Club 32 - Beauty and the Beast, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This thread can be used for Beauty and the Beast brainstorming for the Club 32 Fantasyland Project. It's one of the first that we have a confirmation on -- and to consolidate all the brainstorming and make it easier -- we'll have this dedicated thread for it:)

This is @kap91 's initial sketch for a potential layout -- and below I'll tag some of the people who were interested in working on this and some of the more active Club 32 members if they want to chime in too who've discussed BatB
img_3010-jpg.192978

kap91

Basically, my concept was a better version of enchanted tales (think more like the tiki room or country bears) that exits to an optional passage to the ride queue. The castle would have the restaurant that the queue would look over from a second level, and then the ride. Didn't really think much further than that.

OvertheHorizon

Basically, my concept was a better version of enchanted tales (think more like the tiki room or country bears) that exits to an optional passage to the ride queue. The castle would have the restaurant that the queue would look over from a second level, and then the ride. Didn't really think much further than that.
Was it your concept that the "show" would function as the pre-show for the ride?

kap91

Was it your concept that the "show" would function as the pre-show for the ride?
Yes and no. I'm not sure there's an attraction that exists that currently does what I'm suggesting. The Original Norway pavilion or dueling dragons' reride option comes closest. The idea is the show is its own attraction - basically enchanted tales with a better script and effects but since you're already in the castle it would allow you to "shortcut" in to the beginning of the queue for the ride. But you could also skip it by just walking over the bridge to the castle directly.

orlando678-

I personally think it would be cool to have an explorable beauty and the beast area which could include 1 to 3 attractions. 1 could be a Castle tour which would be similar to the show explained before, like Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs Pott guiding groups of guests through the castle, passing by the west wing, dining room(be our guest show scene), ballroom, library etc. Another ride could be inside Maurice's Cottage where guests pass through the mirror in spinning cups which move to music and follow Belle and Prince Adam in the story of Beauty and the Beast. Lastly you could add some kind of spinner themed to Maurice's invention or a shooter gallery themed to Gaston would do too.

OvertheHorizon

Yes and no. I'm not sure there's an attraction that exists that currently does what I'm suggesting. The Original Norway pavilion or dueling dragons' reride option comes closest. The idea is the show is its own attraction - basically enchanted tales with a better script and effects but since you're already in the castle it would allow you to "shortcut" in to the beginning of the queue for the ride. But you could also skip it by just walking over the bridge to the castle directly.
I'm not familiar with dueling dragons, but know the Norway pavilion quite well. There, the "show" was a post-ride movie. As I read your original idea, I was envisioning (just brainstorming here) an idea somewhat like the Haunted Mansion, where guests first gather in a stretching room then file out into the ride queue. (I guess they do something similar at Tower of Tower, with the show in the library.) In both instances they have 2 stretching rooms and 2 libraries.

I wondered if there would be a way have the "show" in theaters on a turntable (similar to the Carousel of Progress) depending on how long you wanted the pre-show to be, there could be two, three, even four "theaters" on that turntable. Load, rotate as you watch the show, then exit at a point where the doors now line up with the line for the ride. Figuring out ride capacity per hour, etc. would be critical to making this idea work.

Again... not selling an idea at this point... just brainstorming, and hoping to stimulate other ideas from our team.

kap91

I'm not familiar with dueling dragons, but know the Norway pavilion quite well. There, the "show" was a post-ride movie. As I read your original idea, I was envisioning (just brainstorming here) an idea somewhat like the Haunted Mansion, where guests first gather in a stretching room then file out into the ride queue. (I guess they do something similar at Tower of Tower, with the show in the library.) In both instances they have 2 stretching rooms and 2 libraries.

I wondered if there would be a way have the "show" in theaters on a turntable (similar to the Carousel of Progress) depending on how long you wanted the pre-show to be, there could be two, three, even four "theaters" on that turntable. Load, rotate as you watch the show, then exit at a point where the doors now line up with the line for the ride. Figuring out ride capacity per hour, etc. would be critical to making this idea work.

Again... not selling an idea at this point... just brainstorming, and hoping to stimulate other ideas from our team.

You've got the general idea. Basically a long preshow - just one that could stand on its own as an attraction and doesn't require going on to the ride.

Turntable is cool but eats up space. Generally multiple rooms solves the same problem (like the current enchanted tales)

The Excavator

Really like the initial draft. It fixes many of the problems I have with Be Our Guest. The focus is more on the restaurant and money making areas than on the actual attractions.

I would even scrap the restaurant entirely in favor of Gaston's, and have a grand ballroom scene in the attraction. Imagine a scene similar to the Haunted Mansion ballroom scene, but you are looking down at Belle and the Beast dancing.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Really like the initial draft. It fixes many of the problems I have with Be Our Guest. The focus is more on the restaurant and money making areas than on the actual attractions.

I would even scrap the restaurant entirely in favor of Gaston's, and have a grand ballroom scene in the attraction. Imagine a scene similar to the Haunted Mansion ballroom scene, but you are looking down at Belle and the Beast dancing.
Welcome!

And I agree kap and everyone here is off to a great start with this area!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Okay, tell me what I need to do to help advance this project. Someone needs to step up as "team leader" - @kap91 ? - to provide the rest of us with focus. Also, we need to understand when we're in the "brainstorming - blue sky" phase of this project and when we've agreed on a general approach and trying to nail down the details.
Since this is the first big group project format done on the forums like this -- I don't mind taking the lead in regards to keeping things on track. I wouldn't want to put too much responsibility on others, and keep it laid back and relaxed for everyone involved.

Basically -- I'd concur with the sketch above. I think it's a great first step, and with that -- we have enough info to get started.

Horizon is there any aspect in particular that'd you'd be interested in either drawing or writing up?

OvertheHorizon

Horizon is there any aspect in particular that'd you'd be interested in either drawing or writing up?
I still don't have a good sense of the overall attraction, and think we need to brainstorm it more. My understanding is that there is pre-show, a ride attraction (which hasn't been talked about much) and a restaurant.

Do we see this as telling the story as told in the movie? Or are we heading in a different story direction?
If we know what part of the story is to be told during the ride portion of the attraction, then that will inform what needs to be accomplished in the pre-show.
Does the restaurant simply complement the overall theme, or does it overlook a portion of the attraction ride?
I probably have better skills at writing up than drawing, especially since it looks like we have amazing drawers on this team. I'm most intrigued with coming up with the ideas, like what would be the nature of the ride, various scenes, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom