Song to walk down the aisle

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Guys! Please help! I love every single Disney song there ever was, and am so indecisive! My bridesmaids are going to come down to Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas, but I want to come down the aisle with my dad to a disney song as well!

I was thinking Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast, Now I See the Light from Tangled, Part of Your World from The Litte Mermaid... the list goes on.

What is the ultimate Disney song that gives your the goosebumps and turns you into a goo ball mess?

Thank you :)

belledream

Oh my gosh, you are speaking my language!

I walked down the aisle to 'Waiting for the Lights' from Tangled and our recessional was 'Epilogue' from Frozen...my heart bursts with love every time I see or hear anything to do with those melodies. :inlove:

If the BMs are doing Colors of the Wind, maybe keep it in the theme and do 'Pocahontas'? It has a very sweeping and whimsical feel to it that gives me chills! Plus, I honestly find instrumental scores to be very memorable and inspirational, so maybe look into 'Main Titles' from The Little Mermaid, or 'Part of Your World reprise'?

Whatever you choose, hope it is as beautiful and magical as you ever dreamed!

nickys

Premium Member
Guys! Please help! I love every single Disney song there ever was, and am so indecisive! My bridesmaids are going to come down to Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas, but I want to come down the aisle with my dad to a disney song as well!

I was thinking Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast, Now I See the Light from Tangled, Part of Your World from The Litte Mermaid... the list goes on.

What is the ultimate Disney song that gives your the goosebumps and turns you into a goo ball mess?

Congratulations! I remember your trip report, without a ring, and missed the news!

For me, it's " a whole new world" from Aladdin.

Captain Barbossa

In terms of the parks, SpectroMagic, Wishes, Pirates of the Caribbean (the battle scene) (the medallion calls), Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, the music that plays around Main Street, Battle Hymn of the Republic from HoP, Golden Dream from The American Adventure, and Illuminations. In terms of movies, William Tell Overture, Ride, and Home from the Lone Ranger. Home will make you loose it. The Medallion Calls, I've Got My Eye on You, Hello Beastie, Singapore, Up is Down, Parlay, and Drink Up Me Hearties. All from Pirates of the Caribbean. But the #1 that makes me loose it, is the love suite from Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End (Will and Elizabeth's theme). I highly recommend that you listen to it. It is the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard. It will make you cry.

I apologize for making this long!! There are just so many disney songs that make me so emotional!! I love Colors of the Wind so I think that's a great choice.

Congrats by the way!!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I bet you have dreamed about walking down the aisle with your dad to meet your prince since you were a little girl.

How about the instrumental version of "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella?

kaitertot5249

Every time I hear "So this is love" from Cinderella I think of weddings and love and all things romantic. The lyrics really speak for themselves. There are also a whole bunch of instrumental Disney songs that aren't overly Disney but still ooze Disney Magic and could be a great way to incorporate some of our Disney love into your special day.

Honestly, all of the songs that you listed would be great! I think you have a lot of Disney music to listen to in order to make your decision :geek: Have fun!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Oh my gosh, you are speaking my language!

I walked down the aisle to 'Waiting for the Lights' from Tangled and our recessional was 'Epilogue' from Frozen...my heart bursts with love every time I see or hear anything to do with those melodies. :inlove:

If the BMs are doing Colors of the Wind, maybe keep it in the theme and do 'Pocahontas'? It has a very sweeping and whimsical feel to it that gives me chills! Plus, I honestly find instrumental scores to be very memorable and inspirational, so maybe look into 'Main Titles' from The Little Mermaid, or 'Part of Your World reprise'?

Whatever you choose, hope it is as beautiful and magical as you ever dreamed!

Your ceremony sounds beautiful! I could cry just listening to the music! Thank you!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
In terms of the parks, SpectroMagic, Wishes, Pirates of the Caribbean (the battle scene) (the medallion calls), Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, the music that plays around Main Street, Battle Hymn of the Republic from HoP, Golden Dream from The American Adventure, and Illuminations. In terms of movies, William Tell Overture, Ride, and Home from the Lone Ranger. Home will make you loose it. The Medallion Calls, I've Got My Eye on You, Hello Beastie, Singapore, Up is Down, Parlay, and Drink Up Me Hearties. All from Pirates of the Caribbean. But the #1 that makes me loose it, is the love suite from Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End (Will and Elizabeth's theme). I highly recommend that you listen to it. It is the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard. It will make you cry.

I apologize for making this long!! There are just so many disney songs that make me so emotional!! I love Colors of the Wind so I think that's a great choice.

Congrats by the way!!

Thank you for all your ideas! I am currently listen to Pirates as I type.. too beautiful for words! Disney really have the best music and films scores! They all give me the goosebumps. I love Golden Dream as well from American Adventure! I think you have given me more ideas! LOL

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I bet you have dreamed about walking down the aisle with your dad to meet your prince since you were a little girl.

How about the instrumental version of "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella?

I am looking into having a harp player and this is a song she plays! How perfect would this be!!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Every time I hear "So this is love" from Cinderella I think of weddings and love and all things romantic. The lyrics really speak for themselves. There are also a whole bunch of instrumental Disney songs that aren't overly Disney but still ooze Disney Magic and could be a great way to incorporate some of our Disney love into your special day.

Honestly, all of the songs that you listed would be great! I think you have a lot of Disney music to listen to in order to make your decision :geek: Have fun!

I just need a full blown orchestra of all things Disney. LOL.. thank you so much! I love "So this is love" it truly is the quintessential love and Disney song!

Captain Barbossa

Thank you for all your ideas! I am currently listen to Pirates as I type.. too beautiful for words! Disney really have the best music and films scores! They all give me the goosebumps. I love Golden Dream as well from American Adventure! I think you have given me more ideas! LOL
When it comes to Disney movie scores, you can't beat Hans Zimmer!!

DisneyPrincess5

How'd we know you'd want to walk down the aisle to a Disney tune?! You're too cute!
Take a listen to Bella Notte, Ma Belle Evangeline, and I See the Light.

Not Disney, but notable mention: I walked down the aisle to Embryonic Journey. It's by Jefferson Airplane and played during the series finale episode of friends.

Happy choosing!

RyPat

^this is what my wife walked down the aisle to... she practiced it the night before to figure out exactly which second she would start walking on...

Weather_Lady

"I See the Light" from Tangled, "When She Loved Me" from Toy Story 2 (probably not great for a wedding, though) and "Baby Mine" from Dumbo all reduce me to a puddle of tears and Kleenex instantly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom