Rate the value for the price charged for tickets.

KrzyKtty

Depends entirely on your opinion of a good return. Do you mean good investment of your time? Good investment of you money to happiness? Only something you can answer really. Is it expensive, yes, but I still shell out the money for the memories it gives my family and I.

parkhopper1213

value just the rides for the price charged is it a good return?
If you are able to get the tickets as part of a package then it can be a better value. Some packages include reduced hotel rates or free dining plans. It just depends. We purchased annual passes for several years. After 2 trips the tickets paid for themselves, so we always tried to squeezed in a 3rd for good measure.

Goofyernmost

Value is determined by what it is worth to individual people. If people continue to pay the price, no matter how high it is, that is the value of it. There is no black and white quantitive way to set that type of value. Is a Cadillac a greater value then a Volkswagen. If the purpose is to get from point A to point B then they should be worth exactly the same thing. However, there are other factors that set the overall value. I know this because I have owned both a Cadillac and a Volkswagen, if anything the VW was much better quality, however, the price was much, much less!

AndyS2992

None of the parks are good value for money except maybe Magic Kingdom. However the prises need to rise to keep the crowds down, not that it is working very well.

I know this is apples to oranges but I look at it as where do I get the most bang for the buck and what's the hourly cost? So I may pay $100+ for a Magic Kingdom pass, but if I'm there 10-12 hours (or more) that makes it something near $10/hr or less. Given I can do/see a few things in a given hour, that's a good value IMO. If I pay to see a Broadway show, I could easily pay $100 or more for 2-3 hours entertainment. That's a lot more $ per hour. Same thing with a sporting event. At the end of the day, if it's something I enjoy, I value it and will pay what I need to to do it. I happen to think Disney is a great value for what you get. Expensive to be sure, but a good value.

I should add that I think this is true of MK, Epcot and maybe AK. Currently, I don't think you get anywhere near the value at HS. But, some may disagree and that will definitely change (for me) once Star Wars land opens in a few years.

PatInCT

Long time Disney fan, 1st visit in 1973 and probably been at least 15 visits (most 3-4 day visits so probably 45 park visits conservatively). Went yesterday for a 1 day visit (staying in Cocoa Beach) with a parkhopper and did Epcot and MK... and I'll say that the value is not there for something like that. My son (18) and I went on PotC, SRS, Mickeys Philharmagic. Only saw the Pixar/Disney short film (which was great) at Epcot before going to MK (walked around the world). Extra long waits for everything... Stitch open seasonally now but closing at 6p when the waits are 50+ minutes everywhere makes no sense. I don't love the attraction but would have gone on if it was open.

It's a much better proposition to go for several days and go at at leisurely pace (but don't forget $20/day for parking too). I don't think the hourly cost calculation works just because of the wait times... but I still love to go. I enjoy the atmosphere of being there, but I did feel shortchanged this time.

JIMINYCR

The value continues to be a very good return for us. We do a lot of rides and do them repeatedly, utilize FP+, park hop, take advantage of EMH's, get to the parks early and leave late. Of course the crowd levels can play havoc on what we can do each day but still we get a great return on what we pay for even if its only considering rides and not all the other things added into that days enjoyment.

BigRedDad

Ticket price value vs rides, the comparison is horrible. I love Disney theming, but the rides are far from "thrill" rides. I get 100x better value going to Busch Gardens Wmbg than I do at Disney world when comparing rides only. However, Disney is not all about rides, part of it is. Those that think it is go once and never go back. They have no clue how vast the parks are.

danyoung56

If I really had to pay $100 for a day in a park, I'd have to think very carefully before buying. But with an AP the per-day price goes way down, even though I'm only visiting occasionally from Texas.

MickeyMomV

So we are getting Annual Passes for our trip in November that will be 6 days. We are looking at a parents only 3 day trip next spring and then probably another 6-8 day trip before the passes expire. So that's $779 for the AP and we will be there for about 16 days so that is only $49/park day/person. Personally I think that is a good value not to mention the other benefits of the AP.

EOD K9

I don't think the price/value is there. Especially with surge pricing. My dilemma will be in June. We are cruising then using my DVC points to stay at the Poly the day we disembark. I know my daughters would love to hit the MK but it is friggin' expensive. I know there is a lot to do around the hotels. But explaining that to a three year old is tough.

MacVenture

When compared to other forms of entertainment, there is value in the current price. I am not a fan of the current prices, but if you consider the overall increase in the price for entertainment it is still a good deal.
Avg ticket price for MLB game-$31
Avg ticket price for NFL game-$93
Avg ticket price for NHL game-$62
Avg ticket to a concert-$47

rob0519

When compared to other forms of entertainment, there is value in the current price. I am not a fan of the current prices, but if you consider the overall increase in the price for entertainment it is still a good deal.

Would love to know where you got those numbers. Certainly not Chicago. Standing room for the Blackhawks run $35-$75.

drwadadli

LOL....what concert are you seeing for $47???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom