Stark Industries - The Future of the MCU (Open Discussion)

kmbmw777

Original Poster
2016-05-12-1463081424-3470278-mcu.jpg
Here is the current State of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Phase One
Iron Man (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2011)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Phase Two
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Ant-Man (2015)

Phase Three
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
Captain Marvel (2019)
Untitled Avengers film (2019)

Rumored Phase Four
Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 (2019)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Doctor Strange 2
Fantastic Four
X-Men

Everything is up for brainstorming! How would you change the past? How would you write the future? Discuss here.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
2016-05-12-1463081424-3470278-mcu.jpg
Here is the current State of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Phase One
Iron Man (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2011)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Phase Two
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Ant-Man (2015)

Phase Three
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Doctor Strange (2016)
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
Captain Marvel (2019)
Untitled Avengers film (2019)

Rumored Phase Four
Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 (2019)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Doctor Strange 2
Inhumans

Everything is up for brainstorming! How would you change the past? How would you write the future? Discuss here.
I think they are on a pretty good clip at the moment. I even like the inclusion of Spidey later on in the Phases so that he doesn't dominate the spotlight of Phase 1 and such. Having the B-list characters turn into A-list from Phase 1 really beefed up the MCU.

That I actually think is part of DC's problem because they rely on Batman and Superman and the audience has come to expect those as the main events...why make Gotham Sirens or any of these other films when you have the two most iconic superheros?

Anyway -- everything in Phase 1 was good (but in a perfect world) The Incredible Hulk would have had Ruffalo to begin with -- and wouldn't have been made by Universal.

Phase 2 was pretty solid as well...two things I would have fixed though would be:

- The villain in Thor was terrible. There are so many other Thor villains that would have worked better. (Beta Ray Bill)
- The Mandarin twist in Iron Man 3. Probably my least favorite Iron Man film - I was looking forward to an actual Mandarin.

Phase 3 has been amazing so far -- so moving onto Phase 4 -- 4 words.

Bring. Back. Fantastic. Four.

:D

kmbmw777

Original Poster
I think they are on a pretty good clip at the moment. I even like the inclusion of Spidey later on in the Phases so that he doesn't dominate the spotlight of Phase 1 and such. Having the B-list characters turn into A-list from Phase 1 really beefed up the MCU.

That I actually think is part of DC's problem because they rely on Batman and Superman and the audience has come to expect those as the main events...why make Gotham Sirens or any of these other films when you have the two most iconic superheros?

Anyway -- everything in Phase 1 was good (but in a perfect world) The Incredible Hulk would have had Ruffalo to begin with -- and wouldn't have been made by Universal.

Phase 2 was pretty solid as well...two things I would have fixed though would be:

- The villain in Thor was terrible. There are so many other Thor villains that would have worked better. (Beta Ray Bill)
- The Mandarin twist in Iron Man 3. Probably my least favorite Iron Man film - I was looking forward to an actual Mandarin.

Phase 3 has been amazing so far -- so moving onto Phase 4 -- 4 words.

Bring. Back. Fantastic. Four.

:D
I have not seen Iron Man III yet, but I agree completely with everything. If Marvel Studios could get back the FF or XMen that would be great. I hope they do. I think it's very unlikely but I really really hope.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
The Illuminati: Phase IV
220px-NEWAVNIL001.jpg

"Iron Man (representing the Avengers), Mister Fantastic (representing the Fantastic Four), Namor (representing Atlantis), Black Bolt (representing theInhumans), Professor Xavier (representing the X-Men), Black Panther (representing Wakanda), and Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme of Earth)"

Obviously, Marvel does not have the rights to all of these characters so let's see what I can do.

In the wake of Infinity War, Adam Warlock (who was introduced in the movie as the anti-Thanos), meets with six individuals. Doctor Strange (Representing the Mystical Side), Iron Man (Avengers), Thor (Asgard), Black Bolt (who was also introduced in the movie)(Inhumans), Namor (representing Atlantis, who was not introduced in the movie but has "done incredibly hero-ing), Star-Lord (Guardians). Adam gives each of them one Infinity Stone and tells them to guard it with their lives. Tell no one they have it, and only meet in secret. The members agree.
(Avenger Infinity War II Post-Credit Scene)

I think then Phase Four Could Borrow a bit from the Hulk storyline in the Illuminati comics. It could be set up something like this.

The Destructive Hulk
Hulk goes on a reign of terror in Los Vegas. The New Avengers are called in to stop him. At the end of the film, Dr. Bruce Banner is held captive, and Iron Man says that he's got it from here. He takes Hulk to an Illuminati Meeting and they banish him to another world in the post credit scene.

The Warbound
Hulk's adventures of Sakaar with his new allies, as they plan their revenge on Earth.

Illuminati: World War Hulk
Hulk is back to Earth (and because of his time spent absorbing the powerful radiation levels on Planet Sakaar), and after becoming king of the planet Sakaar on which he was banished to, he leads an army. He seeks revenge on the Illuminati. He attacks each of the members separately. The Inhuman Mansion. Stark Mansion. Doctor Strange's Sanctum. He kidnaps Namor straight from the throne room of Atlantis. Hulk and is new allies calling themselves "the Warbound," virtually capture New York. Their plans interpreted when the Guardians and Asgardians attack New York freeing the Illuminati members. The Illuminati begins another epic battle to save New York. Eventually, they convert Hulk back to Dr. Bruce Banner. He is handed over to SHIELD who comments on how odd the task force that assembled to stop the Hulk is. Doctor Strange sends the other members of the Warbound back to Sakaar. Hulk is imprisoned deep underground. The post-credit scene shows Hulk's son on Sakaar meeting with the Warbound.

What do you think?​

warfelg

My own personal theory:

The Mandarin twist was set up to have an Iron Man 4 include Doctor Strange. They always wanted Doctor Strange to introduce the mystic into the MCU, so now that he has, the Mandarin twist is available to happen. But without showing the "All hail the king" short to start a 4th IM film, people would be so lost.

My personal hopes for Phase 4 -
Captain America: Legacy or Fallen Patriot = Bucky and Sam Wilson both fighting to take over for Captain America. Bring back Baron Zemo as the villain in this one and give him a bit more.

GotG Vol 3 = Adjustment for the team as they fight the newly freed systems from Thanos. Good place to introduce Adam Warlock.

Black Panther From the Shadows = In a dramatic move, Wakanda opens it's boarders which invites in Man-Ape as a foe.

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 = Bring back Kingpin from the Netflix series shows, and have Spidey also deal with the grief of losing Tony Stark

Ant-Man 3 = More street level shenanigans. Will take the place of Iron Man's "fun area" of the MCU.

Doctor Strange 2 = Villain of Mephisto, Strange dealing with becoming the Sorcerer Supreme. Mordo comes up at the end as someone that's been working in the background.

Captain Marvel 2 = I dunno where they are going with this story so who knows.

New Age Avengers = They band together behind Doctor Strange to fight his foe in Mordo, and in a change of Avengers movies....they don't win.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
My own personal theory:

The Mandarin twist was set up to have an Iron Man 4 include Doctor Strange. They always wanted Doctor Strange to introduce the mystic into the MCU, so now that he has, the Mandarin twist is available to happen. But without showing the "All hail the king" short to start a 4th IM film, people would be so lost.

My personal hopes for Phase 4 -
Captain America: Legacy or Fallen Patriot = Bucky and Sam Wilson both fighting to take over for Captain America. Bring back Baron Zemo as the villain in this one and give him a bit more.

GotG Vol 3 = Adjustment for the team as they fight the newly freed systems from Thanos. Good place to introduce Adam Warlock.

Black Panther From the Shadows = In a dramatic move, Wakanda opens it's boarders which invites in Man-Ape as a foe.

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 = Bring back Kingpin from the Netflix series shows, and have Spidey also deal with the grief of losing Tony Stark

Ant-Man 3 = More street level shenanigans. Will take the place of Iron Man's "fun area" of the MCU.

Doctor Strange 2 = Villain of Mephisto, Strange dealing with becoming the Sorcerer Supreme. Mordo comes up at the end as someone that's been working in the background.

Captain Marvel 2 = I dunno where they are going with this story so who knows.

New Age Avengers = They band together behind Doctor Strange to fight his foe in Mordo, and in a change of Avengers movies....they don't win.
Did you also say u planned on adding Iron Man 4? Is that where he dies or...?

kmbmw777

Original Poster
As I was typing I couldn't find a way to make it work. But revealing at the end of Avengers 5 that Mordo was working with Mandarin and launching Phase 5 off that and an Iron Man 4 with a new Stark would work better IMO.
Sounds interesting. I like.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Adam Warlock
"Adam Warlock is an artificially created human who was born in a cocoon at a scientific complex called The Beehive. The goal of his creators, the Enclave, was to create and subsequently exploit the perfect human. While in the cocoon, he became aware of his creators' plans for him. He awoke from the cocoon and rebelled. Having not had a childhood or parents, Warlock was lacking in maturity and restraint. He first met Alicia Masters, who was brought to the Beehive to sculpt his face, as he initially radiated so much light that a sighted person could not see through. She found him encased in a cocoon, from which he shortly emerged, destroying his creators that he hated so much, and teleported away. Warlock later came into conflict with the Fantastic Four and Thor; during his encounter with Odinson, he was killed when he attempted to force Thor's sometime paramour Sif to become his mate.

Adam was revived and his behavior improved when he met the being known as the High Evolutionary. Under his guidance, Warlock's life was given direction and purpose. Warlock also came into possession of the Soul Gem. The Soul Gem, one of the Infinity Gems, allowed Warlock to sense the souls of others and draw them into a dimension contained within the gem. Warlock was then transported to Counter-Earth, an attempt by the High Evolutionary to create a Utopian society out of the framework of the original Earth. Unfortunately, it had fallen under the influence of the Man-Beast, a wolf that had been genetically modified into humanoid form by the High Evolutionary. In the process of ending the Man-Beast's regime, Warlock's narcissism led him to another death, this time by crucifixion. Warlock used his powers to resurrect himself. Warlock, in recreating the resurrection of Christ on Counter earth, lead to the creation of an organized religion planet wide; this also was the first step toward Warlock’s "God Complex".

Traveling in the Hercules Cluster, Adam learned of the oppressive Universal Church of Truth that worshiped the Magus. Appearing to Adam, Magus revealed that they were the same being. In one alternate future (Earth-7528), the Magus used the soul gem to saturate Adam’s body with a beacon radiation that summoned the In-Betweener, inhabitant of the realm between fact and fantasy who took Adam to his domain, where he was driven mad. Emerging as the Magus, this Warlock discovered he had returned five thousand years into the past and began building his church. Aware of his history and fearing the Magus’ existence would deprive him of someday owning Adam’s soul gem, the mad god Thanos of Titan attempted to prevent the occurrence by plucking a young child, Gamora, from an alternate future and raising her to be Magus’ assassin. En-route to his destiny, Adam was imprisoned on the Church star ship, “the Great Divide” where he teamed with his fellow prisoners Pip the Troll and absorbed the soul of Captain Autolycus into his gem against his will. Later on trial on Sirus X the Church’s Homeworld, Adam absorbed Judge Kray-Tor’s soul. Thus unleashing of his soul gems vampire-like appetites was possibly caused by Spinxor of the Ringshippers (a.k.a Prime Movers) of Tarkus in his first bid to prevent Warlock from interfering in his theft of Counter-Earth for mysterious Beyonders. Realizing that the gem was sentient, thirsted for souls and could not be removed, Adam sank into despair. Gamora joined Warlock and Pip on Homeworld, but Magus easily thwarted Gamora’s assassination attempt, then doused Adam with the beacon radiation. Gamora’s ineffectiveness forced Thanos to intervene, and the primal battle between Magus’ life-force and Thanos’ death-force allowed Adam to enter the Titan’s time portal and follow his kismet trail. Choosing the shortest path, Adam saw himself dying only months later and absorbed his future self’s soul into the gem. The two timelines thus diverged and the Magus seemingly ceased to exist.

Soon after, Adam witnessed the rapid extinction of the stars and used his soul gem to track the culprit, the Star Thief, back to Earth; the star thief's body was slain while his mind was occupied in battling Warlock. Arriving home, Warlock perceived himself as wraith-like and larger than the solar system, an illusion generated through Adam's soul gem by the Sphinxor to keep him at bay. Later while gaining his perceptions, Warlock encountered Spider-Man on the Moon and helped thwart the Stranger's bid to steal the Gardener's Infinity Gems. Believing Counter-Earth destroyed due to another Sphinxor illusion, an enraged Adam attacked the High Evolutionary with his soul gem and forced him to escape death by becoming a disembodied intelligence, leaving Counter-Earth ripe for the taking. Meanwhile, Thanos procured five Infinity Gems, combining them and the power he had siphoned from Adam's gem in the Magus battle into a single large synthetic gem that he planned to use to extinguish the stars as a present to Mistress Death. When they interfered, Thanos killed Gamora and lobotomized Pip; Adam absorbed their souls into his gem. Thanos' attempt to destroy the Earth's sun was opposed by Warlock, Captain Mar-Vell, and the Avengers. In battle, Thanos mortally wounded Adam, As Warlock lay dying, his past self arrived from Thanos' time portal and absorbed his soul; weary of his many losses and struggles, Adam actually welcomed death. He found himself with the soul gem's other victims in Soulworld, a paradise of understanding and contentment. Thanos claimed Adam's gem but the newly arrived Spider-Man temporarily freed Warlock's spirit. As the Ultimate Avenger, Warlock turned Thanos to granite with a touch. Warlocks body was buried on Counter-Earth."
-Marvel.com

How could Warlock appear in the MCU?
He already has appeared in cacoon form in Thor the Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy

In the comics, he played a big role in defeating Thanos. We could see him appear in Infinity War. Or as @warfelg suggested Guardians Vol. 3. I feel like if the MCU wanted to use him, they should use him in this final battle. Captain Marvel also uses beings of immense cosmic power, so he could appear there as a mentor to Captain Marvel, or maybe a villian. The MCU doesn't like to stick too close to the comics.

spacemt354

Chili's
Adam Warlock
"Adam Warlock is an artificially created human who was born in a cocoon at a scientific complex called The Beehive. The goal of his creators, the Enclave, was to create and subsequently exploit the perfect human. While in the cocoon, he became aware of his creators' plans for him. He awoke from the cocoon and rebelled. Having not had a childhood or parents, Warlock was lacking in maturity and restraint. He first met Alicia Masters, who was brought to the Beehive to sculpt his face, as he initially radiated so much light that a sighted person could not see through. She found him encased in a cocoon, from which he shortly emerged, destroying his creators that he hated so much, and teleported away. Warlock later came into conflict with the Fantastic Four and Thor; during his encounter with Odinson, he was killed when he attempted to force Thor's sometime paramour Sif to become his mate.

Adam was revived and his behavior improved when he met the being known as the High Evolutionary. Under his guidance, Warlock's life was given direction and purpose. Warlock also came into possession of the Soul Gem. The Soul Gem, one of the Infinity Gems, allowed Warlock to sense the souls of others and draw them into a dimension contained within the gem. Warlock was then transported to Counter-Earth, an attempt by the High Evolutionary to create a Utopian society out of the framework of the original Earth. Unfortunately, it had fallen under the influence of the Man-Beast, a wolf that had been genetically modified into humanoid form by the High Evolutionary. In the process of ending the Man-Beast's regime, Warlock's narcissism led him to another death, this time by crucifixion. Warlock used his powers to resurrect himself. Warlock, in recreating the resurrection of Christ on Counter earth, lead to the creation of an organized religion planet wide; this also was the first step toward Warlock’s "God Complex".

Traveling in the Hercules Cluster, Adam learned of the oppressive Universal Church of Truth that worshiped the Magus. Appearing to Adam, Magus revealed that they were the same being. In one alternate future (Earth-7528), the Magus used the soul gem to saturate Adam’s body with a beacon radiation that summoned the In-Betweener, inhabitant of the realm between fact and fantasy who took Adam to his domain, where he was driven mad. Emerging as the Magus, this Warlock discovered he had returned five thousand years into the past and began building his church. Aware of his history and fearing the Magus’ existence would deprive him of someday owning Adam’s soul gem, the mad god Thanos of Titan attempted to prevent the occurrence by plucking a young child, Gamora, from an alternate future and raising her to be Magus’ assassin. En-route to his destiny, Adam was imprisoned on the Church star ship, “the Great Divide” where he teamed with his fellow prisoners Pip the Troll and absorbed the soul of Captain Autolycus into his gem against his will. Later on trial on Sirus X the Church’s Homeworld, Adam absorbed Judge Kray-Tor’s soul. Thus unleashing of his soul gems vampire-like appetites was possibly caused by Spinxor of the Ringshippers (a.k.a Prime Movers) of Tarkus in his first bid to prevent Warlock from interfering in his theft of Counter-Earth for mysterious Beyonders. Realizing that the gem was sentient, thirsted for souls and could not be removed, Adam sank into despair. Gamora joined Warlock and Pip on Homeworld, but Magus easily thwarted Gamora’s assassination attempt, then doused Adam with the beacon radiation. Gamora’s ineffectiveness forced Thanos to intervene, and the primal battle between Magus’ life-force and Thanos’ death-force allowed Adam to enter the Titan’s time portal and follow his kismet trail. Choosing the shortest path, Adam saw himself dying only months later and absorbed his future self’s soul into the gem. The two timelines thus diverged and the Magus seemingly ceased to exist.

Soon after, Adam witnessed the rapid extinction of the stars and used his soul gem to track the culprit, the Star Thief, back to Earth; the star thief's body was slain while his mind was occupied in battling Warlock. Arriving home, Warlock perceived himself as wraith-like and larger than the solar system, an illusion generated through Adam's soul gem by the Sphinxor to keep him at bay. Later while gaining his perceptions, Warlock encountered Spider-Man on the Moon and helped thwart the Stranger's bid to steal the Gardener's Infinity Gems. Believing Counter-Earth destroyed due to another Sphinxor illusion, an enraged Adam attacked the High Evolutionary with his soul gem and forced him to escape death by becoming a disembodied intelligence, leaving Counter-Earth ripe for the taking. Meanwhile, Thanos procured five Infinity Gems, combining them and the power he had siphoned from Adam's gem in the Magus battle into a single large synthetic gem that he planned to use to extinguish the stars as a present to Mistress Death. When they interfered, Thanos killed Gamora and lobotomized Pip; Adam absorbed their souls into his gem. Thanos' attempt to destroy the Earth's sun was opposed by Warlock, Captain Mar-Vell, and the Avengers. In battle, Thanos mortally wounded Adam, As Warlock lay dying, his past self arrived from Thanos' time portal and absorbed his soul; weary of his many losses and struggles, Adam actually welcomed death. He found himself with the soul gem's other victims in Soulworld, a paradise of understanding and contentment. Thanos claimed Adam's gem but the newly arrived Spider-Man temporarily freed Warlock's spirit. As the Ultimate Avenger, Warlock turned Thanos to granite with a touch. Warlocks body was buried on Counter-Earth."
-Marvel.com

How could Warlock appear in the MCU?
He already has appeared in cacoon form in Thor the Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy

In the comics, he played a big role in defeating Thanos. We could see him appear in Infinity War. Or as @warfelg suggested Guardians Vol. 3. I feel like if the MCU wanted to use him, they should use him in this final battle. Captain Marvel also uses beings of immense cosmic power, so he could appear there as a mentor to Captain Marvel, or maybe a villian. The MCU doesn't like to stick too close to the comics.
Considering that Vision has the Mind Gem in his head -- it would be a bit repetitive to have Adam Warlock have the Soul Gem in his forehead haha -- so they'd have to change the backstory a bit to include him.

Infinity War is so stuffed with characters that I think introducing him in Avengers 3 would be shoe-horning. I could see him in Avengers 4 though if the Thanos storyline continues into that film. Guardians of the Galaxy 3 I'm assuming will come out May 2020 -- so a year after Avengers 4 (May 2019) in the middle of Phase 4 -- so that would be a great place to introduce him, where he could cross-over eventually with a Captain Marvel sequel in Phase 4 (or 5)

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Considering that Vision has the Mind Gem in his head -- it would be a bit repetitive to have Adam Warlock have the Soul Gem in his forehead haha -- so they'd have to change the backstory a bit to include him.

Infinity War is so stuffed with characters that I think introducing him in Avengers 3 would be shoe-horning. I could see him in Avengers 4 though if the Thanos storyline continues into that film. Guardians of the Galaxy 3 I'm assuming will come out May 2020 -- so a year after Avengers 4 (May 2019) in the middle of Phase 4 -- so that would be a great place to introduce him, where he could cross-over eventually with a Captain Marvel sequel in Phase 4 (or 5)
That is fair. I have been seeing Avengers 3 as like a build up to the fight with Thanos. Maybe facing a smaller villain at the end (Warlock himself?) while Avengers 4 being like - wow! lets kill Thanos now! (like battle of five armies hobbit movie?)

spacemt354

Chili's
That is fair. I have been seeing Avengers 3 as like a build up to the fight with Thanos. Maybe facing a smaller villain at the end (Warlock himself?) while Avengers 4 being like - wow! lets kill Thanos now! (like battle of five armies hobbit movie?)
If they do that -- as an MCU fan I'm going to be mad (as mad as the mad titan):p

Their promotion for Avengers 3 has been saying that Thanos is essentially the main character -- so to pull another build up movie after all that hype...ggrr...:eek:

kmbmw777

Original Poster
If they do that -- as an MCU fan I'm going to be mad (as mad as the mad titan):p

Their promotion for Avengers 3 has been saying that Thanos is essentially the main character -- so to pull another build up movie after all that hype...ggrr...:eek:
that's fair lol. I just can't see what they would do with the fourth movie. Plus it shall take some time to reassemble the avengers and the guardians

spacemt354

Chili's
that's fair lol. I just can't see what they would do with the fourth movie. Plus it shall take some time to reassemble the avengers and the guardians
My guess (and this could be totally wrong) but the reason they aren't revealing the name yet is I bet it's something like "New Avengers" or "Secret Wars" which to nerds would reveal alternate timelines and possibly give away the ending to Infinity War where most of the heroes have their send offs and/or get sent into other realities.

Which would make sense that Ant-Man (who can travel into the quantum realm) and Captain Marvel (a cosmic character) are the two films in-between Infinity War and Avengers 4...because they can use those supernatural themes whereas something grounded like Captain America couldn't.

I could then see Avengers 4 being the assembling of the new team -- Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, etc who would have to save the old Avengers from different dimensions, join the Guardians and reset the reality that Thanos set in Infinity War.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
My guess (and this could be totally wrong) but the reason they aren't revealing the name yet is I bet it's something like "New Avengers" or "Secret Wars" which to nerd would reveal alternate timelines and possibly give away the ending to Infinity War where most of the heroes have their send offs and/or get sent into other realities.

Which would make sense that Ant-Man (who can travel into the quantum realm) and Captain Marvel (a cosmic character) are the two films in-between Infinity War and Avengers 4...because they can use those supernatural themes whereas something grounded like Captain America couldn't.

I could then see Avengers 4 being the assembling of the new team -- Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, etc who would have to save the old Avengers from different dimensions, join the Guardians and reset the reality that Thanos set in Infinity War.
I do like these ideas. So what would happen to characters like Cap America (as Steve Rogers) I know the common idea is to have Bucky Barnes take over the suit, but that still doesn't resolve the issue you mentioned of them being too grounded.

spacemt354

Chili's
I do like these ideas. So what would happen to characters like Cap America (as Steve Rogers) I know the common idea is to have Bucky Barnes take over the suit, but that still doesn't resolve the issue you mentioned of them being too grounded.
My guess is Captain America dies battling Thanos (maybe sacrificing himself for Iron Man)

That would be quite poetic:bookworm:

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Secret Wars is basically they fight evil versions of themselves due to altering timelines. (Which is what they are hinting at with Agents of Shield right now)
secret-wars-for-countdown-21jpg.jpeg
I need to start that show lol! I can definitely see this happening. Something like where Thanos screws with the space-time continuum too much and they have to go on a dimensional adventure. It would explain why the included Doc Strange in Phase III. Also, it allows them to bring back villians like the Red Skull or Ronan who never lived up to their true potntial

kmbmw777

Original Poster
But given the use of Infinity Stones -- in Avengers 4, with the use of the Time Stone...all of these events could be undone.

So Cap could die in Avengers 3...and somehow reverse time, and come back at the end of Avengers 4.
Also, there's' the whole Thanos being in love with Death in the comics. Giving an Avenger to death as a present and then Death using Steve to fight the Avengers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom