill keep following all of you on here.
I know I speak for more than a few of us. Please do a Europe TR

Courtney6682

99 days until our vacation!!!!

Ok not our Disney vacation.:p

We as a family are renting a cabin in the Smoky's! It's not something we have done before so i'm pretty excited. We are going to try some ziplining, rafting and a lot of hiking. Hopefully everyone will enjoy a little bit of nature.

Omg!!! Please let us know how that goes! My husband would love something like that!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Well we have hit 180 days.. And we now have the following dining reservations

5:00 pm II Mulino at the Swan
10:00 am Kona Café at the Poly for breakfast
7:10 pm California Grill at the Contemporary
5:45 Tiffins at Animal Kingdom
9:50 Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for breakfast

We're not a 100% sure about our breakfast yet, we were going to go @lostpro9het and @Tuvalu style with donuts in the room but we have never gone out to breakfast while at Disney so we're mulling it over. Also they don't have ROL dining packages out for Tiffins in September yet so I just went ahead and made a regular reservation at Tiffins until then.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well we have hit 180 days.. And we now have the following dining reservations

5:00 pm II Mulino at the Swan
10:00 am Kona Café at the Poly for breakfast
7:10 pm California Grill at the Contemporary
5:45 Tiffins at Animal Kingdom
9:50 Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for breakfast

We're not a 100% sure about our breakfast yet, we were going to go @lostpro9het and @Tuvalu style with donuts in the room but we have never gone out to breakfast while at Disney so we're mulling it over. Also they don't have ROL dining packages out for Tiffins in September yet so I just went ahead and made a regular reservation at Tiffins until then.
You had to mention Tiffins before dinner:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom